EA Forums - Banner

When to drop friends

Prev1
You'll find it easier to find the robots in abandoned towns, so I'd keep them for a while

Replies

• maggiesmob
    226 posts
    edited August 2016
    I just hide them and then once in a while check if they've played recently. I usually give neighbours a few months, sometimes longer for really long time neighbours or really nice towns, but I do sometimes get impatient when a new event hits (or they have crappy towns and never visit :wink: ). I think a few of mine are currently on holiday, a few are playing but still haven't up-dated to the SciFi (probably because they never read the forum and have automatic up-dates disabled).

• adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If I see a friend that's 8 weeks or over then deleted.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • 4junk3000
    5301 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I may delete a neighbor if i see any period of time i deem too long at that particular moment.

Could be 24 hours. You haven't played in a day? You're not addicted like me and playing several times a day?? Buh-bye.

But-

I also have neighbors who are my forum friends, and it doesn't matter when they play. One of my neighbors hasn't played in over 30 weeks.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • tfrnk
    60 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I give them two months. I figure that's enough time to account for vacations, life-events, and whatnot before it's clear they're no longer interested. That being said, I have room after a recent purge so feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    tfrnk wrote:
    I give them two months. I figure that's enough time to account for vacations, life-events, and whatnot before it's clear they're no longer interested. That being said, I have room after a recent purge so feel free to add me if you'd like!

I had 2 years off the game, was quite surprised I still had neighbours on my return. Granted most have since quit themselves but a good portion are still active.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    During an event less active friends are better but otherwise they arent so I would say 3 to 4 weeks depending on what is going on. But like others have said long time friends are different. I guess take it on case by case basis would be the best way to deal with it.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • oubouncer
    519 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    It used to matter if your neighbors were active because they used to provide additional event currency but now they really don't. If an event gives you the option to do something besides tapping like dropping presents (Christmas event), gremlins(Halloween event), or something else that provides additional currency i'd trade out neighbors.....otherwise, don't worry about it
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    3 seconds. And then it's outta there!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    3 seconds. And then it's outta there!

:D:D
  • johncolombo
    11349 posts Senior Moderator
    edited August 2016
    I have one neighbor who has not played in 34 weeks. But I keep her on becuase it's LeT's town and it's been described as the Rosetta Stone of tapped out. So it's of value to me.

Did any of her other neighbors keep her too?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have one neighbor who has not played in 34 weeks. But I keep her on becuase it's LeT's town and it's been described as the Rosetta Stone of tapped out. So it's of value to me.

Did any of her other neighbors keep her too?

Yep! :wink:
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited August 2016
    I was off for about a month due to health issues and hospitals with little to nonexistent wifi. I was surprised nobody had dropped me. Thank you to those here who remained on my list. Couldn't finish the last quest, hoping to finish this one.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited August 2016
    I rarely drop friends...even if they havent played in weeks.
    I dont usually visit all my neighbours when events arent running so it doesnt matter if there isnt anything to tap.
    During events we seldom get something from all our neightbours, so again it doesnt worry me.
    Some people dont want to play events, so I dont take the fact that they havent got the event running a sign that they arent still playing.
    If you visit friends regularly then drop the ones who havent played for a few weeks if you need the spaces.
  • jbelknap
    57 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    It's very easy to get new friends. If you drop them, they can have a new one in under an hour. If they aren't playing any more, then they won't notice or care. Even if they are playing, they probably won't notice or care.

I usually clean out my friends list the Sunday after a new event hits. People with no event currency are deleted. They've had a few days and all weekend to get going. Maybe they are on vacation. Maybe they are having personal problems. Maybe their wifi isn't working and they wish they could play. Maybe they quit months ago and I didn't realize it till know. IDK and I don't care. I don't know ANY of these people in real life. When I had surgery and didn't play for about two months, I'm sure I got dropped by some people. So what? When I went back to playing, I was able to fill up my friend list in less than 30 minutes.

For this event, it doesn't matter so much. During the down time between events, I don't care if people visit me or not. But. When there is an even where friend visits matter, then I want friends who are participating. So drop them when you feel like it for whatever reason you fell like. They haven't played in six weeks? You can drop them. Haven't played in six hours? You can drop them. Their town is ugly and its wall to wall with no roads? You can drop them? Their town is prettier than yours and your jealous? You can drop them. You're in a bad mood and want to delete all your friends? You can drop them.
  • bluntcard
    3796 posts Member
    edited August 2016

Used to be that neighbors had to activate an update before you could collect from their town. It was also standard for "friends" to leave gifts in your town and vice-versa.

Now towns are really just places to harvest materials, whether they update or not.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Jbelknap! You're so warm and fuzzy! Lol technically correct tho,however...
    Don't have filled up friends list yet anyway but I don't deliver during events cuz I don't care if they don't play, I need their event related junk. Not playing? No worries, long as I have something to tap on. But if there isn't anything left and they haven't played in weeks then I may drop em.

Again, never had max friends so haven't bothered. Last update I lost about 6 friends, ironically 3 of them were actually real life friends lol oops.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have given up on dropping people. Sometimes I may hide them if I am going to visit neighbors but I really haven't done much of that except for during events. The only way I am going to lose neighbors is if they drop me.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If you already have all the friendship prizes, does it really matter if your neighbors are active or not? The most recent events, there was no benefit if you were visited by neighbors. If your neighbors are inactive, you could still visit them for your 3 taps and get event currency.
  • wadebear
    3886 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The way they're running things currently you don't need your neighbors to be active or even to have updated to get the neighbor rewards for visiting (as far as I can tell), so I wait until the events are over. It takes so long to hunt down invaders that I usually only do the minimum required for the event (or 33) before I stop for the day.

Between events I try to tap everyone (trying for donuts), then if I find someone who's out of things to tap I check to see how long since they've played. If it's been weeks I drop them - there are other people who ARE playing, and as far as I know the non-players could be dead (seriously.... We used to run a campground and frequent customers would drop out. Month's later we'd find out they'd died.)

If someone I've dropped wants back on my neighbor list they can always send me an invite.

I'm no longer accepting duplicate neighbors in my towns though. It's just too confusing.
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If you already have all the friendship prizes, does it really matter if your neighbors are active or not? The most recent events, there was no benefit if you were visited by neighbors. If your neighbors are inactive, you could still visit them for your 3 taps and get event currency.
    the only reason to continue visiting neighbors after getting all the friend prizes is the small chance of finding donuts
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!