EA Forums - Banner

Second Monrail Tunnel

Replies

• ZennGlenn
    1781 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    :roll: Still no idea how you've all managed to complete the track w/out it being off by 1 sqaure... worked my 2.5yrs of solid designing a?? off but can't figure it out :roll:

Look at my town neighbor :wink:

Thx neiboreeno; will give it close examination... & actually amending the thought; basically was aware of having to just go ahead & do the full tedium of working backwards from the tunnel rail by rail of the entire track, which is just what I'm completeing now :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • limitedlien
    25 posts
    edited August 2016
    All ready welcome back full circuit!
  • crodf20
    99 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm pretty sure I've completed all the weeks (from 1 to 4). Still don't have the second tunnel :cry:
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    crodf20 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I've completed all the weeks (from 1 to 4). Still don't have the second tunnel :cry:

You get the second tunnel at the end of Week 5.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    crodf20 wrote:

Do you know if we miss 1 week and then still finish, if we'll get the 2nd tunnel next week? I hope so.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    bradyc79 wrote:
    crodf20 wrote:

Do you know if we miss 1 week and then still finish, if we'll get the 2nd tunnel next week? I hope so.

Yep, you do. I missed a week at the start and I'm still on track!

Also, even if you don't get to the final prize, it will carry over to next week as your next final prize until you get it.
  • maggiesmob
    226 posts
    edited August 2016
    Five weeks, two tunnels, and 50 donuts, done! I'm going to keep my tunnels in storage until the rest of SH opens up.
  • baksinengl89
    942 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I too missed the original Monorail event, I started playing this game after the event happened

For this weeks final prize I got 10 donuts and the week before that I got the first tunnel as my last prize after upgrading the Dilapidated Rail Yard and getting Sebastian Cobb.

I dunno when I am gonna get the second tunnel and all the other stations mentioned that where mentioned in the monorail faq.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I too missed the original Monorail event, I started playing this game after the event happened

For this weeks final prize I got 10 donuts and the week before that I got the first tunnel as my last prize after upgrading the Dilapidated Rail Yard and getting Sebastian Cobb.

I dunno when I am gonna get the second tunnel and all the other stations mentioned that where mentioned in the monorail faq.

Here you are :)2hwE99tg.png
  • limitedlien
    25 posts
    edited August 2016
    Ah finally loop reestablished. Took a lot of work (had to move original stations 1 up and 1 east but it is all finished (at least until new stations out).

Any monorail fans feel free to friend me to check it out.
  • bobobobob690266
    97 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    So what happens next week? Does it go back to being 5 donuts and track pieces for completing a week's worth of monorail tasks?
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    So what happens next week? Does it go back to being 5 donuts and track pieces for completing a week's worth of monorail tasks?

Yep, 5 donuts and 10 random track pieces every week! :-)
  • baksinengl89
    942 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:

That guide is what is confusing me.

Like I stated before I started playing Tapped Out well after the original Monorail event happened. Now when the new monorail update happened it took me two weeks to upgrade the Dilapidated Station to the Rail Yard and get all ten prizes from it including Cobb.

I then got the final week 1 prize from the Rail Yard which is the first tunnel that I got.

But as regards to the final week 2 prize on the faq, I was surprised not to get another Monorail station from it. Instead it give me 10 donuts as my fifth and last prize for this week's monorail grind.

So what gives, how come it did not give me another station as the last prize for week 2 as the faq so indicated? Not that I am complaining about getting 10 free donuts.

I thought that you had to own and win all the different stations including the second tunnel for the first six weeks before you could start earning donuts from it for week 5 and onwards. But the thing is I am nowhere near that point yet, next Tuesday will be my third week of the Rail Yard stuff not my fifth.

I only hope and assume that for my next weeks Monorail grind which will be week 3 for me, I should be getting the Tetanus Terminal since I don't own it, that should be the last prize for week 3.
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    During the monorail event there was a glitch on stations, so I was able to get two more, plus I bought the Christmas station. Because of the glitch, I now have my extra Tetanus terminal in Springfield Heights. Started working on the two tunnels a bit ago rearranging track, but at the moment, all stations are disconnected because the game plays better during events if I have less movement in my town. I just wish that EA had done an exchange on the first tunnel, with the second one, and made one tunnel double track. Luckily, I didn't need to do too much rearranging for the second tunnel which I got yesterday. Love the new format on finishing each week. Usually i'm done within one day, opposed to the way it used to be taking 3 or 4 days, and with events, one time I was within 1 hour finishing one week until the new week was going to start. I think that was during the Western event. Almost drove me insane trying to jumble everything.

P.S.- I couldn't resist, and reattached the station's. I totally have SH hooked up with SF. Takes at least 5 minutes+ to make the loop. I haven't timed it yet, but could have eaten a sandwich before the monorail finished the loop.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:

That guide is what is confusing me.

Like I stated before I started playing Tapped Out well after the original Monorail event happened. Now when the new monorail update happened it took me two weeks to upgrade the Dilapidated Station to the Rail Yard and get all ten prizes from it including Cobb.

I then got the final week 1 prize from the Rail Yard which is the first tunnel that I got.

But as regards to the final week 2 prize on the faq, I was surprised not to get another Monorail station from it. Instead it give me 10 donuts as my fifth and last prize for this week's monorail grind.

So what gives, how come it did not give me another station as the last prize for week 2 as the faq so indicated? Not that I am complaining about getting 10 free donuts.

I thought that you had to own and win all the different stations including the second tunnel for the first six weeks before you could start earning donuts from it for week 5 and onwards. But the thing is I am nowhere near that point yet, next Tuesday will be my third week of the Rail Yard stuff not my fifth.

I only hope and assume that for my next weeks Monorail grind which will be week 3 for me, I should be getting the Tetanus Terminal since I don't own it, that should be the last prize for week 3.

The reason you got 10 donuts, like the chart says, is because you already own the Springfield Central Station. You got it in the first questline before Sebastian Cobb, remember? That's why you got the 10 donuts, not the station as you already had it.

The only reason they put the station in Week 2 was for the people who got the Rail Yard in the first monorail event but somehow didn't get the Central Monorail Station, so that's why they had to include it as a week 2 prize.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Is anyone else going to forgo the second tunnel? I don't like the spacing of the track pieces when stretched across a road, so if I do a loop I don't have a way to connect my roads.
  • 4junk3000
    6186 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Is anyone else going to forgo the second tunnel? I don't like the spacing of the track pieces when stretched across a road, so if I do a loop I don't have a way to connect my roads.

No no! Get the tunnel!

With the second one, you gain the ability to remove the mountains. Then you can run the track straight through anywhere you want! Do it while you still can in case they remove this new found ability!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

No no! Get the tunnel!

With the second one, you gain the ability to remove the mountains. Then you can run the track straight through anywhere you want! Do it while you still can in case they remove this new found ability!

I have the tunnel already. Removing the mountains doesn't solve my issue - I can't form a loop of any kind without essentially cutting off access from inside the loop to outside of it.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

No no! Get the tunnel!

I have the tunnel already. Removing the mountains doesn't solve my issue - I can't form a loop of any kind without essentially cutting off access from inside the loop to outside of it.

Hmm, I am new to the monorail but I had to be very diligent in designing where all my stations would go so they would all line up with the tunnel. Now it's all sorted and I can make a perfect loop! :D
  • baksinengl89
    942 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Quick question to those who own both tunnels. The faq says that the last prize for weeks 1 and 5 are tunnels, but what happens if you already own both tunnels?

I mean do you get a third tunnel when you repeat weeks 1 and 5 again? Or do you get donuts if you already own both tunnels?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.