EA Forums - Banner

Act 1 complete

adruralo
3292 posts Member
adruralo52 wrote:
Just finished act 1 and landed sgt Skinner.
It asks to collect matter for the ski fact bonus, not sure what that is?

The SciFact Bonus task is to collect 3000 matter. Once you have done this, you can open three different boxes for a chance of bonuts! :)

4wWmDmP.png
iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.

Replies

• Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Congrats! I have about 2 days collecting before getting Sgt. Skinner.
  • matt777jam77
    243 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    adruralo52 wrote:

Is he a skin or separate playable character?
  • lightening79
    134 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    adruralo52 wrote:

Is he a skin or separate playable character?

Different character like the episode he came from .
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I just got him too. I was expecting to finish this evening because I needed 450 dark matter. However, he unlocked after I played the Scifighter game. I'm wondering if the xp collider is affecting the game.

After that, the bonus icon takes you to the PolyVac and not to a random robot. Boooooooo
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    petehd14 wrote:
    I just got him too. I was expecting to finish this evening because I needed 450 dark matter. However, he unlocked after I played the Scifighter game. I'm wondering if the xp collider is affecting the game.

After that, the bonus icon takes you to the PolyVac and not to a random robot. Boooooooo

It's ok, because the PolyVac destroys all robots in the area. And you can have a max of 80 robots that spawn within 4 hours, just in time for you to turn on the PolyVac and destroy them all :D
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I cleared all of my robots except for 2, so I shouldnt've received more than 160 dark matter. If I got five times that, it would give me the last prize. That's why I think the xp collider might be adding more occasionally.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    adruralo52 wrote:

The SciFact Bonus task is to collect 3000 matter. Once you have done this, you can open three different boxes for a chance of bonuts! :)

4wWmDmP.png
    Thanks, I had a feeling that was so.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • johncolombo
    11569 posts Senior Moderator
    edited August 2016
    I just got Sgt Skinner too. I was never worried about collecting enough matter, it's those robot pieces that are driving me nuts. I need 1500 for my next craftable.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    petehd14 wrote:
    I cleared all of my robots except for 2, so I shouldnt've received more than 160 dark matter. If I got five times that, it would give me the last prize. That's why I think the xp collider might be adding more occasionally.
    It amazes me that people aren't more perceptive than this.

When you first activate the PolyVac it zaps all your Walking Robots and you get the payout for them.

Then you play the SciFighter minigame and tap the Flying robots. You get a separate payout of Robot Parts and Dark Matter for the Flying Robots.

So there's your discrepancy.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I was adding the total since pressing start. I only had two robots wandering the town before the game zapped them. I usually get 140 to 150 dark matter from the flying ones, so there is no way I had just gotten more than 160 dark matter. I needed about 450 dark matter to get the next prize. When I finished I heard the chime, and Sgt. Skinner unlocked. There must be some way to collect event currency faster.

I try to tap my robots before playing because I don't think it gives the correct number when it clears the town. It always gives me a nice round number when its above the single digits.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I just got Sgt Skinner too. I was never worried about collecting enough matter, it's those robot pieces that are driving me nuts. I need 1500 for my next craftable.

Hey John, please be careful about crafting the Atomic Hula Hoop, both Aidx and I crafted it to level up with way less than 1,500 needed (if I remember, both of us would've upgraded the next level too), but we only levelled up the once, 100%, even though the Robot Parts usually carry over. I wasted 1,200 Robot Parts! Was so angry!!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

Hey John, please be careful about crafting the Atomic Hula Hoop, both Aidx and I crafted it to level up with way less than 1,500 needed (if I remember, both of us would've upgraded the next level too), but we only levelled up the once, 100%, even though the Robot Parts usually carry over. I wasted 1,200 Robot Parts! Was so angry!!

Me too. I crafted it because I knew that everything else had carried over onto the next level, but the Atomic Hoola Hoop didn't :evil:
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Good to know. I've been holding off until I reach a level where it can fit.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.