EA Forums - Banner

Only at 12,000 am I missing something?

Prev1
Visiting neighbours will provide some extra dark matter and if you have donuts to spend then the Elysium project will supply 100 every 4 hours.

Replies

• anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    General consensus is that if you can't collect 4 times per day (you've been doing it 3 times a day if I'm understanding correctly), then you will not likely be able to get the last prize. As has been suggested you can go with some premiums to help (Elysium suggested above, or Frank Grimes). Also the daily challenges, if swapped out may give you 1100 dark matter, which could be immensely helpful.

Failing this, see if you can log in the 4th time in a day to clear the PolyVac. I know that we all have real-life commitments, but this might be the path of least resistance.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Argh, that's insane! I have to work 5 days a week. How do they expect me to tap 4 times a day?. I have both premium characters from the event and I'm still 1000 crystals behind my neighbors :(.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Argh, that's insane! I have to work 5 days a week. How do they expect me to tap 4 times a day?. I have both premium characters from the event and I'm still 1000 crystals behind my neighbors :(.
    You only need to clear the PolyVac, send the alternate Homers, and play the mini-game each time you play. You can be done in under 1 minute. I couldn't play the game last weekend and was behind nearly 3,000 but caught up since then. Pretty easy and much less playing time than most events.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    As HisWrath says, if you COULD squeeze in a fourth visit, you can just play the PolyVac mini-game. Do you realize that playing that game ALSO automatically, instantly, collects every one of your 80 wandering robots? It is (literally) 30 seconds. You do NOT have to go through your town to find any robots. The PolyVac did that for you.

When I was working, I would have had absolutely NO WAY to do that from work. So I totally get where you're coming from if that's the case in your job too. But I don't know if you realized that was all you need to do. Did you realize that?
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well, as mentioned, try and log in a few more times a day if possible. If you really want Sgt Skinner, set alarms at 4-hour intervals when you go to bed so you can wake up and do the PolyVac.

One great tip is to swap out daily challenges every time they don't reward you dark matter. This will give you a much higher chance of getting that 1100 challenge reward, so you'll be making a lot more! I've got 5500 matter just from challenges. Without it, I'd be at 13,000 matter, not 18,000! :P
  • baksinengl89
    855 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I wouldn't recommend swapping out all the daily challenges, for this event I personally am just doing the ones that pay out donuts and dark matter.

Every other challenge that doesn't pay that out, I just swap them until I get one that pays donuts or dark matter.
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I wouldn't recommend swapping out all the daily challenges, for this event I personally am just doing the ones that pay out donuts and dark matter.

Every other challenge that doesn't pay that out, I just swap them until I get one that pays donuts or dark matter.

I agree, and I am doing that as well, but the OP needs suggestions to specifically increase Dark Matter payouts to catch up in this event. Daily challenges work out great for this.
  • DigitalBaggins
    104 posts
    edited August 2016

Take your phone to the bathroom and take a break :P cause if you be crapping you should be tappin :P

And what ever you do don't drop it. :P
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    if you be crapping you should be tappin :P

I love it! I should make this my new religion!
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    anaquarind wrote:
    if you be crapping you should be tappin :P

I love it! I should make this my new religion!

TSTO Craptapology- I'm a believer. :)

I do the alarm bit, for the polyvac and returning multi universe homers to work, as well as paid attention to the walk through for all quests that pay in matter. Also have Grimes and Elysium and do friends daily after work before bed. All in all its paying off for this act.

The 4hr chore is literally only a minute including log in time as you don't have to go anywhere and mini-game wipes out all robots.
    EDIT: 4 hr can be done 6 times a day, I do it 5 times.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Take your phone to the bathroom and take a break :P cause if you be crapping you should be tappin :P

And what ever you do don't drop it. :P

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I work 40+ hours a week and manage to check into my town for 5 minutes 6 to 8 times per day. Bare minimally I will check in 4 or 5 times once every 4 hours. I check in when I first wake up and then every 2, 3 or 4 hours after that depending the day's schedule. If I'm going to check in about every 2 hours I will send everyone on one hour tasks. But during work I just use the 4 hour check in. Check in before leaving for work and then on lunch and then right after getting off of work. This way I have gotten three 4 hour cycles around the work shift. This allows for as many or as little after that. If doing a 4 hour cycle one can get 5 cycles if the first cycle has completed and ready to collect when you wake up. The 5th cycle is collected just before going to sleep.
  • Nemowaz
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The 4hr chore is literally only a minute i'luding log in time as you don't have to go anywhere and mini-game wipes out all robots.
    I noticed that you get more matter than by just tapping them individually when playing the mini game. I'm pretty sure there weren't 80 robots in my town, but the mini game paid out 110 dark matter in addition to the ~150 I got for defending the poly-vac. So maybe it's two dark matter per existing robot. That makes it highly recommendable to not tap robots individually.
  • xSiLeNcE420x
    31 posts
    edited August 2016
    I'm about to hit 20k in a few hours.. so I 'think' I'll be able to nab Skinner.. at least I hope. Would hate to have to spend donuts on a freebie.
  • wildcat2k
    70 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well maybe Im in the minority but I think they just ask too much for prizes in general with these big events. I too only play twice a day.

Im glad they didn't pull that bologna of making event currency every other "prize" this time. What a cheap cop out that was in the more recent ones.

The crafting system in this event is kind of stupid. Using robot parts to both unlock AND craft each individual thing. Don't bother having anything locked then. Just make the prices whatever it ends up being once youve opened and crafted it. Same difference.
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    It's doable. I'm able to get the required dark matter even with work and being able to log on during the day. Haven't used any donuts to complete any of the quests too. Just keep sending homers and any other character you can to the black hole, do the mini game and visit friends towns.
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    don't skip the challenges that give dark matter
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Nemowaz
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    JKoBenzed wrote:
    Just keep sending homers and any other character you can to the black hole, do the mini game and visit friends towns.
    What other characters are there (who can be sent to the black hole and earn dark matter)?
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Nemowaz wrote:
    JKoBenzed wrote:
    Just keep sending homers and any other character you can to the black hole, do the mini game and visit friends towns.
    What other characters are there (who can be sent to the black hole and earn dark matter)?

If you have Grimey he can be sent there as can future Maggie. Both premium characters give you 66 dark matter each.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    wildcat2k wrote:
    Well maybe Im in the minority but I think they just ask too much for prizes in general with these big events. I too only play twice a day.

Im glad they didn't pull that bologna of making event currency every other "prize" this time. What a cheap cop out that was in the more recent ones.

The crafting system in this event is kind of stupid. Using robot parts to both unlock AND craft each individual thing. Don't bother having anything locked then. Just make the prices whatever it ends up being once youve opened and crafted it. Same difference.

I don't think EA is asking too much this event, but I had two days with minimal play and I've been scrambling ever since. Still not sure I will make the last prize.

This event is tough I think because it's premium or nothing, even for long term players. Last Superheroes II event I had a bunch given free in Superheroes I to use etc.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!