EA Forums - Banner

Bug makes it possible to remove the mountains

Replies

• johncolombo
    11285 posts Senior Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Probably not the smartest thing to do, but I’m rolling the dice and doing this before the patch arrives. For now, I’ve left the newly-uncovered area bare except for water — adopt a wait-and-see approach before I put anything else there. What’s the worst that could happen? :roll:

Missing mountains and glitched land top of my list.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • jjluv1500
    307 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Don't you think the pic with the little gap between the mountains looks better than the tunnel ???
    Kind of like they has to use dynamite to open it up.....

Sorry buy I think it looks much better than the tunnel. :wink:
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I will be returning my mountains simply because they're critical to the existing designs of the properties near by. Having a lake there ruins it.

But i do like the idea of removing a chunk and having a mountain pass instead of a second road tunnel.

But I'd want to use this in the next large land expansion in SH, if that ever comes.

So i hope they don't do anything to change how to its working now.

Just leave it, EA!! Thanks!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Probably not the smartest thing to do, but I’m rolling the dice and doing this before the patch arrives. For now, I’ve left the newly-uncovered area bare except for water — adopt a wait-and-see approach before I put anything else there. What’s the worst that could happen? :roll:
    Same.

I'm betting they'll leave it as is. I don't see how they could revert to mountains and wipe out or store everything due to the possibility of un-storable buildings being involved. Alternatively, the graphical mess of having the mountains coexist with whatever is there would probably result in a rash of tech support calls.
  • wadebear
    3699 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Here's how I would fix it so that it wouldn't cause havoc:

1. Patch the glitch so that mountains can't be removed.

2. Set up a mini quest line that requires the mountains be replaced - or else you can't do anything else in the game. And that includes collect rent from buildings, send characters on tasks, etc.

• tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    This is a good glitch, doesn't harm anything and doesn't unbalance the game (like people going from a few hundred donuts to 1000's). I've made spaces - and it looks a lot better - but nothing precious will go there yet.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I think the best thing to do is just to put all those annoying Springfield Heights buildings like the Institue of Technology and the Furniture Shop, that we can't store, in the mountains :P
  • barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If a patch doesn't mess too much up, I'd vote this as one of the best glitches ever.
  • maggiesmob
    226 posts
    edited August 2016
    Do the mountains completely disappear or can you put them back using the same method in reverse or something?

I think I'm scared to even try this in case I screw up my town, but the option of having/not having mountains would be pretty awesome.
  • empathy77
    4185 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    maggiesmob wrote:
    Do the mountains completely disappear or can you put them back using the same method in reverse or something?

I think I'm scared to even try this in case I screw up my town, but the option of having/not having mountains would be pretty awesome.

You can put the back by placing the Springfield Heights tunnel on the bare spot, when you move the tunnel, the mountains have returned.

Personally, after consideration, I am not removing my mountains, for the many reasons mentioned in the thread. Especially being considered a "hacked" game for taking advantage of a glitch. All support is lost by EA if you have a hacked game should something happen.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    suetopia wrote:
    I'm basing this on what we have seen with the graphic glitches caused by having the monorail tracks in the water AND the instances where graphic glitches were caused when the Side Show Bob rakes somehow managed to get stuck underneath a building. Once those things were removed, the graphic glitch went away 9/10 times (there have been instances where that hasn't solved it, but - to the best of my knowledge - the majority of times it has).

I M I THE ONLY PERSON WHO STILL HAS THIS?????
    NOTHING HELPS AND EA DONT BODER TO FIX THIS HUGH MASSIVE BUGG THAT WORKS ON MY NERVES OVER MORE THAN A YEAR NOW !!!!!!!!!!!
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    suetopia wrote:
    I'm basing this on what we have seen with the graphic glitches caused by having the monorail tracks in the water AND the instances where graphic glitches were caused when the Side Show Bob rakes somehow managed to get stuck underneath a building. Once those things were removed, the graphic glitch went away 9/10 times (there have been instances where that hasn't solved it, but - to the best of my knowledge - the majority of times it has).

NOTHING HELPS AND EA DONT BODER TO FIX THIS HUGH MASSIVE BUGG THAT WORKS ON MY NERVES OVER MORE THAN A YEAR NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Can you add this to empathy77's EA fix it thread and include pictures if possible? I'll bump the thread to page 1.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Have these already been mentioned??

1. I'm able to move the original SH tunnel. I can't store it, but i can place it anywhere on the mountain strip now. It's not locked to that original location.

2. I have more flexibility to place the monorail tunnels. They were originally showing green (able to place) only in certain, spaced sections, about the width of the tunnel itself. But after clearing the mountain strip completely, i can now place the tunnel with a little more accuracy, moving it about the width of a road.
    ozyZqyAl.jpg
    I removed the original tunnel and now have a two lane causeway to SH!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    suetopia wrote:

I was basing this on what I've seen on the Answers HQ forum. There have been others where that hasn't worked - so I am sure you aren't the only one. But most of the times removing the items has fixed it.

I'm still hoping they somehow fix yours, seeing as removing the items didn't work for you.
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

1. I'm able to move the original SH tunnel. I can't store it, but i can place it anywhere on the mountain strip now. It's not locked to that original location.

2. I have more flexibility to place the monorail tunnels. They were originally showing green (able to place) only in certain, spaced sections, about the width of the tunnel itself. But after clearing the mountain strip completely, i can now place the tunnel with a little more accuracy, moving it about the width of a road.
    ozyZqyAl.jpg

I love how that looks. You're brave though, I've moved one mountain so far and wobbling about whether to put it back not not :lol:
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Got the second tunnel. I'll hold off from putting anything on it until the next patch arrives. :-o
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I put my mountains back but I really want to get rid of them! What should I do? :-o
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    chop off your hands
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:

ozyZqyAl.jpg
    I didn't get my the tunnel yet but hopefully before the patch is in. You say you can move it one road width? Hmm, I wonder if that will fix my issue. :) As to your number 1, the SH tunnel has been moveable for a while (but not originally).
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I put my mountains back but I really want to get rid of them! What should I do? :-o
    Try nuking, Mary.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!