EA Forums - Banner

Bug makes it possible to remove the mountains

Replies

• Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited August 2016
    empathy77 wrote:
    If there is usable land under the mountains that suggests this was planned.

While removing the mountain is clearly a glitch the rest would have to be intentional. Perhaps a future land expansion was spending money to level the mountains?

It is very curious, if they land is intended to be usable one day, then why create tunnels that can go through them?

Perhaps the planned cost is prohibitively high to remove the mountains for many users? Keep your mountains and have tunnels because you find it aesthetically pleasing? Maybe "one day" is a LONG way off?

I'm shooting here....wild guesses. However, I would bet donuts it's no accident that is usable land. :D
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    I put my mountains back but I really want to get rid of them! What should I do? :-o
    Try nuking, Mary.

Nuking is always the answer, Mox! :D

latest?cb=20141025163836
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I really want to remove my mountains before EA patches it. Unfortunately, I haven't unlocked the second tunnel yet.

I think they will just let the people who removed the mountains keep them removed, but they will fix it so newer players cannot abuse the glitch and remove their mountains. They won't try and add the mountains back because that would just mess up everybody's games :lol:
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    do I have to have both tunnels to get rid of the mountains?
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Willy9292
    1586 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Dear all,
    by placing the monorail tunnels side by side and then store both of them will remove the mountain on the last tunnel you store. This means by repeating that you can remove all mountains exept 2 (the original tunnel and one additional mountain.

Regards,
    Mogli

You need both. You can remove or replace. Appears that it removes the first one you store - so if you store the one on the right, then the one on the left the right area will be grass.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • empathy77
    4185 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    I put my mountains back but I really want to get rid of them! What should I do? :-o
    Try nuking, Mary.

latest?cb=20141025163836

I too have decided to keep my mountains............. But just imagine what you can do without them!!
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    empathy77 wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    Try nuking, Mary.

latest?cb=20141025163836

I too have decided to keep my mountains............. But just imagine what you can do without them!!

I know, Empathy!!! I'm torn! We should both nuke! :lol:
  • wagondriver4
    296 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I want some mountains so have not done anything yet. But I did notice that if you use the area select tool nearby the mountains, you can see a grid under them.
  • someonewashere
    1765 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Have these already been mentioned??

1. I'm able to move the original SH tunnel. I can't store it, but i can place it anywhere on the mountain strip now. It's not locked to that original location.

2. I have more flexibility to place the monorail tunnels. They were originally showing green (able to place) only in certain, spaced sections, about the width of the tunnel itself. But after clearing the mountain strip completely, i can now place the tunnel with a little more accuracy, moving it about the width of a road.
    ozyZqyAl.jpg
    I removed the original tunnel and now have a two lane causeway to SH!

Its so beautiful.
    We must dance a merry jig on the boons this amazing glitch has blessed us with.
    8e5967a1e00e7e36ac2f805f2cfce4bc.gif
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Darn....I wanted to do the removal but I only just now got the first tunnel. It says I competed this weeks task which doesn't make sense....it says I got 4 days left. I am confused about that. Can I still get the second tunnel next week? Or are these tunnels a limited time deal? By the time act 2 happens I am not sure I'll be able to do it in time. Don't they usually do each act as a ingame update? Does the glitch really need both tunnels???
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • bluntcard
    3720 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    1pillform wrote:
    Darn....I wanted to do the removal but I only just now got the first tunnel. It says I competed this weeks task which doesn't make sense....it says I got 4 days left. I am confused about that. Can I still get the second tunnel next week? Or are these tunnels a limited time deal? By the time act 2 happens I am not sure I'll be able to do it in time. Don't they usually do each act as a ingame update? Does the glitch really need both tunnels???

That's a lot of questions :shock: :D

Each week you complete 5 tasks at the rail yard. If you received the first tunnel, it means you have completed the five tasks for the week. In 4 days the tasks will renew. Next week the tasks will be earning you tracks and then a donut bonus on the last task. I think this goes on for three weeks until you get to week five when you are rewarded with another tunnel.

Yes the glitch needs both tunnels.

Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Surfcitygal
    1200 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm on a trip and don't have time to work on the railroad this week to earn the second tunnel. It says prizes reset in 4 days. Am I out of luck?
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm on a trip and don't have time to work on the railroad this week to earn the second tunnel. It says prizes reset in 4 days. Am I out of luck?

No worst case you will have to start the same track you are currently on over again.

I may be wrong but I believe it will leave you right where you are.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I put mine back. I'd placed a road and then some rail track (I haven't uploaded the screenshot yet) instead 🎃🎃🎃🎃 a tunnel. Not sure if it is related but my next Scifighter glitched, other than the countdown and the robots everything in the animation disappeared :shock:
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I put mine back. I'd placed a road and then some rail track (I haven't uploaded the screenshot yet) instead 🎃🎃🎃🎃 a tunnel. Not sure if it is related but my next Scifighter glitched, other than the countdown and the robots everything in the animation disappeared :shock:

Haven’t seen this in my game.
  • Surfcitygal
    1200 posts Member
    edited August 2016

No worst case you will have to start the same track you are currently on over again.

I may be wrong but I believe it will leave you right where you are.

Thanks, that's a relief :D
  • empathy77
    4185 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    empathy77 wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    Try nuking, Mary.

latest?cb=20141025163836

I know, Empathy!!! I'm torn! We should both nuke! :lol:

b50a38a4-47ee-46e9-8a47-82274bb74ac6.gif
  • ava111sk624
    41 posts Member
    edited August 2016

This was happening to me in one of my 3 towns before this new glitch was discovered - everything but the robots attacking and counter disappeared but came back right after the fight ended. It's been happening here and there for the past 2 weeks but not with every fight. I didn't have this issue in my other 2 towns. I just removed few mountain parts in town number 2 (the town that was working fine) and will see if this issue will occur. But I don't think its related to this mountain removal bug.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Unrelated! That was happening the first day or two of the event, last week! (how long's it been?) It has happened to me like 3 times. I only just got the two tunnels today!

I agree with others that say that EA might patch this and leave it as it is. Kinda like when you can place cars on the road and then it's patched, they stay there. I don't see why this would be different.

I'll wait for the patch to put anything meaningful there. Just river, roads, and rails for now! The three R's. :D
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    1. I also have seen the stuff disappearing when the robots attack, before i got the 2nd tunnel. Unrelated.

2. You both will have a chance to get the 2nd tunnel. You just have to complete 5 weeks of Railyard tasks. Not straight through either, so don't worry. But it takes 5 weeks, and you earn either stations (if you don't have them) or donuts in between the week 1 and week 5 tunnels.

3. Yay i connected my SH station finally!. But now it's making me want to redo the rail system to have 3 trains running at the same time, each coming into 2 stations. So three back-n-forth trains instead of one circuit.
    GvP2cRtl.jpg
    I'm not sure i like this new design. It's on trial for now.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!