EA Forums - Banner

Bug makes it possible to remove the mountains

Replies

• NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks everyone for the reassurance regarding the disappearing stuff. I'm glad I posted here :)
  • PeterJamesFoote5
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Dear all,
    by placing the monorail tunnels side by side and then store both of them will remove the mountain on the last tunnel you store. This means by repeating that you can remove all mountains exept 2 (the original tunnel and one additional mountain.

Regards,
    Mogli

That works, except it does not remove all the mountains. However. If you move the Simpson's mountain to the far left, then move your tunnels to the right of it, then delete sections using Mogli's method one by one, you can clear all but one section.

Thanks! That solves an annoying problem caused by not being able to place the monorail tunnels exactly where you want to. Unless you've been very, very lucky, I wasn't, it's likely that you won't be able to connect your existing network to the tunnels without redoing the whole darn thing!!!!!!! This solves that nicely and adds development land to boot!
    L 939play 2-3x a day. Want friends With good buildings to friends ratio.
  • PeterJamesFoote5
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    I put my mountains back but I really want to get rid of them! What should I do? :-o
    Try nuking, Mary.

Nuking is always the answer, Mox! :D

latest?cb=20141025163836

Nukes are NEVER the answer!
  • PeterJamesFoote5
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Have these already been mentioned??

1. I'm able to move the original SH tunnel. I can't store it, but i can place it anywhere on the mountain strip now. It's not locked to that original location.

2. I have more flexibility to place the monorail tunnels. They were originally showing green (able to place) only in certain, spaced sections, about the width of the tunnel itself. But after clearing the mountain strip completely, i can now place the tunnel with a little more accuracy, moving it about the width of a road.
    ozyZqyAl.jpg
    I removed the original tunnel and now have a two lane causeway to SH!

Its so beautiful.
    We must dance a merry jig on the boons this amazing glitch has blessed us with.
    8e5967a1e00e7e36ac2f805f2cfce4bc.gif

Ooh! Pretty! Can you eat it? D'oh!
  • PeterJamesFoote5
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    After I got a long strip of the mountains removed, I just put water there... in case the patch is "hungry" and decides to eat anything in that area. :mrgreen:

The patch might consider water more replaceable than say a few cheap brown houses or a line of easily replaceable boy and girl border guard trolls.
  • chrisdirai146
    386 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    After I got a long strip of the mountains removed, I just put water there... in case the patch is "hungry" and decides to eat anything in that area. :mrgreen:

The patch might consider water more replaceable than say a few cheap brown houses or a line of easily replaceable boy and girl border guard trolls.

I put all the 'HAIL ANTS' signs they gave me from the rocket launch prizes... if EA would be so kind to collect them back it would free up some room in my inventory! :D
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016

I put all the 'HAIL ANTS' signs they gave me from the rocket launch prizes... if EA would be so kind to collect them back it would free up some room in my inventory! :D

Or... you could just sell them :P
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    bluntcard wrote:
    1pillform wrote:
    Darn....I wanted to do the removal but I only just now got the first tunnel. It says I competed this weeks task which doesn't make sense....it says I got 4 days left. I am confused about that. Can I still get the second tunnel next week? Or are these tunnels a limited time deal? By the time act 2 happens I am not sure I'll be able to do it in time. Don't they usually do each act as a ingame update? Does the glitch really need both tunnels???

That's a lot of questions :shock: :D

Each week you complete 5 tasks at the rail yard. If you received the first tunnel, it means you have completed the five tasks for the week. In 4 days the tasks will renew. Next week the tasks will be earning you tracks and then a donut bonus on the last task. I think this goes on for three weeks until you get to week five when you are rewarded with another tunnel.

Yes the glitch needs both tunnels.
    Oh okay thank you! Just hope I can do it before they patch it. X3
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Have they fixed this yet? Because if not, I'm about to get my second tunnel :D
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So...I got my tunnel. But I'm not sure how to do it? :oops:
  • shanemadrid
    324 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm still on the fence about trying this in case I lose anything. Any update as to whether this will be patched or left as it is?
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm still on the fence about trying this in case I lose anything. Any update as to whether this will be patched or left as it is?

Me too. I don't know if it's safe to do it. Will EA even bother patching it though? I would just love to get rid of all the mountains and get some extra space!
  • cinthiafer260
    591 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Same! I would love more land, and I've seen this for some of my neighbors BUT.... I don't want to get my hopes up lol. I'm still hoping they'll release more SH land so I can transfer some items over :):):)

• anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So now that this is patched, I'm curious - what happened to all the stuff that you all put on the mountain range land?
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • ohboymb
    32 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I used the glitch to replace most of my mountains with water just to see what would happen, and it wasn't reverted back to mountains after the update.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    anaquarind wrote:
    So now that this is patched, I'm curious - what happened to all the stuff that you all put on the mountain range land?
    I still have a cleared patch with no mountains.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    graywolfii wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:
    I still have a cleared patch with no mountains.

Ditto.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I knew I should've done this before it was patched. I was too scared something bad would happen and my game would be corrupted, but I guess EA realised this and therefore didn't add the mountains back to everyone who exploited this.

Can you still add your mountains back? Or has nobody tried? :P
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    I knew I should've done this before it was patched. I was too scared something bad would happen and my game would be corrupted, but I guess EA realised this and therefore didn't add the mountains back to everyone who exploited this.

Can you still add your mountains back? Or has nobody tried? :P
    I'll try now. I only removed mountains from my B town. Stay tuned...

When you move/store the Monorail tunnel, the mountains re-appear. You can't put the tunnel down on top of anything you may have dumped in the empty space.
  • forgottenl33
    74 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't know if it's because of this but I can't see the characters, money or event currency. It's all black boxes

It's back to normal. Closed the game and cleared cache
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!