EA Forums - Banner

Maybe it's not a mistake

Replies

• kxtr
    112 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Many thanks to those members who were so kind to send me a PM.
    I don't any more information :-)
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Has anybody considered maybe the "secret" might not be a mistake, but rather an Easter egg?

If it’s an egg, it strikes me as a badly programmed one. Anything’s possible, but it seems more like a bug to me. If they patch it, I guess we’ll know for sure.

EA has had 2 days to "fix" it. The quickest and fastest way to fix this would be to change the code on the server side. Instead of giving you x items, change that value of x to 0. Minimal code change, no need to do QA testing, everything still works like before. Done, problem solved.
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    josebot533 wrote:
    I have tons of neighbors who have big Ben but "it" only works for two of them. I'm not even sure if I'm helping them.

Um...it doesn't benefit them? It only benefits you :P

What I meant was I don't know if my big Ben is helping out my neighbors. I have tons of neighbors who have big Ben but "it" only flashes in 2 of the 50 towns who got it. Now let's say 1 of the 2 go "flashing" I'm unsure if my big Ben is flashing or sitting idly.
  • chris99000
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    EVERYBODY THAT HAS GIVEN AWAY TOO MUCH INFO IN THIS THREAD PLEASE EDIT YOUR POSTS TO MAKE THEM AMBIGUOUS! DON’T MENTION ANY SPECIFICS!

Also, stop bumping as I have done just now. :-)
  • 0blique
    62 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    There's absolutely no chance that this is intentional, it doesn't fit with anything else they've done in the game. Many of you guys have played this game for a while, you know what real easter eggs would look like. To me this is clearly a bug. The issue is now how long it will take them to fix it.

It's a bit disappointing too see people talk about it openly. What is the point of discussing it? Why not wait until after the event is over or after they fix it before discussing it? That being said, I'm pretty sure EA could have a look at server logs to figure out what people are doing even if everyone kept quiet about it, so it may be that they already know about it.
  • RobotDevil69
    55 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Agreed. Nothing from my neighbours who have Big Digi Ben. Robots as normal.

Add me as a neighbor, and you can see it work.

May I add you as a neighbor? None of my current neighbors are in the loop.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Agreed. Nothing from my neighbours who have Big Digi Ben. Robots as normal.

Add me as a neighbor, and you can see it work.

May I add you as a neighbor? None of my current neighbors are in the loop.

Sure, go ahead, I still have some neighbor slots open.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    josebot533 wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:
    josebot533 wrote:
    I have tons of neighbors who have big Ben but "it" only works for two of them. I'm not even sure if I'm helping them.

What I meant was I don't know if my big Ben is helping out my neighbors. I have tons of neighbors who have big Ben but "it" only flashes in 2 of the 50 towns who got it. Now let's say 1 of the 2 go "flashing" I'm unsure if my big Ben is flashing or sitting idly.

Just don't tap it. :)
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Has anybody considered maybe the "secret" might not be a mistake, but rather an Easter egg?

If it’s an egg, it strikes me as a badly programmed one. Anything’s possible, but it seems more like a bug to me. If they patch it, I guess we’ll know for sure.

EA has had 2 days to "fix" it. The quickest and fastest way to fix this would be to change the code on the server side. Instead of giving you x items, change that value of x to 0. Minimal code change, no need to do QA testing, everything still works like before. Done, problem solved.

Can you please just delete your original post? :-)
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    i feel so left out. why you guys got to be so exclusionary and clique
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Can a moderater plrase clear posts that direct towards it, if they fix this it makes it way harder
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    josebot533 wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:
    josebot533 wrote:

Just don't tap it. :)

Awww. Si si. Gracias
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    Can a moderater plrase clear posts that direct towards it, if they fix this it makes it way harder

This. We need a moderator to remove the OP's post since they aren't removing it themselves after we have requested numerous times.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    It's been edited to remove some details.
  • mystery2mi
    2357 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't think they intended for people to finish Act2 12 days early. This would mean that after all of the prizes have been achieved, the bonut round would only be limited to one's own time constraints and how fast their fingers can tap until the end of Act2.

So, Shhhhhhhh!
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    terend2013 wrote:

All you have to do is request a PM in the Act 2 Mystery Thread. 75 pages of people's requests is far from being exclusionary and cliquish.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    It's been edited to remove some details.

It still literally says how to replicate the glitch, which is what EA want to know and what they can now fix. Please, just delete the bit where you describe the glitch :)
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    meinaz wrote:
    terend2013 wrote:

All you have to do is request a PM in the Act 2 Mystery Thread. 75 pages of people's requests is far from being exclusionary and cliquish.

I agree.

And aside from that enough detail from this thread is being spilled that anyone reading it would probably be able to figure it out. What gaps were missing from the OP have been filled in by subsequent posts.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    mystery2mi wrote:
    I don't think they intended for people to finish Act2 12 days early. This would mean that after all of the prizes have been achieved, the bonut round would only be limited to one's own time constraints and how fast their fingers can tap until the end of Act2.

So, Shhhhhhhh!

The sequence of events for the so called glitch seem like it was explicitly coded to behave the way it does, which makes me think it was an Easter egg, rather than a glitch. This could be a case of brilliant idea, terrible execution. The prizes, like it's name implies, are prizes, EA wants you to get them.

Bad software engineers exist, like in any other occupation. Just look at the Superheros 2 event, where a 10 pack of bandages was more than twice the price of (2) 5 packs.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    anaquarind wrote:
    meinaz wrote:
    terend2013 wrote:

I agree.

And aside from that enough detail from this thread is being spilled that anyone reading it would probably be able to figure it out. What gaps were missing from the OP have been filled in by subsequent posts.

I'd be surprised if anybody didn't know how to do it after reading this thread honestly. :roll:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!