EA Forums - Banner

Maybe it's not a mistake

Replies

• brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ea cant read pm. Pms are not readable not even for admins unless they read the phpbb and that still violates privacy. They do read the forum and also remember they can create accounts and ask for pm as a user and get the info

Very true! !
    I notice from former fight clubs there was a fix the same day I spread the knowhow true PM on my neighbors.
    Now I did not spread and still no fix also with the mountain move knowhow.

So between my neighbors there is a EA guy/ girl I think.

**** still very happy with the cyberattack fix !!!
    Woohooo! 8)
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks OP for the second edit to the first post. Your question is legitimate (ie. is the glitch an easter egg), but the level of detail wasn't specifically needed to pose that question, so thanks for that editing. Now if we could just get subsequent posters to modify their posts....

But I have to agree with most, I can't see how this could possibly be a feature/egg. It essentially defeats the purpose of this entire Act.

Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • matseym
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:
    meinaz wrote:
    terend2013 wrote:
    i feel so left out. why you guys got to be so exclusionary and clique

All you have to do is request a PM in the Act 2 Mystery Thread. 75 pages of people's requests is far from being exclusionary and cliquish.

I agree.

And aside from that enough detail from this thread is being spilled that anyone reading it would probably be able to figure it out. What gaps were missing from the OP have been filled in by subsequent posts.

I'd be surprised if anybody didn't know how to do it after reading this thread honestly. :roll:

Some people just have to ruin it for others... :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    There's realistically a 0.01% chance that EA didn't know about this issue/glitch well before this thread was created. I mean, a nearly 80 page thread of people requesting PMs...I'm sure that caught their notice.

There's no question this glitch makes it easier to finish this Act, by a lot. But to truly reap big rewards, you have to have a tremendous tolerance for tedium. Huge help for the event, but only the true masochists among us will turn this into a giant payoff.
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    terend2013 wrote:
    i feel so left out. why you guys got to be so exclusionary and clique

For all those who feel left out and excluded...How hard is it to request or send a PM. The regulars here spend a lot of time helping people with issues, many of us by direct PM to not clog up threads. To start posting details and whines works directly against the community here. Its not that you are excluded, but that you are excluding yourself. Every person who directly PMd me was responded to.
    To start threads that are pure boasts or attempts to put out detail, such as a number of other threads have, offends our sense of community. Its not that people are being excluded. Discussions are great and part of what makes this forum fun to be on.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    MabdulD wrote:
    There's realistically a 0.01% chance that EA didn't know about this issue/glitch well before this thread was created. I mean, a nearly 80 page thread of people requesting PMs...I'm sure that caught their notice.

There's no question this glitch makes it easier to finish this Act, by a lot. But to truly reap big rewards, you have to have a tremendous tolerance for tedium. Huge help for the event, but only the true masochists among us will turn this into a giant payoff.

Yep, already got all the stuff and I'm now raking in the bonuts. 8)
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    whats the secret? will it make 1000 donuts? :?

can someone please let me know? :D
  • Alexxandria1002
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    Can a moderater plrase clear posts that direct towards it, if they fix this it makes it way harder

At least we know who not to give a PM to the next time a mystery thread comes up. Quick, someone make a list of all those who spilled details :lol:
  • philX3X
    102 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I wouldn't mind receiving the PM out of sheer curiosity.
    Act1 was the first time in my 4 years playing this game that I had to rush a final task because I couldn't reach the goal in time (despite already purchasing some of the premium items)

edit:
    Thank you all for the PMs
  • TAC3101
    13 posts
    edited September 2016
    Can someone pm me a person that I can do this with? I don't think I can use any of my neighbors.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    MabdulD wrote:

You give new meaning to the term "do one thing" lol
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:
    MabdulD wrote:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAavAAAAJDE2ZWQ1Mzc0LTQ3MDctNDIzNS04YTUwLTA3ZjM3MGFmMzFiYg.jpg
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    With the patch, it is confirmed.

This was a mistake.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • 168seanang168
    41 posts
    edited September 2016
    I don't even know why this post exists. It serves no purpose but to gain attention. I bet it is posted after the advantage has been fully used.
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    "Maybe it's not a mistake."

*reveals all details on how to replicate the glitch*

Mistake fixed.
  • Ratbag72
    172 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Fight Club was a bit of a miss for me, early on asked for a PM, nothing, then I PM'd a few that said it was working for them (and were online) and got no reply. Eventually just by reading the thread I pieced together exactly what you had to do and this was within the first 6 pages so if I could figure it out then EA could too.

In the end I did get a PM reply from one person and I forwarded it to 5 others that were asking, figured I'd pay it forward.
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm almost at the kwik e mart because i was doing this and had to go out which is a shame, but i have made the act much more relaxing i guess
  • 4junk3000
    5349 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Echo0006 wrote:

Mistake fixed.

Wow.

I go offline for an hour and someone crashes the party, and then the authorities show up. Party's over.

If this WERE FightClub, we'd all want a round with you NEXT, OP.. :roll:
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Echo0006 wrote:

Mistake fixed.

Wow.

I go offline for an hour and someone crashes the party, and then the authorities show up. Party's over.

If this WERE FightClub, we'd all want a round with you NEXT, OP.. :roll:

Admittedly, I did talk openly about the amount of currency I had, but I did NOT ever talk about how to replicate the glitch or how to get it, only in PMs. And I even edited messages that included what people had quoted.

Unfortunately, the OP had how to do the glitch up on this thread for at least 4 hours before finally removing it all, after we requested numerous times. So, there you have it!

Oh well, just laugh and move on. Be happy that it happened, not that it's over. 8)
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ratbag72 wrote:
    Fight Club was a bit of a miss for me, early on asked for a PM, nothing, then I PM'd a few that said it was working for them (and were online) and got no reply. Eventually just by reading the thread I pieced together exactly what you had to do and this was within the first 6 pages so if I could figure it out then EA could too.

In the end I did get a PM reply from one person and I forwarded it to 5 others that were asking, figured I'd pay it forward.

The problem with asking on the thread was that it moved so fast at times. With the CAPTCHA, there was no way to do mass broadcasts at once to everybody that wanted a PM, so some people were missed along the way.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!