EA Forums - Banner

PA Reminder: don't finish "Snacks to the Future Pt.10"!!

Prev1
Linkwick wrote:
Aside from all the "Public vs PMs" debate, a reminder to all to remember the Xmas 2013 & the gift card scenario.

Don't complete all of "Snacks to the Future Pt.10", as Homer has a 2hr task as well as Hawking with an 8hr one. Tasks stay available until all of that quest instalment is complete, so you can repeat the quest tasks as you like after the first time.

That will definitely help with getting prizes.

This is not a glitch and is quite helpful so I wouldn't see any problem posting publically.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Now I just have to figure out if I'm too late

Replies

• Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    AirurandoP wrote:
    This is not a glitch and is quite helpful so I wouldn't see any problem posting publically.
    Never said it was a glitch. :)
    But it is handy for those struggling to get Chronons - same as that other (actual) glitch.
  • AirurandoP
    858 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Linkwick wrote:
    AirurandoP wrote:
    Never said it was a glitch. :)
    But it is handy for those struggling to get Chronons - same as that other (actual) glitch.

Just meant that there is no reason it should cause controversy and no reason to keep the info secret

I'm only on task 7 so far so was a welcome timely reminder
  • 4junk3000
    5631 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for sharing this tip. I appreciate it. Now to see if I'm too late as well. I never pay attention to the subtitles of the tasks! Pt 10???? Huh? Lol

Ok I just checked, I'm on part 9 of SMACKS to the future. Same task line? It's next?

Yay just in time! Thanks so much
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • baksinengl89
    903 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Nice advice, I will definitely do that when I get to part 10 of this questlines.

I am up to part 8 so far, I gotta wait for Evil Homer to finish his current job at the PolyVac before I can complete part 8.
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So are you having Hawking not complete this task and just sending Homer to the brown house over and over? Is that 33 or 66 every two hours?

The alternate Homers would make the same amount anyhow.

• Ratbag72
    172 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I had a great task for the Steel Mill where if I didn't complete the 12hr task for Rosco, I could send 90% of my town on a PREMIUM 4hr task. Was really great until I did a "send all" on a 12hr task overnight and Rosco completed his that way :cry:

Can't think of any other tasks like this but if there are some it would be great to know, maybe we make a thread about these?
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ratbag72 wrote:
    I had a great task for the Steel Mill where if I didn't complete the 12hr task for Rosco, I could send 90% of my town on a PREMIUM 4hr task. Was really great until I did a "send all" on a 12hr task overnight and Rosco completed his that way :cry:

Can't think of any other tasks like this but if there are some it would be great to know, maybe we make a thread about these?

Too late this was patched up back during the Wild West Event, any quests that are still doable are need to know, but are still well known (hint all premium) others were event based so cant be done.

However i had compiled a list of these quest as well as time, location groups of characters that could do em and payout.... then EA patched it up.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So are you having Hawking not complete this task and just sending Homer to the brown house over and over? Is that 33 or 66 every two hours?

The alternate Homers would make the same amount anyhow.
    Yeah, the AHs make the same amount. But Homer has 33curr/2hrs, & Hawking 33curr/8hrs which are extra.
    Basically over a full day you'd possibly get in 8x Homer tasks (264 extra) + 2x Hawking tasks (66 extra).

I did panic a little earlier - assigned all AHs from PolyVac & forgot about this, so cancelled Hawking's 8hr task. But it looks like if you assign AH tasks from the PolyVac, they're all the "normal" task, not the "quest" tasks.
  • adruralo
    3290 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Just saw this tip, but alas just completed it.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 13 Blue.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I finished the questline a while ago, apparently. Can't be sad, and I'm sure you know why. I didn't know it was called "Snacks to the Future", so thanks for informing me of that, at least. lol

(Snacks? What snacks?)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I also wanted to do so, but after all you have only Hawking's 33 extra.

If we take 8-hour period we have:
    - Homer relax in BH - 33 every 2 hours - 33x4=132
    - AHs Fight Robots - 33 every 8 hours - 33*4=132
    - Evil Homer Scheme - 33 every 4 hours - 33*2=66
    Total for the repeatable jobs - 330
    - Hawking Rocket around - 33 every 8 hours - which gives you 33 once because you do it only once to complete the whole quest.

And if we just do normal PolyVac 4-hours jobs with 5 AHs (which we can do after finishing the quest line) we would have 33*5*2=330.

Am I wrong at some point? Because if yes I still have 7 hours to cancel Hawking's assignment. :)
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ratbag72 wrote:

Oh, yeah, this is a great deal. Still have it and the only thing I want is to have the same for 8 and 12 hours jobs. :mrgreen:
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Finished the questline when I woke up :(
  • asiafinest
    126 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the tip! I reached part 10 today and was glad i saw this 1st. So i should keep sending homer and hawkin to do their tasks wgile sending the AHs to their tasks at polyvac which is only 4 hours for the same amount while not completing the part 10.

At what point do i finish the tasks? Day before act 2 ends?
  • Echo0006
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    asiafinest wrote:
    Thanks for the tip! I reached part 10 today and was glad i saw this 1st. So i should keep sending homer and hawkin to do their tasks wgile sending the AHs to their tasks at polyvac which is only 4 hours for the same amount while not completing the part 10.

At what point do i finish the tasks? Day before act 2 ends?

Finish them so you finish part 10 when Act 3 starts to save the most time. The Act 3 questline will start when you finish the Act 2 one. :D

Or just finish it when they patch this. Can't see it not being patched within 12 days...previous loopholes like this have been before.
  • 4junk3000
    5631 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    There's no reason to patch this.

It's a multi part quest, and it's completely active until you complete all parts. This is pretty typical, but multi parts are uncommon so that may be why this seems special.

I remember many past events where i thought to myself, "gee, wish i hadn't completed every part so i could repeat this over and over to get caught up.

SO I REALLY APPRECIATE THE OP MAKING THIS THREAD. THANK YOU AGAIN!!

it's THESE kinds of threads that i wish the front page of GD were filled with, instead of the nonsense blather we usually get. Tips to help each other, not just blog posts about someone's feelings that day. Ugh.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I think the same strategy applies to Mooch Bart's The Mooch Who Knew too Much Part 6. Don't do Bart's task. That way Mooch Bart is earning event currency every 8 hrs, rather than actually mooching 8)
  • 4junk3000
    5631 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    I think the same strategy applies to Mooch Bart's The Mooch Who Knew too Much Part 6. Don't do Bart's task. That way Mooch Bart is earning event currency every 8 hrs, rather than actually mooching 8)

Really? Argh, i could have used that!

Is THIS in the tip thread? These are the things we need to know and share!

Hopefully those lagging behind will see this and use it too. Catch up, peeps!
  • 2014noname
    41 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the Smacks tip. I was on part 10 when I saw this and quickly stored Hawkings to stop his job and then put him on a different one. Homer has a new home for a while (and its brown). Been playing the game for two years but am a newbie on the forum. So happy I found y'all!
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Good tip! Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.