EA Forums - Banner

WARNING: You Are About To Be Removed

I haven't been able to connect to my town for almost two days, since shortly after downloading the update. I would LOVE to be able to collect my valentines and send valentines, but I can't. And honestly, having all my friends delete me in the meantime is a serious concern.

Replies

• gchelf01
    239 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I sent u a friend request earlier ppl seem to be able to get in mine
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    plzkilllme wrote:
    I haven't been able to connect to my town for almost two days, since shortly after downloading the update. I would LOVE to be able to collect my valentines and send valentines, but I can't. And honestly, having all my friends delete me in the meantime is a serious concern.
    We aren't TSTO friends (unless you have a different name in the game), but I can understand why this would be frustrating. If any of my friends are having similar issues, please reply here or PM me and let me know.

There is a big difference between choosing not to play often enough and not being able to play. :)
  • plzkilllme
    16 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have a different name in the game, but no, we are not friends. I'm just saying, you might want to wait until this Level 26 nonsense is cleared up for everyone before you delete people, as they may be innocent victims of EA's incompetence.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    This is a public service announcement to my neighbors:

If I can get into your town, but cannot send Valentines, you are about to be removed to make room for more better neighbors.

I have no less than 25 friends who I have been able to access for nearly a full day, yet have been unable to find valentines to tap in over 10 visits. Either you need to complete the initial valentines storyline, send at least one character on a task (since it has been proven that all do not have to be on tasks to send them valentines), or you need to collect the cards that have already been left for you.

Most likely it is the latter, and you simply need to visit your town more often. There are around 30 characters to send valentines to, and each friend sends 3. So you have to collect after every 10 friends visit you. If you have 100 friends, and all of them visit you every day, then you need to collect at least 10x per day.

Clearly many of you have more friends than you have time to be fair to, so I will help you out by removing myself from your friends list at the end of the day today.

We were supposed to give warnings?
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    plzkilllme wrote:
    I have a different name in the game, but no, we are not friends. I'm just saying, you might want to wait until this Level 26 nonsense is cleared up for everyone before you delete people, as they may be innocent victims of EA's incompetence.
    Not sure if this is true for all, but it still shows Level 26 on the friend selection screen for some of my friends:

image.jpg
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    Not sure if this is true for all, but it still shows Level 26 on the friend selection screen for some of my friends:

Ooh, ooh, go there! I want to go into the fuuuuuuuuuuuture......
  • plzkilllme
    16 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:

No you don't! I'm living in the future and it's a terrible place where you are locked out of the game for days on end. There are no hoverboards and you have to lace up your own Nikes too.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited February 2013
    plzkilllme wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:

No you don't! I'm living in the future and it's a terrible place where you are locked out of the game for days on end. There are no hoverboards and you have to lace up your own Nikes too.

Aww man. No hoverboards?!?

You just need to find a sweet looking silver Delorean and all your problems will be solved.

• dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    plzkilllme wrote:
    Roads? Where we're going [the Simpsons characters] don't need roads!
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    gchelf01 wrote:
    I sent u a friend request earlier ppl seem to be able to get in mine
    Got in no problem... thanks! :)
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    We were supposed to give warnings?
    Ha... Just saw this. You're evil! :mrgreen:
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    I can get into your town, dcline414... but every time I visit there is nothing for me to tap. So... perhaps you are the problem. Just sayin' ;)
    Are you serious??? :shock: I just collected at least one valentine that you left in my town.

I have visited every half hour to collect cards (never was more than six) and my characters have been 100% busy all day. Something doesn't add up here... :?
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited February 2013
    Ah, Spiff.... Let him live with the illusion of all the jilted.

By now, everyone should know that "its not you, its me" is really code for "hoo boy, its you."
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

It's not you, it's Mike.

C'mon on now. Why would anyone want to ditch me? I'm such a good dresser and dancer.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    Are you serious??? :shock: I just collected at least one valentine that you left in my town.
    Oh, well, what do you know? I did get into dclineville! But in my defense, it was on my most recent swoop... just an hour and a half ago which means that I tried repeatedly since 4am this morning. Glad to see things are working out now.
    I haven't had any characters free at all (or finished with their task and waiting to be tapped) for more than 10 minutes since I got my first valentines around this time yesterday. And I have collected after every 1-2 people visited my town and left valentines.

This makes me wonder if just having all characters busy and keeping valentines collected is NOT enough to make cards available to your neighbors.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    Oh, well, what do you know? I did get into dclineville! But in my defense, it was on my most recent swoop... just an hour and a half ago which means that I tried repeatedly since 4am this morning. Glad to see things are working out now.
    I haven't had any characters free at all (or finished with their task and waiting to be tapped) for more than 10 minutes since I got my first valentines around this time yesterday. And I have collected after every 1-2 people visited my town and left valentines.

This makes me wonder if just having all characters busy and keeping valentines collected is NOT enough to make cards available to your neighbors.

Can't say. I've got 6 hours before your town can be visited.
  • Dahl_Lin
    151 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    This is a public service announcement to my neighbors:

If I can get into your town, but cannot send Valentines, you are about to be removed to make room for more better neighbors.

Ooo can I be one of your more better neighbors. =)

I just wiped a bunch of mine that I still couldn't access or the My Friend list showed them not having been on for over a day. Does me no good if they didn't get the update.
  • honest_abraham
    76 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I'm sure many people are being removed and added over the past 2 days
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow. That took 1 day.
    Chill daddy o. Not worth punting people :mrgreen:
    Is there anyone out there?
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have a few spots open if you want to add me. I'm on pretty frequently whenever I'm home.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.