EA Forums - Banner

How much money do you keep in reserve?

Replies

• gaudio1989
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    20mill for new land or buildings but now i noticed we dont have to spend a million on a new building every level they ad monthly, now that we have a ton of levels to grind thru for 1 doughnut so i wont complain.. lets me save more money.
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    kem farming isn't worth it after a while. It totally absolutely burns me out. Maybe I was doing it in a large scale but the amount of time to click on each one and wait for the donut box to appear took really too much time. I used to do few hundred kems at a time twice a day, burnt me out after a week. I have an ok multiplier and a house farm. The need for donuts isn't that great if I just want the buildings with characters (just 1-2 each event). I now take my time just collecting my farm and enjoy my game. If I need I buy huge items with great xp to get the donuts I need. Money reserves climb up nicely too. I always keep over 10 millions just in case they release land. Unless you do this in small scale, which won't help too much anyway, kem farming is too much of a chore. I do get over a hundred donuts at a time but makes me want to delete the game. So enjoy it, don't kem farm too much, and have fun. Yes I tried kem farm but I bought boatloads too. Kem farm isn't efficient or doable over the long haul so I'm not worried about EA losing money at all. I will still spend money if I need a huge amount of donuts, and I'm pretty sure many new and older players will spend too. As long as they continue to make the game fun for us with new contents and events, they will make a lot more real money from us players. Tbh a new player reading all these info trying to get a kem farm going with a good multiplier, probably already bought a boatload to give it a kickstart. So just enjoy it. It isn't the end of the game. There is still so much money to milk from us. They just need to figure out a few more fun donut dumps and mechanics that probably should make us use donuts to get donuts (like the boxes). Anyway I like the event. Hope they keep it up. And of course I missed the fc again. Please add me Into the list if there is one. Would really appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes I tried kem farm but I bought boatloads too. Kem farm isn't efficient or doable over the long haul

Then your simply not doing it right.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I'd love to know the strategy of a purely freemium player that has over a 300% conformity bonus.
    House farming, KEM farming (for longer than it was a forum thing), glitch exploiting, Mystery Box buying.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • Pokelon
    439 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I also thought, what Donuts for game money? :lol:
    A pity to find out it was just about farming.
    I'm too lazy to farm. 8)
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Pokelon wrote:
    I also thought, what Donuts for game money? :lol:
    A pity to find out it was just about farming.
    I'm too lazy to farm. 8)
    me too
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • asiafinest
    126 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    bluntcard wrote:

Doe's anyone have KEM guilt?
    I mean aren't we contributing to the end of this game by not contributing financially?
    Yes, I know many have contributed a lot of money at one time, but there really isn't any good reason except laziness to have to pay for donuts.

Is this game still making any money?
    I know EA introduced the XP multiplier, but maybe it was a mistake, maybe it's being exploited, maybe we are digging our own graves.

I don't feel guilty. EA can easy end any farming by lowering the xp given out or jacking up the cost of each additional item placed a lot more than what it is now. Or make collider cost more. I do think that EA will end up making it harder to farm in the future
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    KEM farming sounds like hell on earth :shock:
    the game has enough grinding as it is with the events, and Springfield Heights
    respect to anyone who can go through this torture...i really believe that EA allows it to happen purely out of pity to anyone who can do it
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Kem farm isn't efficient. And I still maintain my opinion. I have over 4k% multiplier. And a house farm. I used to build few hundred kems at a time (you can't do 20 but I feel that's a waste of time). It takes almost one hour for me to click the check mark and wait for the donut boxes. I already only choose again if there is one donut (saves 50% of time) but it's still a chore. Yes I get >100 donuts at a time but it's worse than before the irs came and I used to click one building at a time. Maybe in your opinion I'm not doing it right and maybe you have a better kem strategy that's different from mine. But it isn't worthwhile on the long run, unless the process can be sped up. An ok multiplier and a good farm (not that hard with 20-30 we earn at each event) would sustain a steady donut income that would be much more time efficient. This is only my opinion anyway. I feel we should still enjoy it as a game, than trying to kem farm which makes it a chore. Most players on my friend list with a nice build and obviously good multiplier would try a little kem farm then mostly either give up or keep at a minimal scale. Not sure if they feel the same way as I do. I survived a completed SH but kem farming is still too much a boredom. Maybe you can share your different kem strategy that makes it more efficient and fun. Or maybe my device is too slow. Anyone else finding the collecting from built kem and waiting for boxes part taking too much time?
  • bluntcard
    3742 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Kem farm isn't efficient. And I still maintain my opinion. I have over 4k% multiplier. And a house farm. I used to build few hundred kems at a time (you can't do 20 but I feel that's a waste of time). It takes almost one hour for me to click the check mark and wait for the donut boxes. I already only choose again if there is one donut (saves 50% of time) but it's still a chore. Yes I get >100 donuts at a time but it's worse than before the irs came and I used to click one building at a time. Maybe in your opinion I'm not doing it right and maybe you have a better kem strategy that's different from mine. But it isn't worthwhile on the long run, unless the process can be sped up. An ok multiplier and a good farm (not that hard with 20-30 we earn at each event) would sustain a steady donut income that would be much more time efficient. This is only my opinion anyway. I feel we should still enjoy it as a game, than trying to kem farm which makes it a chore. Most players on my friend list with a nice build and obviously good multiplier would try a little kem farm then mostly either give up or keep at a minimal scale. Not sure if they feel the same way as I do. I survived a completed SH but kem farming is still too much a boredom. Maybe you can share your different kem strategy that makes it more efficient and fun. Or maybe my device is too slow. Anyone else finding the collecting from built kem and waiting for boxes part taking too much time?

4k% multiplier, and having poor results? Yeah, you're doing something wrong.
    You should easily have made more donuts than you could use.

Do you have the XP multiplier?

Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Kem farm isn't efficient. And I still maintain my opinion.

The reason I responded to your comment is it a bit disingenuous to imply KEM farming is not efficient. It is extremely efficient until you achieve a very high multiplier.

The fact that I no longer KEM farm is validation of your general point. Once you have a high multiplier there are better ways to farm. BUT to give the general impression of KEM farming being inefficient is very unfair and will only lead to you confusing players who do not understand your point clearly.

For anyone interested there is a glass ceiling for donut farming and it is in the region of 1200 donuts per hour. The limiting factor here simply how many Bonut games can you play in one hour. Once you hit this maximum any additional bonuses just lead to cheaper donuts not more donuts.
  • punk24rawk
    9 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    i've seen some posts about money exchange into donuts - what do you mean by that? extra chances on donut boxes and new level donuts or is there any way to save up lots of cash and turn it into donuts?
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited September 2016
    I just passed the $100 million mark and don't see a need for more as EA is slow on granting us land.

I hit the 100 million mark about a week ago. I bought some land and for my first KEM farming at the same time. Now, I am currently sitting around 71 million dollars. I made over than three hundred fifty donuts and I still have a couple more days with XP multiplier. I could have more donuts but I didn't tapped for a whole day on Thursday.

The four hour sequence of the KEM farming with the current event makes it pretty easy to manufacture donuts.
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited September 2016
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    I'd love to know the strategy of a purely freemium player that has over a 300% conformity bonus.
    House farming, KEM farming (for longer than it was a forum thing), glitch exploiting, Mystery Box buying.

Most of my conformity bonus are from wailing walls, tennis courts, and the Springfield Height Buildings. I have over max 10 unique Springfield Height Buildings. Also, the numerous amount of News vans from mystery boxes gives me a big boost.
    I only bought donuts when the two premium buildings and some donuts were offered for 7.99. My conformity bonus is around 480%. I think this is about average, yet there some players in thousands percent by buying donuts or KEM farming.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Kem farm isn't efficient. I have over 4k% multiplier.

Yeah. What you're doing feels like torture mostly because you're torturing yourself. Your situation is like if a lottery winner decided he still wanted to play the stock market and make risky investments. Why do that? You've already got the pile of cash that stock investors are trying to get. You've won the game with your 4,000% already. No need to gamble or toil at that point. Just get the XP collider and let the donuts pile up easily and automatically as you collect rents normally.
    chrisgyo wrote:
    KEM farming sounds like hell on earth :shock:
    I don't know what to say, man. I go with small batches that take 30 seconds to plant and 2 minutes to collect and sell. Training to be an olympic swimmer sounds like hell to me, but that big goofy Michael Phelps probably doesn't see it that way. He's got that strange extra level of zeal for winning gold (his version of donuts). So you won't hear me complaining. It's part of the game now, or, to quote EA, "It's in the game."
    punk24rawk wrote:
    i've seen some posts about money exchange into donuts - what do you mean by that?
    re: the confusion about "turning cash into donuts":
    Donut farming is like any business---it requires money to start it up and keep it running. But your separate farming efforts are what turns out the donuts. It's not like you're directly tapping cash with a magic wand and donuts appear out of the poof of smoke. The KEM's themselves are your magical poof of XP & donuts.
    65Malibu wrote:
    I hit the 100 million mark about a week ago. Now, I am currently sitting around 71 million dollars.
    That's cool if you want big bunches of donuts fast or don't have the patience to farm all the time. But I'd just say that you don't have to lose money on this.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jamesj9371
    101 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    monduboiss937 wrote:
    Kem farm isn't efficient. I have over 4k% multiplier.

I agree. Kem farming after around 3k% is not efficient. Donut churning is much more efficient at that point--it's all about the turbo mode.

On the other hand after 3k% almost nothing is efficient. The double donut is not efficient. House farming is no longer efficient. Sending characters on tasks is no longer efficient. Doing events is no longer efficient(spend donuts to the quests, then spend the time saved getting more donuts).

A maximally efficient high multiplier town has minimal characters, minimal houses, nothing that can be stored except for things with multipliers. The items should have high multipliers, and no animation. Very efficient, but very boring.
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ouch. So I guess being excited that my conformity multiplier is abou to go over 100% is pretty lame huh? :lol:

Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Clearing my KEM farm (usually around 40-50 or so KEMs) and then building a new batch probably takes around 2-3 minutes. I make around 6-9 donuts every 4 hours or so. If 3 minutes every 4 hours or so is too much for you, then don't do it. But it's definitely not anything like hell on earth.

It's WAY more efficient than, say, messing with the railroad tracks, which I no longer bother with.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ouch. So I guess being excited that my conformity multiplier is abou to go over 100% is pretty lame huh? :lol:

Nope ... at the start the Bonus % is even more valuable. If you can push your donuts into Mystery boxes and you will see your % grow.

Dont forget the 153% hidden bonus for Springfiield Heights buildings.
  • 168seanang168
    41 posts
    edited September 2016
    Kem farm isn't efficient. And I still maintain my opinion
    . I don't really get what you want to say. Seemed to tell players that KEM is pointless even with a high multiplier like you have. This seemed to be very bleak.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!