EA Forums - Banner

UPDATED - Q. When should I stop purchasing Bonuts boxes? A. Depends on your Bonus %

Prev1
nice maths :shock:
still no idea when i should stop buying the boxes though :lol:

Replies

• Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    nice maths :shock:
    still no idea when i should stop buying the boxes though :lol:

Whats your Bonus % ??

Concentrate on the final Box
  • MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This is helpful. I'm around 500% and knew I was getting close to the point where I should stop buying if I hit two donuts, but now I know exactly how close I am.

My new thing is to buy mystery boxes every day until I hit one that gives me either a billboard or a news van. So I should go up at least 1.5% (on average) per day. My gradual climb towards game domination.
  • AAArnie
    65 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Always enjoy your threads. Thank you for sharing.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    this feels like when I took algebra II four times (which is 2 to the 2nd power).

so.... huh? is the final results box telling people what Multiplier Bonus they should be at when it's time to stop buying bonut boxes or something?
  • 168seanang168
    41 posts
    edited September 2016
    The last two columns showing percentages, what is that and how could I use it?
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I followed the first section okay, but then skimmed to the end. The table is not clear enough. I assume something like what my conform-o-meter percentage is and if I buy KEM or blood mobile....after that I'm not sure what the conclusIon is.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • dustandair
    91 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    While this may be technically correct when considering only the money cost of donuts, it doesn't consider other factors like how much money your town generates and how much time you're willing to spend converting money to donuts. My bonus is 835.40% and my town is generating money faster than I am able/willing to convert it to donuts, so it's better for me to spend the extra money on the boxes to guarantee 3 donuts every time in order to maximize the amount of donuts per time spent planting and harvesting Kwik-E-Marts.
  • bluntcard
    3862 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Always buy boxes until you get three donuts. Every time.
    It's in game cash turned into premium currency.
    You can always make more in game cash for free. :D
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I only buy if I get the 1 donut- need 2-3 for my efforts.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Hi ALL .... The way I have laid out the final info is confusing. Im tired now and it is confusing me. So I will go through it and make and update in around 12hrs
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    dustandair wrote:
    While this may be technically correct when considering only the money cost of donuts, it doesn't consider other factors like how much money your town generates and how much time you're willing to spend converting money to donuts. My bonus is 835.40% and my town is generating money faster than I am able/willing to convert it to donuts, so it's better for me to spend the extra money on the boxes to guarantee 3 donuts every time in order to maximize the amount of donuts per time spent planting and harvesting Kwik-E-Marts.

Absolutely there will always be other factors, if your style of play generates a lot of cash then its worth spending that cash "inefficiently" in exchange for donuts. Though reality for most is if you keep buying bloodmobiles you will drain all your cash after a short period.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    bluntcard wrote:

This comment isnt particularly helpful to the discussion, some players have limited cash resources (those with less play time) your style might generate 100 donuts for a player mine might generate 150 donuts.

• MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    bluntcard wrote:

This comment is wrong and misses the entire point of the thread.

It's about maximizing turning your cash into donuts. There will come a point where your multiplier is high enough that spending $50,000 to $100,000 on getting 3 donuts is a suboptimal use of your cash, which could otherwise be used to build more KEMS and get more bonut boxes. Always buy 3 donuts until your multiplier hits 621%. After that you have a little thinking to do. That's what this thread says. I can't speak for the math to be able to say that number is exactly right, but I know for sure there is a number out there where this is true.
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I've got an 1100% without considering the SH buildings (I think 153%)...

Should I stop now?
  • MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    josebot533 wrote:
    I've got an 1100% without considering the SH buildings (I think 153%)...

Should I stop now?

My understanding from the chart is the following:

You definitely shouldn't buy if you hit 2 donuts on the first try.

If you hit one donut, you should only buy one box. You might get lucky and hit 3 donuts, or you might get 2 donuts, but if you get 2 donuts, then you should not buy the final box for 3 donuts. This makes sense because the first box your return is on average 1.5 donuts, whereas the last box is only worth 1 donut.

• jamesj9371
    101 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Remember that there are two different kinds of bonut boxes, and the second kind costs 3 times as much. Currently the Cronon bonut boxes, and maggie boxes are the expensive kind.

I guess that you just divide the final result by three to know what to do in this case?
  • bluntcard
    3862 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    bluntcard wrote:

This comment isnt particularly helpful to the discussion, some players have limited cash resources (those with less play time) your style might generate 100 donuts for a player mine might generate 150 donuts.

sorry
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    When I generate donuts using rat trap trucks, I only buy an extra box if I get 1 donut. At 1 donut, there's a chance to get 3 donuts, but if you already have 2 boxes opened, you can only get 1 extra donut on top of the 2 you will already get. That 50,000 is better spent toward the next rat trap truck.

If you have boatloads of cash, and do not care to be frugal, just keep opening boxes until you get 3 donuts. For those of you that need to build up a house farm, the past 2 events allowed you to craft building with payouts similar to the blue, white, and other colored houses, without having to spend 200,000 for each house.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    bluntcard wrote:

I agree with you although it might not be mathematically correct, I want 3 donuts now. :lol:
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    When I generate donuts using rat trap trucks, I only buy an extra box if I get 1 donut. At 1 donut, there's a chance to get 3 donuts, but if you already have 2 boxes opened, you can only get 1 extra donut on top of the 2 you will already get. That 50,000 is better spent toward the next rat trap truck.

If you have boatloads of cash, and do not care to be frugal, just keep opening boxes until you get 3 donuts. For those of you that need to build up a house farm, the past 2 events allowed you to craft building with payouts similar to the blue, white, and other colored houses, without having to spend 200,000 for each house.

House farms are beast for getting donuts. Mine is 590 whiteys and 60 Wailing Walls. For a total of 3 million a day.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!