EA Forums - Banner

What a crock of $&@$

Prev13
it was a glitch. not intended to be part of the game.

Replies

• H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    It is complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️. They have alienated some of the people who play this game. All the people who do not play regularly and people who don't have many neighbors. They will never be able to afford those items.

WAY TO GO EA! :roll:
  • Nhlman72
    117 posts
    edited February 2013
    I agree, what the hell do they care if we have a ton of money, it doesn't effect their bottom line, especially when donuts are so freaking overpriced
  • tropicana32
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    Nhlman72 wrote:
    I agree, what the hell do they care if we have a ton of money, it doesn't effect their bottom line, especially when donuts are so freaking overpriced
    Doesnt it ruin the fun anyway?
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I think it's a good thing that those things cost so much. It give you something to aim for. Eventually, we will have so many buildings and friends that it won't seem so bad. People were * about how the game was becoming boring.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited February 2013
    Perhaps it's a conspiracy to limit land expansion.

Or maybe it's just really expensive, completely unnecessary, things to purchase.

Three buildings for free (basically), and two buildings, completely unnecessary, cost far beyond what anybody should pay (like the monorail).

If the monorail was cheap then everybody would buy it. But if it were expensive, the only the people of Springfield would spend every cent they have to get it.

Some of you guys don't get humor, right?

Or did it ruin the joke when I explained it to you?

Or do I need to explain the joke again?

• Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    Meh.

I liked knowing the friend bonus was there if I needed it. I never really did need it. Didn't stop me from doing it thrice (ish). Probably netted me around 800k-1mill total and some guilt.

I'm now at 500k and have a ton of work to do. My town has no area for any new builds and the 5x4 land mass that remains to be purchased is the most expensive left in the game.

So 3 mill for the land or there about and 3 mil for those two monstrosities. Sigh I must go tap now.

• Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    It looks like people prefer the friends bonus over the "bonus levels." Can you imagine the activity if we had both? People would go ape crap getting the friends bonus boost so they could keep leveling up for free donuts. I'm guessing these super expensive buildings are a one time thing; they are pretty odd buildings. I'd guess the next buildings will be in the $200,000-$300,000 range and get progressively higher as they previously were.
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited February 2013
    It looks like people prefer the friends bonus over the "bonus levels." Can you imagine the activity if we had both? People would go ape crap getting the friends bonus boost so they could keep leveling up for free donuts. I'm guessing these super expensive buildings are a one time thing; they are pretty odd buildings. I'd guess the next buildings will be in the $200,000-$300,000 range and get progressively higher as they previously were.

Very good point, Simpsons! I prefer the donuts for not levelling up. It´s easy enough to get money without this glitch.
    Besides I never cared for it. *No patience*
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    It's the combination of losing the friend bonus and overpricing the new buildings that annoys me. If they took it away and made the new things normal priced I would have understood - or made the friend bonus legit by having super $$ things and allowing a way for people to accumulate it. I know without the bonus there is no way I would have been over 1mil. - as it is I already regret buying the escalator
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited February 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    It's the combination of losing the friend bonus and overpricing the new buildings that annoys me. If they took it away and made the new things normal priced I would have understood - or made the friend bonus legit by having super $$ things and allowing a way for people to accumulate it. I know without the bonus there is no way I would have been over 1mil. - as it is I already regret buying the escalator

You already regret buying the escalator?

Don't get jokes much?

Why am I pleading for people to understand this?
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I really think the Popsicle Tower is just a money dump. It adds no bonuses, characters don't interact with it. If they were to, I think the results would be along the lines of the laser (without Kang). I love that it just adds to the Vanity rating. It was after all one one of three of Springfield's Greatest Follies.

It's not Limited Time Only, I'm waiting it out.
  • BerwynEd
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Money dumps are good. I have screen shot of people with millions. So why not spend it.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    It is complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️. They have alienated some of the people who play this game. All the people who do not play regularly and people who don't have many neighbors. They will never be able to afford those items.

WAY TO GO EA! :roll:
    That was great!!!

Love it soooo much :)
  • rrpj007
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    shockman85 wrote:
    It's not enough that we play he game; we have to play it the way THEY want?!!!

Fuquing ridiculous. :thumbdown:

Yes, how utterly ridiculous it is that the people who created the game should be able to establish the rules for it.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    rrpj007 wrote:
    shockman85 wrote:
    It's not enough that we play he game; we have to play it the way THEY want?!!!

Fuquing ridiculous. :thumbdown:

Yes, how utterly ridiculous it is that the people who created the game should be able to establish the rules for it.

Well they are sort of changing the rules as they go along
  • bendermac
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    setting everything in my town to 24hrs job, i can get around $55.000 a day. this doesn't include any house farming because i don't house farm. if i use 4 - 8 hr task i can make even more cash.

so saying it cannot be doneor the price is way to high is ❤️❤️❤️❤️. it just takes a little while to get them if you even want them. they only give vanity bonuses and are freaking huge ;)
  • thewillibobs
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    I only started playing just after new year so I didn't get a chance to save up enough Santa coins to get Barney bowlarama - I was hoping there would be something like that to buy with hearts but alas, no! So now I have all these hearts and bugger all to spend them on (after purchasing all the valentines day buildings as stuff)
  • rrpj007
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    Well they are sort of changing the rules as they go along

Not really. The friend glitch was exactly that ... a glitch. The whole point of a game like this is to encourage players to progress gradually or pony up real cash to speed things up. Obviously, they hadn't intended people to amass huge amounts of in-game money through the friends glitch. If they had, they wouldn't have corrected it.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    bendermac wrote:
    setting everything in my town to 24hrs job, i can get around $55.000 a day. this doesn't include any house farming because i don't house farm. if i use 4 - 8 hr task i can make even more cash.

so saying it cannot be doneor the price is way to high is ❤️❤️❤️❤️. it just takes a little while to get them if you even want them. they only give vanity bonuses and are freaking huge ;)

So it would take you over a month if you bought nothing else to save up for the Popsicle skyscraper....
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    So it would take you over a month if you bought nothing else to save up for the Popsicle skyscraper....

I'm going to grow 45 batches of corn to pay for mine. So about 11 years.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!