What Changed With the EA Forum Update? (Update: 10/19)
October 19th (Forum back Patch 6)
- The banner was (finally) updated to the current non-event splashscreen.
- Profiles can now be edited.
- Images can't be added using the forum storage anymore.
- Posts can be edited indefinetly.
- New Senior Mods were removed.
- Login is reenabled.
- Some users were promoted to Senior Mods.
- Forum is back.
- Login is disabled.
- The whole forum got updated to the latest version of the software.
- You can't do lists anymore easily.
- All users have less edit abilities:
- You can't edit a post anymore after one hour.
- All HTML is disabled. (That's bad for my posts with maaaaaany links)
- The body of the text is limited. (Ouch)
- Edit button has been moved to the clog button.
- All old post before the flood (references) are locked thanks to the 1 hour limit.
- Editing profiles is limited.
- Text spacing is weird.
- Some buttons (like text size) were removed while others were grouped.
- Images can be attached directly on forum.
- Signatures are disabled.
- Spam check is disabled.
- Forum notifications ala Facebook has been added.
- Quick edit was removed.
- The Emoticons that starts with a : are easily accessible now by inputing the : in the message area.
- Quick reply is automatically enabled.
- Forum links are different and now also contain the name of the thread, like WordPress' posts.
- Normal users can't create polls.
- Fast replies stays there till posted even if browser is closed.
- The abbreviation st and Mona are no longer censored.
- Clicking on a post takes you to the last message sent instead of opening it.
- Spoilers tag was added.
- New emojis were added.
- #hashtagging was added.
- PMs can no longer be deleted by selecting all, only one on one by opening them.
- Old PMs need to be deleted again, showing only the user being in the conversation.
- A minimum of 5 characters are needed to post something (emojis don't count).
- Giving a reason to the edit of a post is not needed anymore.
- The code for lists was changed so old lists don't work correctly anymore
- PMs can't be titled anymore.
- A badge/achievements system was been added.
- Images are automatically resized to fit the forum area.
Post edited by LPNintendoITA on