EA Forums - Banner

anybody else leaving if EA does not undo the damage they did today?

Prev1
evant13579
645 posts Member
edited October 2016
Been playing for about 2 years now, in similar boat as most: No incentive to tap to make game cash, have plenty of cash and nothing I need that costs cash. No more level updates. Limited land with events forcing us to craft hundreds of items we dont need.

Long story short, only thing keeping me tapping and playing multiple times per day was to earn a few stinking bonuts through XP farming. Earn a premium item every week or two. There were only 2 freemium items this event that you could buy with cash - both old from last year - everything else donuts.

It is not about the money to me, I am an adult with a job. But the point of a game like this is to feel rewarded for your efforts. Being able to earn premium items with some reasonable frequency was that reward to keep tapping. I would not even care if I had to watch an ad every now and then. There is no satisfaction to me to pay $10-20 for a premium item in a cellphone game that may be reaching the end of its life.

Icing on the cake was killing the bonus % on the beach item after selling it for weeks. They new that "error" the day it was released.


Talk about going from super happy and hyped about an event to completely **** off a large percent of dedicated players. Any effort EA has put into this event will be overshadowed by the disappointment and frustration already seen by these changes they thought they could sneak in with the event update.

Replies

  • I, like you, am understandably disappointed with EA about this whole debacle; but I certainly will not leave now. The fact that the hideaways had a 20% multiplier was obviously a mistake in the first place, and they are trying to figure out what to do about it. I say you should give them some more time to figure out how they will react to this situation (clearly, hundreds or even thousands of players are vocally dissatisfied) and then make your decision. For now, however, enjoy the Halloween update (the actual update, not the repercussions that came along with it).
  • I'm gonna quit if they don't fix this android f up soon
  • Why release it if it's not up to standard
    For all to enjoy not just apple users
  • AARONRTD
    1803 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm going to quit








    Reading these threads about how EA ruined your game and owes something.

    While EA tries to fix things and re-fix what they fixed-up, give them time or file a ticket. Or just throw a tantrum and quit the first dang day of the update.
  • No, I'm not going to quit. I guess EA figures if we're getting free donuts, there won't be any financial loss if we leave.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    thejanik3 wrote: »
    I, like you, am understandably disappointed with EA about this whole debacle; but I certainly will not leave now. The fact that the hideaways had a 20% multiplier was obviously a mistake in the first place, and they are trying to figure out what to do about it. I say you should give them some more time to figure out how they will react to this situation (clearly, hundreds or even thousands of players are vocally dissatisfied) and then make your decision. For now, however, enjoy the Halloween update (the actual update, not the repercussions that came along with it).

    For me it is the 1m to 10m XP level up change more than the hideaway issue. The level up change implicates only users who are at level 939, and those are the users who they should be trying to retain, not pulling stunts like this with, at this point in the game.

    My point of bringing up the hideaway issue was that the "mistake" was well known almost immediately after the release. It was sold for weeks without change. I could care less about an extra 75% on multiplier compared to the level up change.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    josebot533 wrote: »
    Why release it if it's not up to standard
    For all to enjoy not just apple users

    @josebot533 I am on android and had no problem getting in once we finally got the update. Sorry you aren't able to. Not sure why some can and others can't
  • AARONRTD wrote: »
    I'm going to quit








    Reading these threads about how EA ruined your game and owes something.

    While EA tries to fix things and re-fix what they fixed-up, give them time or file a ticket. Or just throw a tantrum and quit the first dang day of the update.
    Seems like you already did quit reading, as I did not throw a tantrum or say EA ruined my game or owes my anything. I simply gave my reasons why the changes today, if not changed back, may result in myself and many others to lose interest in continuing to play.
  • I am with the OP

    The main reason for playing was to gain XP. I won't leave, but I most certainly won't play nearly as much.

    Re: the hideaway bonus being an "obvious mistake", I disagree.
    All of the Heights buildings that were freemium came with a hidden bonus multiplier; not as high as the hideaways but they all had multipliers; that's why we all have all those buildings out despite the lack of space.
    When the hideaway came out with the 20% bonus, I figured that was just the same as all the other Sh buildings; that we were going to get a multiplier bonus on those buildings HIGHER than the normal buildings, because these are premium buildings. If you follow that line of thinking, the bonus makes sense. Maybe not 20% but in any case- I expected some sort of multiplier bonus.

    I've been playing for 3 years. Level 939. I can't even start THOH because of this buggy release. Most certainly annoyed.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    josebot533 wrote: »
    Why release it if it's not up to standard
    For all to enjoy not just apple users

    @josebot533 I am on android and had no problem getting in once we finally got the update. Sorry you aren't able to. Not sure why some can and others can't

    I actually just got it. Had to turn off wifi but it came through. Not happy that that techie called me a cheater. Good thing he dropped me from tge conversation because my hatred would've really shown.

    All is good here again
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    No, I'm not going to quit. I guess EA figures if we're getting free donuts, there won't be any financial loss if we leave.
    The change only implicates those who are at level 939. I think if financials were a concern they should put ads in the game, rather than try to squeeze more out of a few whales.
  • alapalme wrote: »
    I am with the OP

    The main reason for playing was to gain XP. I won't leave, but I most certainly won't play nearly as much.
    Exactly, when you devalue XP then you dis-incentivize long terms players from logging in.
  • I won't be leaving the game, I just won't be very likely to spend a single penny on any EA game in the future since this really doesn't look like a mistake to me.

    The Beach Hideaway was intentionally marketed as a 20% boost to Money and XP from day one, if it had been a mistake it would have been caught and corrected long before the end of the event, considering the sheer number of players talking about the great buy it was at 40 Donuts each (a total of 200 Donuts for a boost of 100% to Money and XP for the 5 Beach Hideaways allowed per town). I have serious trouble believing that nobody at EA caught this with all the hype being produced by fans on all sorts of TSTO boards including, I believe, this board.

    I have spent money on donuts for this game to help support EA and have also worked hard to honestly earn donuts in game as well. I put in a lot of effort to get these decorations because of the % bonus being offered, without the offered 20% boost I would NEVER have bought them, and I'd have the Cool Brown House/Homer skin & Classic Lard Lad/Laird Ladd in my town instead.

    Basically, I feel that I have been robbed, I paid for something that was promised as one thing and a few days later I discovered that I had been lied to.

    It is a shame that it happened, but I guess scams happen in game just as well as in Real Life, just not likely to trust EA in the future I guess.

    Basically I'm out 200 Donuts and stuck with 5 Items that don't match the description of the 5 items I paid for, and I have to wait in the hope of one day being able to earn enough donuts to buy the 2 items I should have bought instead.

    Thank you EA, for the (usually) fun game, not for the Bait and Switch.

    Happy Tapping to those of us who stay to play!
  • Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the game, love the forum. Why would the published bonus be regarded as a mistake after the flag offer. Bottom line, it was published, we purchased, EA changed the offer after money was spent. I for one will be leaving if this the bonus or donuts are not returned. If in signing up for the game allows EA to do this with without consequence then I signed up for the game. There is no other facet of commerce where this would be considered acceptable. With as much time as i spend playing the game this may be for the best. I for one while wait to see the how EA deals with this before posting an edict of action. if it remains unresolved then i am as well done. I'm just sorry that my first post was based on a bait and switch. Long live those that perceiver if the necessary corrections are not made.
  • 1pillform
    1983 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    To spite you, I am going to stay here.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • Totally peed off with the changes. I too believe that once sold as advertised it should not be changed afterwards for whatever reasons, especially after taking 200 donuts for it! A disgrace. In addition, the XP change from 1kk to 10kk robbed me of all the fun I had in the game.

    Well done EA, another dissatisfied customer.
  • I'm not ready to quit yet. I still enjoy the game. However, it was not a good day. If it keeps going like this, it might get to the point that I just don't want to play anymore. I got to that point in the FG game and haven't played in a year.
  • I'm ready to quit. EA are making it so we don't need neighbours. The whole fun of past Halloweens are tapping gremlins or other monsters in my neighbours towns.

    They have obviously decided this makes more money, but it takes the fun away for me.

    They are getting meaner and meaner, I've spent a lot of money on this game, but no more.

    This last thing makes me peed off too. If an agreement was set up then it should be carried through. They can't just change it to suit themselves. If it was a mistake ea just take the consequences and write off the losses, I'm sure you'll make up for it in other ways.

    Edit typos cos I can't find my glasses!
  • I'm not happy about the Beach Hideaways. I spent a fiver to top up the donuts I had so I could buy them, thinking they was a good investment. Unless they change them back and reduce the xp level up back to a million, I won't be spending any more money on this game.
    Sure I only spent five or ten quid a month, but so do a lot of other people. That's potentially A LOT of money they're about to lose.
  • I'm leaning towards it. I can't blame them for slowing our bonut farming down, but to bait and switch us with those eye-sores right before doing it is pretty much unforgivable. I wouldn't have bought 5 of them for such a low bonus and I sure as hell wouldn't have dropped 200 donuts on them if I knew they were about to put an end to the farming.

    I really hope they realize how serious this is and how upset their players are over this.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!