EA Forums - Banner

So no incentive to visit neighbors this event?

Or have I just not hit that part of the quest line yet?

The only thing I was completely unsatisfied with the last event was the neighbor visits. I didn't like how they spread it out forcing you to visit more neighbors (10 works for me, or when they give you a higher payout for the first 10 and less for all the following visits). I especially didn't like that the neighbor visits didn't pay out crafting currency last time around and was hoping to get that boost this time since it's a much better selection for crafting.

No neighbor visits and/or no crafting payout for the visits will quickly land on the growing list of things that both suck and blow about this event.

Replies

• You haven't hit that part of the questline yet.

I believe it's Filmmaker Lisa's 'Lost in La Monstra Pt. 2" that triggers it.
  • Yes I posted on another thread moaning about this but I've just activated a quest line where we drop cameras in neighbours towns. :D
  • The problem is now that no tap from neighbors is visible for me. Only from one neighbor I have seen 3 taps. :/
  • chris6271 wrote: »
    The problem is now that no tap from neighbors is visible for me. Only from one neighbor I have seen 3 taps. :/
    Maybe they also have to reach the same part of the quest line for it to be active in their towns too, I know that I haven't got far enough along the quest yet myself.
  • chris6271 wrote: »
    The problem is now that no tap from neighbors is visible for me. Only from one neighbor I have seen 3 taps. :/
    Maybe they also have to reach the same part of the quest line for it to be active in their towns too, I know that I haven't got far enough along the quest yet myself.

No. Most of them are premium players and have reached almost the part of the questline.

• I finally hit it...8 hours in. Seems a bit excessive this time around.

No crafting currency is dropped on friend's visits, which is a shame. I know I barely managed to craft everything last event by the skin of my teeth and this one looks like it's going to be way harder. Looks like anyone who's not a hardcore tapper is going to get hosed on crafting again. Shame, it's a much better selection this year than it was last year.

Don't think I'm going to be a fan of the interface on this event. Monster battles are limited so I don't know why I even bothered to waste the donuts on getting the cat lady's skin if she isn't really going to be able to help me...
  • cherrysweatr
    243 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote: »
    Looks like anyone who's not a hardcore tapper is going to get hosed on crafting again.

What's worse is that I think if you have prizes from past events, you don't get the MAG bonuses for crafting this time. At least for me, I don't have the "First X award X Mag awards on placement!" for the Spooky Houses like it has on the Iron Wall. And I have 3 houses but only 20 MAG points from the first fence I placed.

• What's worse is that I think if you have prizes from past events, you don't get the MAG bonuses for crafting this time. At least for me, I don't have the "First X award X Mag awards on placement!" for the Spooky Houses like it has on the Iron Wall. And I have 3 houses but only 20 MAG points from the first fence I placed.

I only started playing this year, so this is my first Halloween event and therefore I have no previous prizes but in my crafting list, it doesn't say anything like "First X award X Mag awards on placement!" for the Spooky Houses either (just that it earns 75 cash & 7 XP every 3 hrs) like it does for the wall.
  • lhpt wrote: »

What's worse is that I think if you have prizes from past events, you don't get the MAG bonuses for crafting this time. At least for me, I don't have the "First X award X Mag awards on placement!" for the Spooky Houses like it has on the Iron Wall. And I have 3 houses but only 20 MAG points from the first fence I placed.

I only started playing this year, so this is my first Halloween event and therefore I have no previous prizes but in my crafting list, it doesn't say anything like "First X award X Mag awards on placement!" for the Spooky Houses either (just that it earns 75 cash & 7 XP every 3 hrs) like it does for the wall.

Yeah I figured that out too in another thread :|