EA Forums - Banner

Can't zoom out anymore

I have a Galaxy tab S that just upgraded to the marshmallow OS. After the upgrade my TSTO game is extremely zoomed in and I can't zoom out at all. This happens on all gaming screens including friends towns and even the sign in screen. It makes the game very hard to play when you can only see like 3 buildings on the screen at one time. Is there a fix for this?

Replies

• This is an issue with many Samsung devices that can be fixed by downloading the Samsung Game Tuner and using it set your game mode to "maximum quality".
  • xiongnanning
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Same issue with LG F60; and a quick browse shows many users across many devices complain about zoom out. I see it in EA's SimCity BuildIt, too. All "answers" point to gimmick apps that alter screen resolution, require root, and can't be set to switch automatically per (game) app... running the risk of getting stuck in a stupid resolution.

The right answer -- EA! -- is to provide better zoom in-app. I'm aware that there's a tradeoff among max zoom out, max zoom in, and various performance numbers: download size, rendering speed, etc.

Please let each user make this tradeoff, within sane limits! My phone has a tiny screen and unless you want to buy me new, I'd rather see more than six houses at once, than admire the fine detail on the corner of one.

Thank You!
  • @xiongnanning We are a player helping player Forum. If you would like, you can contact EA Tech support to voice your concerns and issues.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • For Samsung devices, the Samsung Game Tuner app is an official app by Samsung, so it's not as gimmicky or unsafe as others might be. It also allows setting the performance mode on a per-app basis if desired.
  • alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @xiongnanning We are a player helping player Forum. If you would like, you can contact EA Tech support to voice your concerns and issues.
    I opened several ticket for this problem and they always closed them with the stupid "try reinstalling the app" response.
    I tried several time to get a chat contact with support resulting in endless wait.
    I can view a wider area on my 4.7' 720p device then on my 5.5' 1080p.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/73274/screen-resolution

• alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    AFAIK there are 3 sets of data with different resolution.
    Why can't we have to opportunity to choose the one which better fits our device/need?
  • dustandair wrote: »
    This is an issue with many Samsung devices that can be fixed by downloading the Samsung Game Tuner and using it set your game mode to "maximum quality".

Thank you, dustandair! This has been driving me crazy all week - so glad I finally checked the forum!
  • I'd also say a big thank you to dustandair! Now my game is playable again :)
  • I sent a ticket to EA about this issue and they obviously didn't even read it, since the response was instructions on how to log in the game if your main device gives you an error.

EA customer service is a joke.
  • I sent a ticket to EA about this issue and they obviously didn't even read it, since the response was instructions on how to log in the game if your main device gives you an error.

EA customer service is a joke.

It sounds as though you chose the e-mail option to contact EA Help. This is by far the worst of the three avenues. If you can, try again using either chat or phone.