EA Forums - Banner

The end of KB Farming?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this (as far as I know).

Obviously KEM farming is more popular, but it looks like KB farming is dead, since the THOH update launched they now only give 250 base XP (used to be 2500). They only take an hour to build now (used to be 12) but prices haven't changed from what I can tell.

Ultimately it's not a huge deal but it worries me about the future of KEM farming.

Replies

• There have been rogue posts in threads about it.

The KEM xp has been unaltered and EA might be trying to find a balance between build time/xp but for now let's enjoy our farms.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    I did see this being mentioned but it was overshadowed by the 10 million XP complaints, I don't farm krustyburgers myself so as of right now this has little effect on me but I am thinking the same as yourself, EA could be eliminating alternate farming methods so that if they do get rid of KEM farming they'll be ahead and we won't have anything to fall back on leaving us to earn our donuts through methods they can easily control and limit.

• @Wiredup11 , @aidx1054
    KEM farming is not substantially better than bloodmobile farming, which has been acknowledged by EA. KEM actually helps low level players more than high level players. I don't think it will be eliminated.
  • I didnt even know people were farming Krustyburgers.
  • I didn't really farm many Krusty Burgers anyway. The 12 hour time slot never really fitted my schedule!
  • 1SmallFoot wrote: »
    @Wiredup11 , @aidx1054
    KEM farming is not substantially better than bloodmobile farming, which has been acknowledged by EA. KEM actually helps low level players more than high level players. I don't think it will be eliminated.

That's not true at all. The first one built returned 2500 XP on $2600 (96%), while bloodmobiles only returned 10%. I built 17 at a time, stopping after the price reached 14000 (17.8%, and that's still a better return than the 24th+ KEM, where you only get 2000 XP for $14400; 13.8%.)
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    I think the answer is that we should all farm 180,000 donuts like that guy on this forum said he did. Just in case.
  • 180,000 His finger must hurt but this is not impossible with a large enough house farm
  • I can't bring myself accumulate more than 12k or so donuts. I always end up spending anything over it. It must take a loooooong time to accumulate 180k donuts. He can play the rest of the game in the next few years without worrying about cost now.

On the other hand, I dont see it mentioned elsewhere but I'm quite disappointed that they lowered the price of prison bus mafia car. Those were my farm items that are only 300 k now (1323000 before) which makes farming taking longer... But I guess it's better for new players now. I'm still grateful ea lowered the box price to one million xp. Would be nice if they give us an expensive high xp item too :)
  • 12K donuts? What for? Dont do much good sitting in the bank. I'd blow a bunch on mystery boxes and other premium items to raise that multiplier and make the farm more efficient and your town more fancy.
  • I slowed my mystery box after I got the item warning... I have a board farm and a van farm already. So my multiplier can't go higher now. And 12k actually goes down fast when i go on spending spree like in events where I have no time to tap, especially when they release a bunch of donut items too at each event. I can totally see many people buying donuts despite the farming coming back. The donut needs are increasing at each event.
  • wiedmannaj wrote: »
    1SmallFoot wrote: »
    @Wiredup11 , @aidx1054

That's not true at all. The first one built returned 2500 XP on $2600 (96%), while bloodmobiles only returned 10%. I built 17 at a time, stopping after the price reached 14000 (17.8%, and that's still a better return than the 24th+ KEM, where you only get 2000 XP for $14400; 13.8%.)

The KEM method is definitely more sustainable and allows you to have a constant cash flow, but the bloodmobile method depletes your reserves of cash very quickly, so in the long term, KEM farming is much better if you're focused on cash.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    are blood mobiles and rat trap delivery still the same XP? those are where it's at
  • I wonder if in light of recent events, it's a good idea for people to stop bragging about thousands of free donuts, and how they "never have to spend real money again". Of course EA knows it happens by now, but maybe we could be less in their face (and the faces of potential new converts) about it.