EA Forums - Banner

Attention to all of the cheaters of the add me thread.....

Replies

• giphy.gif

• I don't go through neighbors all the way anymore. Too time consuming. I'll go through half one day and then go backwards the next.

On a side note the number of neighbors that have abandoned the game since I've started is astounding. I've probably gone through 300 neighbors in 3 years. Not just low level players either.
  • You want some cheese with that whine?
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    @jjluv1500 I understand your frustration but you are a little naive to think that people are going to play the game the same way that you are. There are very few people that have put that they visit daily. You didn't even request neighbors that visit daily. It is really easy to get 100 neighbors but not so easy to get what you are looking for if you don't include that.
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    meinaz wrote: »
    blitz1280 wrote: »
    Why would anyone visit that many neighbors? Out of 100 neighbors, only 30% of that will return event currency.

I visit all my neighbors to help them because they still get a benefit even if I don't. I don't have the connection issues that some people have so it really doesn't take me very long. I also got 5 donuts from neighbors yesterday so that helps.

I have been visiting all my neighbors too , thanks @meinaz for being a great neighbor! Even if I don't get film when I Tap their town I get some when they come to mine and they do. It takes about 10 minutes to get through my list. Not bad considering.
    ( :heart: my neighbors!)

Side note: I delete people who don't get on for events.. during down time I don't really visit at all. No one has deleted me for it , but if they did I wouldn't care. If they need someone who visits during non event times then they can find someone else to give it to them lol I don't hold it against people who do the either.
    Event time is the time to help each other out in my opinion. @kalfini554 idk where you got your % from, but sounds like you need new neighbors if you are only getting " 30% " in return!!!
    Maybe I'm just lucky ;)
  • I thought 30% referred to the 90 event taps out of 100 neighbors (300 overall taps).
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote: »
    Why would anyone visit that many neighbors? Out of 100 neighbors, only 30% of that will return event currency.

I visit all my neighbors to help them because they still get a benefit even if I don't. I don't have the connection issues that some people have so it really doesn't take me very long. I also got 5 donuts from neighbors yesterday so that helps.

I have been visiting all my neighbors too , thanks @meinaz for being a great neighbor! Even if I don't get film when I Tap their town I get some when they come to mine and they do. It takes about 10 minutes to get through my list. Not bad considering.

Side note: I delete people who don't get on for events.. during down time I don't really visit at all. No one has deleted me for it , but if they did I wouldn't care. If they need someone who visits during non event times then they can find someone else to give it to them lol I don't hold it against people who do the either.
    Event time is the time to help each other out in my opinion. @kalfini554 idk where you got your % from, but sounds like you need new neighbors if you are only getting " 30% " in return!!!
    Maybe I'm just lucky ;)

If you can click through 100 neighbors in 10 minutes that is 6 seconds per neighbor, for most devices that is unrealistic to go into a town, complete all actions, then load the next town in 6 seconds. lots of people report the crash issue too.
  • evant13579 wrote: »

Maybe I'm just lucky ;)

If you can click through 100 neighbors in 10 minutes that is 6 seconds per neighbor, for most devices that is unrealistic to go into a town, complete all actions, then load the next town in 6 seconds. lots of people report the crash issue too.

I see, well I have a Samsung note 5. It's not the newest but it's not exactly old.
    Also, it doesn't take 6 seconds to tap most towns because it usually takes me right to Halloween city center (and lots of cameras), probably more like 3 seconds to tap 3 cameras and move on to the next town. It's mostly a few second going from town to town that takes the longest, but regardless it is kind of boring but I still do it. It may be "unrealistic" for a person who has an older device or slow internet, but it is a 1/24 hr action.. I do mine early when I wake up in the morning. I have 10 minutes drinking my coffee to visit while I wake up. Even if people broke up their 100 neighbors throughout the day every day they could still Tap everyone.

So my doing it in 10 minutes is irrelevant really..
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    evant13579 wrote: »

Maybe I'm just lucky ;)

I see, well I have a Samsung note 5. It's not the newest but it's not exactly old.
    Also, it doesn't take 6 seconds to tap most towns because it usually takes me right to Halloween city center (and lots of cameras), probably more like 3 seconds to tap 3 cameras and move on to the next town. It's mostly a few second going from town to town that takes the longest, but regardless it is kind of boring but I still do it. It may be "unrealistic" for a person who has an older device or slow internet, but it is a 1/24 hr action.. I do mine early when I wake up in the morning. I have 10 minutes drinking my coffee to visit while I wake up. Even if people broke up their 100 neighbors throughout the day every day they could still Tap everyone.

your ability to click through every neighbor in 10 minutes does not reflect most people's capability, even with fast device/internet. also, there is little incentive for most people to click through neighbors anymore. even with events after 30 neighbor visits there is little incentive. i am not saying you cant spend your time doing it, but i think lots of people who play this game value their time and allocate it to things that have best time/reward ratio.

honestly i have at least a thousand better uses for my time than grinding through 100 neighbors every single day for rewards i dont need. i am not a hypocrite, so i do not penalize my neighbors who are like-minded.
  • I've got 100 neighbors and have the best intentions of visiting them. Unfortunately once I get kicked out of my game a couple of times I stop due to frustration. I try to mix up who I visit but I know there are several I miss. I do make sure to keep buildings available for neighbors to tap so they can get their items.
  • I admit, I don't visit everyone all the time. But I DO visit. If you have me on your list and I haven't visited you yet I apologize. I'll get to you eventually. I got a lot of neighbors too. And my game crashes all the time. And it takes time to visit. And a lot of times when I do I don't see anything to click...which means either I cant find the buildings I can click or you already got tons of people that already visited you.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • What would be the point of posting their names here? Most of us dont have the same neighbors lol. I got 50 to 60 neighbors. I go forward from the first one for 30 of them one day, then go 30 backwards from the last one the next day. I wouldnt even know which ones havent visited me
  • AirurandoP
    852 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    doh1886 wrote: »
    That's on EA for not giving enough reason to visit. They need to consider bringing back friendship prizes and dropping them at the start of events.

I agree.

@jjluv1500 If you progress far enough, (levels, multiplier, characters and buildings etc.) friends visits impact your progress less and less. The only reasons to visit them would be for Friendship points (which I've maxed out on) or if you're curious to see how their towns are progressing.

I've been playing for ages and don't visit my neighbours that often. I tend to only visit between events as it is faster to get through them (trying to find anomalies and robots was very tedious and time consuming.)

I also keep my neighbours to 40 max. That way I get to know them (in the TSTO way) and the way they play.

Finally, for me, the ability to tap other towns is more important and I tend to drop neighbours who haven't played in a while and have no buildings left to tap. I see the same names appearing in my town a lot but I honestly couldn't identify someone who had never visited my town. If you're concerned about event currency keep visiting your neighbours regardless.

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• evant13579 wrote: »
    evant13579 wrote: »

Maybe I'm just lucky ;)

your ability to click through every neighbor in 10 minutes does not reflect most people's capability, even with fast device/internet. also, there is little incentive for most people to click through neighbors anymore. even with events after 30 neighbor visits there is little incentive. i am not saying you cant spend your time doing it, but i think lots of people who play this game value their time and allocate it to things that have best time/reward ratio.

honestly i have at least a thousand better uses for my time than grinding through 100 neighbors every single day for rewards i dont need. i am not a hypocrite, so i do not penalize my neighbors who are like-minded.

Well I'm glad that you know "most people's capabilities" around the world. Also, thanks for this side convo you started with me. I hope you enjoy your day!
  • I try to visit ALL of my neighbors every day. Not all at the same time, but all of them. I'm not greedy, I know it may not help me much, but it does help them. I do get XP from them, and with the collider on it does pay to visit. I don't go for the first open camera, I go for the ones farthest away from ground zero. Lists me see more of their town. I have at least four that have not downloaded the THOH content, and once I can't collect from them they will be cut loose.
    I know some of them don't visit me, that's okay. It isn't a reason to drop them. Some don't have the time, others I'm sure only hit the 30 and quit. (Side note, hitting one camera in 90 neighbors towns still gets you your bonus, and keeps most of your neighbors happy. And having to only find one camera in a town is way faster if they have had a lot of visitors and haven't cleaned them up yet.)
  • I don't think it's Cheating................ some people just don't do daily visits.
    I try to during events - but slack here and there depending on my life. I'm certainly not removing friends who don't visit(don't play- that round is coming when act2 opens), just like I don't remove people for vandalizing me.
    Sounds like you needed to make a clear request in the add me thread- Wanted, players who visit daily only, no vandals(if you hate that)...... Not worth throwing out the "C" word on the forum(yes our "c" word is different!)
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • NicholasD1984
    2696 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't think it's Cheating................ some people just don't do daily visits.
    I try to during events - but slack here and there depending on my life. I'm certainly not removing friends who don't visit(don't play- that round is coming when act2 opens), just like I don't remove people for vandalizing me.
    Sounds like you needed to make a clear request in the add me thread- Wanted, players who visit daily only, no vandals(if you hate that)...... Not worth throwing out the "C" word on the forum(yes our "c" word is different!)
    Spot on
  • I used to visit everyone daily (almost 100 friends). I don't anymore. For one thing, I have a full-time job five days a week. If I played once an hour, I'd get fired. For another, it takes me half an hour to go through my friend list, and that is time taken away from cleaning house, cooking dinner, doing laundry, doing banking, etc.

Currently I'm visiting every other day because of the event. No one seems to have dropped me, but if they're that **** and want to do so because I'm not "holding up my end", fine! I won't miss them anymore than they'll miss me. I don't require my friends to visit me daily, either.

TL:DR: Get a life.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • I visit each neighbour every day.
    But beforehand I didn't because I had a very slow device that caused numerous crashing. It was a grind to get through them all as it took 2 hours or more.
    But since after the upgrading to a new device I do not experience lag or crashing anymore, allowing me to visit all my neighbours.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • I used to only be able to visit 30 of my friends MAX with my iPhone 4...it was so slow and laggy, especially visiting my level 939 neighbors with 8500+ items in their towns. It took FOREVER! So you need to be understanding if friends can't visit you.

Now I have my iPad Air 2, I've visited all 100 of my friends over the past 20 hours! Most of them visit me (but I will be getting rid of the inactives shortly!) :)
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    If i see someone hasn't played with the last hour, i drop them. My neighbors are all tapaholics like me.

The important part of this is that when i do, i don't announce it with a new thread no one wants to read.

No sleep? No job? :p