EA Forums - Banner

Tapping "rat-dogs" gives no benefit

Anyone else having this issue?

The "rat-dogs" (for lack of a better term) run around my town, but only with-in the last hour, when I tap on them only half drop film and/or obol while the rest just "pop" and disappear.

This needs to be fixed otherwise there is no reason to tap on these things.

Replies

• I'm having the same problem
  • Same problem for me.
  • Do a hard close on your device.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • crystal_do450
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I had the same problem. I restarted my device, still wasn't working. So I uninstalled, restarted a second time and reinstalled and still it wasn't working. I lost about 20 monsters' worth of film. :disappointed: I contacted EA through their live-chat contact feature and within an hour my monsters were giving film and obols again. Contact EA and let them know it's a problem, that way they won't think my problem was an isolated incident and realize it's an actual bug.
  • Also, I love the "rat-dog" thing. I keep thinking the same thing.
  • I'm having the same issue. They just stay there.
  • The only resolution I've heard on this one is the hard reset. If you've tried this and it doesn't work, I would contact EA as this is a time sensitive event and you need those points. Also, people say the new ones with the wings need to be tapped twice...haven't been in game yet this morning, so off to check it out.
  • Hard reset meaning uninstall and reinstall?
  • Also, where can I find the EA live-online chat?
  • Hard reset meaning uninstall and reinstall?

I presume “hard reset” as in rebooting whatever device you’re using. If that fails, then you might try uninstalling and re-installing the app.
    Also, where can I find the EA live-online chat?

See this forum link for info on how to contact EA.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/80732/how-to-contact-ea-directly/
  • Same problem here... I tap those monsters/demons (just the ones with wings - the others are fine), and they don't die.

Force closing the game did nothing. Rebooting the device (I'm on iOS) nothing. Damn :(
  • Seems the answer is right here.
    I had the same problem. I restarted my device, still wasn't working. So I uninstalled, restarted a second time and reinstalled and still it wasn't working. I lost about 20 monsters' worth of film. :disappointed: I contacted EA through their live-chat contact feature and within an hour my monsters were giving film and obols again. Contact EA and let them know it's a problem, that way they won't think my problem was an isolated incident and realize it's an actual bug.

• Same issue!! Except I'm also having issues contacting support. I don't think we should have to seek help individually. They should just fix it. I guess I'll be that one person who doesn't get any goals done.
  • johanras20433
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Same issue!! Except I'm also having issues contacting support. I don't think we should have to seek help individually. They should just fix it. I guess I'll be that one person who doesn't get any goals done.

Im also having problems contacting support and when I eventually did get a reply to my email, they basically told me to try reinstalling the game and they've closed my issue ...hello its not the game thats the problem if my wife plays on the same device without issue. It is obviously a bug on my account....I am so irritated by the poor way it was handled. My problem is still unresolved and apparently because I live outside of America, I cant access live chat. :(
  • I'm also having this issue and cannot contact support.I would have finished the chapter by now if not for this issue.