EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone play TSTO on a Moto 4G Play smartphone?

I'm thinking of getting one and want to know if I'll be able to use it for this game and whether it will play it reasonably well.

Thanks, in advance, for any help! :)

Replies

• Motorola still makes phones?

(I use a Huawei, sorry.)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I'm thinking of getting one and want to know if I'll be able to use it for this game and whether it will play it reasonably well.

Yes, that phone will play this game. The performance should be acceptable, but as it only has 1/2 gig of RAM you shouldn't try to run a lot of apps at the same time (stuff in the background uses up memory, and TSTO is a very memory intensive game).

The cpu on the 4G Play is pretty good, and it has plenty of storage (not the same thing as memory), a slot for an SD card to add more storage, and a removable battery so I think it's a pretty good phone for the money.

• simp7fan wrote: »
    Motorola still makes phones?

(I use a Huawei, sorry.)

Google bought out Motorola, the division that made mobile phones, then sold it to Lenovo.
  • Hey Simp7fan, I use a Xiaomi. But the latest model for Xiaomi is no longer attractive.

Hello Sandra. Motorola was once a huge name when I was an undergraduate in Engineering. We need to attend interviews just to apply for attachment as part of curriculum.
  • SandraShill
    253 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Bongo - Thanks for the info!! Good to hear yours works well for you, with only 512 of RAM, because the model I'm looking at actually has 2GB of RAM (16G onboard storage)! So, sounds like it should be relatively smooth sailing (although I do realize that it's not the speediest of processors, but, for $99 through Amazon Prime, I realize that it's not likely to be as speedy as a $600 phone might be). I had wanted to get the Blu R1 HD through Amazon Prime for just $60, because the specs were actually pretty similar and, at that price, I figured it would be a good "starter phone," for me to use while I figured out if there were features that I really needed, but didn't have, but, unfortunately, they pulled that out of the lineup about a day or two before I was about to pull the "buy" trigger, which completely threw off my plans.

But the Moto 4G Play they're offering does have Marshmallow and Snapdragon and 2G/16G (with expandable storage), and, unlike the Blu, does have a removable battery (as you mentioned), but I don't think it has dual SIM card slots, like the Blu, but that isn't really a big deal for me.

But, of course, I wouldn't think of buying ANY phone before checking the most important thing....whether it will play TSTO, lol!

(I use a Huawei, sorry.)

:p

Sorry - not gonna buy I phone I don't know how to pronounce, lol! ;)

Actually, if you remember the phone I currently have, that one's a Motorola, too...circa 2002.
  • I play on the Moto G (3rd gen) - 1 GB of RAM; Android 6.0
    TSTO works comfortably. No issues except I had to install an SD card and installed TSTO on it rather than the internal space - so that I wouldn't have to delete for each update...
  • Thank you very much, alapalme! With the 4, the processor on the G is somewhat better than the one on the 4 Play (oh, god...I just realized what I said there...won't use shorthand like that again!), but I'm thinking that hopefully it's at least as good as your 3 model.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to see, if by some miracle, the Blu R1 HD prime offer came back and, if not, I'll probably just go ahead and get the Moto G4 Play for $100.

(I use a Huawei, sorry.)

:p

Sorry - not gonna buy I phone I don't know how to pronounce, lol! ;)
    I think it's "hoo-uh-way". Maybe Sean knows. It's branded as an AT&T phone...you can pronounce that? ;)

• 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yes simp7fan is right Hoo_ah way. The first word is actually has to be pronounced without a pause.
  • Well, I bought the Moto G4 Play last night, so I only want to hear positive things about it from here on out, lol!
  • I play on the iPad Air 2 :p
  • How is the performance playing on the iPad air 2 Echo?
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Getting 4 Play is my goal in life, now, Sandra. ;)

And congrats. It's certainly a phone. :)