EA Forums - Banner

So new forum style ..... Yay or nay ???

1789101113Next

Replies

• I really don't like it. I find it really hard to navigate and it's so damn bright!

Bring the old one back!
  • Plus, I'm a sweary person, and I also teach children under 18 yrs old. I know that damn is not a swear word yet here it is starred out. Screw you EA.
  • joniferous wrote: »
    Plus, I'm a sweary person, and I also teach children under 18 yrs old. I know that **** is not a swear word yet here it is starred out. **** EA.

Which word is that?
  • They're never going to fix any of this and we just have to get used to it sucking. So bend over and smoke your cigarette-oh wait, you have to craft a cigarette first! Sorry. :confounded:
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Does anyone know if we're going to get our signatures back?

.. and where is the thread with all the nice icons to include in signatures - in fact I haven't seen any post by the author for a time. Any news??

Edit: found the old thread, but it's closed. Why?
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/39895/over-300-signature-trophies#latest

Would appreciate updates if anyone knows. Thanks.
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    mwdalton wrote: »
    joniferous wrote: »
    Plus, I'm a sweary person, and I also teach children under 18 yrs old. I know that **** is not a swear word yet here it is starred out. **** EA.

Which word is that?
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Zozobras wrote: »

.. and where is the thread with all the nice icons to include in signatures - in fact I haven't seen any post by the author for a time. Any news??

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/39895/over-300-signature-trophies#latest

@Zozobras - All of the threads from the old forum were closed in the changeover to this forum. Or so I've heard.

Some were reopened by the mods because people specifically asked them to reopen those threads. But there's too many to go through to reopen them all, I imagine.

• Now that I had time to get used, it's fine. The feature that stands out the most is the group chat which is really helpful for a community.

There are some features missing but those will hopefully be added in the (near) future.

I could do without the glaring yellow sunbeams on the sides, though.
  • I prefer the old forum over this one

Same
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • I use this site a lot to get info and have tried to enjoy the new format but I just can't get into it :( It feels too cold and clinical compared to the old and I liked the yellow - I knew what site I was on!

This is too much like getting windows 10 after having windows 7.
  • johncolombo
    11567 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Zozobras wrote: »

All the threads came over closed during the migration. I do not know why. I reopened the one you requested. If at anytime you need a thread reopened just PM a mod. We will reopen it unless it was closed for reason. And yes as Sue said it would take us forever to reopen all old closed threads, some were closed on purpose and others are irrelevant now. Even though they're closed they are all still readable if you're trying to research something and search works better on the new forum.

I could have sworn we still had a signature option in our profiles. Only difference is you can't insert an image in it like the old forum. I may need to check on that but I thought I saw I could enable one, I never used them before.

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Thanks! That is a thread i like to revisit, because the great signatures.

:+1:
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • I use this site a lot to get info and have tried to enjoy the new format but I just can't get into it :( It feels too cold and clinical compared to the old and I liked the yellow - I knew what site I was on!

This is too much like getting windows 10 after having windows 7.
    That is it!!! Also I dumped 10 and reinstalled 7. This is that with no option to fix it.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Zozobras wrote: »

All the threads came over closed during the migration. I do not know why. I reopened the one you requested. If at anytime you need a thread reopened just PM a mod. We will reopen it unless it was closed for reason. And yes as Sue said it would take us forever to reopen all old closed threads, some were closed on purpose and others are irrelevant now. Even though they're closed they are all still readable if you're trying to research something and search works better on the new forum.

I could have sworn we still had a signature option in our profiles. Only difference is you can't insert an image in it like the old forum. I may need to check on that but I thought I saw I could enable one, I never used them before.
    Yea we have sig option in our profile. The only thing is that you can't see the sigs on mobile version. When do you think they will fix the issue on not letting us put pics in our sigs?

My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • I'm now genuinely curious as to if somebody has compiled a list of censored words (and apparently phrases as well) for the new forum?
    Nice as it is to have Mona not censored and the other character names!

I want the old Forum back!

I want the old Forum back!
    It's not going to happen. The old forum is dead and buried. We just have to put with these little nuisances and hope they improve the site.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    mwdalton wrote: »
    joniferous wrote: »

Which word is that?
    You're funny.

So we can say sucking but not sucks? Edit: yep. But now I've pointed it out so that will be fixed. Still waiting to censor poop.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.