EA Forums - Banner

Any Idea why I'm missing items from my inventory?

Prev1
When I started setting up for Halloween, I noticed some stuff from past Halloween events was missing.
Now that I'm setting up my Christmas area, I find a bunch of past event stuff is missing.

Like, WTH???

Replies

• Yeah I realized years ago that stuff can mysteriously vanish from the inventory so I try not to store anything that I don't want to permanently lose. Thankfully it was only some random Valentine's Day stuff. Although it was stuff that later turned into items that had cash and XP bonus
  • A few months ago I mistakenly stored my Toy Workshop in one of my games then couldn't find it. I contacted EA twice, each time the rep said he had put it in my storage and could see it there, but I can't find it in any category. I finally gave up
  • It would be nice if we had holiday and event tabs for better inventory storage
  • They might still be in there but not under a specific category... Just the full combined inventory/all items area.
  • I go thru the combined area. It takes awhile. But a lot of stuff is gone. It seems I have 1/2 the Christmas stuff I did last year.
  • I have found i am missing the second Ruins i crafted this event....
  • A few months ago I mistakenly stored my Toy Workshop in one of my games then couldn't find it. I contacted EA twice, each time the rep said he had put it in my storage and could see it there, but I can't find it in any category. I finally gave up
    This literally happened to me too. The same building was gone for good. And then one day it came back into my storage. But I swear it wasn't there. And when it came back it came back into the category I looked at like 100 times[literally I looked that many times]. Also there was other items and buildings that dissapeared. For example Camp Krusty was gone for good and then it eventfully came back. So yes it happens to me too. I am also sort of afraid to put stuff into storage....
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • They might still be in there but not under a specific category... Just the full combined inventory/all items area.
  • I've never lost anything...but I guess if it was in my inventory it didn't really matter anyway. :)
  • Three tricks.
    1. Give up finding the object you want. Decide to place something else, in a completely different location. Go to look for second object in your inventory. First object will suddenly appear.
    2. Post topic about missing object. Have someone tell you to look in general inventory. Go back, look, and find said object.
    3. If possible, buy another one. First one will magically reappear.
  • spritals148
    1829 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Yea things get mad when they are "lost" and you don't care. They come back like "****!! You didn't miss me?!!"
    Works for keys and wallets too, but not socks. No clue what happens there. :D
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • benzee74 wrote: »
    When I started setting up for Halloween, I noticed some stuff from past Halloween events was missing.
    Now that I'm setting up my Christmas area, I find a bunch of past event stuff is missing.

Sometime such discrepancies are a function of what category you’re searching — i.e., on occasion, items aren’t assigned to the category one might expect. It can be a bit of a pain, but if you haven’t already done so, try scrolling through the entire inventory. If you have and the items are truly missing, your only recourse is to contact EA.

• do NOT search in category. search in just the full inventory. many items are not in category!!!
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Yea things get mad when they are "lost" and you don't care. They come back like "****!! You didn't miss me?!!"

For the life of me I have never been able to understand what happens to the missing socks either.
  • nissa762 wrote: »
    Yea things get mad when they are "lost" and you don't care. They come back like "****!! You didn't miss me?!!"

For the life of me I have never been able to understand what happens to the missing socks either.

The sock manufacturers have theft teams that go out, and take the random sock. This is to insure they have job security and it also helps to feed the fetishes of the big bosses. Some day someone will die and the heirs will be faced with billions of left socks.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    nissa762 wrote: »

The sock manufacturers have theft teams that go out, and take the random sock. This is to insure they have job security and it also helps to feed the fetishes of the big bosses. Some day someone will die and the heirs will be faced with billions of left socks.

I heard that socks were actually sentient beings. They try to escape through the mysterious wormhole that exists in every dryer to their homeworld (SockLand), but only one can fit through the extremely tiny wormhole at a time.

• I hate this new forum! I almost lost this highly important information!!! :D:p
    suetopia wrote: »
    nissa762 wrote: »

I heard that socks were actually sentient beings. They try to escape through the mysterious wormhole that exists in every dryer to their homeworld (SockLand), but only one can fit through the extremely tiny wormhole at a time.
    RFLMAO!!!

Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Only item I ever lost was destroyed brown house, but that was talked about here before. I still don't get it, but other than that I have had no issues. Then again, 75% of what I have stored I couldn't care less if it left for good.
  • txrabbit3737
    1145 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Only item I ever lost was destroyed brown house, but that was talked about here before. I still don't get it, but other than that I have had no issues. Then again, 75% of what I have stored I couldn't care less if it left for good.

Did you look for "Wrecked Brown House"? And in the decorations area? It's not considered a building.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • I wouldn't mind if a few select items went missing from mine (thinking of that weird Halloween pumpkin blimp thing that was a prize last year - or was it the year before?)