EA Forums - Banner

Best wishes today for our American Tappers

Replies

• I think the appeal with Trump is that people just got fed up with how corrupt so many of our politicians in Washington have become. For the most part, Trump funded his own campaign so he won't have lobbyists and large donors controlling his actions as President.

So many of our politicians are so deep into the "Pay to Play" game that they have lost sight of concerns for the people and are consumed with climbing the political ladder and lining their designer pocket$. And the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation are pros at it. (Read the Wikileaks..and they are still under investigation :( )

Good or bad, I hope after what was a ruthless and disrespectful election process that this Nation can come together and get some work done. There's a lot that's been neglected and a lot that needs improvement.

@johncolombo Did you really mean to offend 60 million Trump voters by suggesting that they might not be "progressive" ? ;)

I'm sorry, but that's complete rubbish.

Trump is corrupt. He bribed people to stop prosecutions of Trump University, and he begged for donations from British MPs, which is illegal. No one gets to pretend that they voted for him because of 'corruption in politics,' because that makes no sense at all.

Clinton is not involved in 'Pay to Play' either, the Clinton Foundation gives 90% of its money to charitable causes. It does a massive amount of good work throughout the world for people who suffer every day- she isn't involved in Pay to Play at all, but Trump, with Trump U, has evidence that suggests he indeed did. That's also not anyone's excuse to vote for him.

Trump supporters are not progressive. They voted for a person who is a racist and wants to ban all Muslims for however long he sees fit. None of them are progressive, they want regression. It isn't insulting to them to point this out.

Perhaps America should just withdraw from the world stage- it might be the best for the world!
  • jankrohn wrote: »
    mystery2mi wrote: »
    I hope everyone who didn't bother to vote or voted for 3rd party candidates is happy with the results. (insert sarcasm)

When you have the choice between pest and cholera, selecting one of them would be sarcastic.
    Maybe they didn't "not bother to vote" but wanted to retain a clean conscience.

Ah, anyway, the bright side is, according to Simpsons history, the next president will be Lisa Simpson.

Clean conscience? I hope they're happy with their 'clean conscience.' They still voted to destroy America, it doesn't matter about their 'conscience.'
  • A few of the front pages from UK papers today:
    tyAxLpyl.jpg
    acn3Mwal.jpg

Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • 2w2jx1c.jpg.
    A few protests going on here.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • I've heard that California wants to secede from America.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • HomerND84 wrote: »
    I've heard that California wants to secede from America.
    Since they get most of their water from Nevada, that probably wouldn't be a very good idea :o
    Since they get most of their water from Nevada, that probably wouldn't be a very good idea :o
    Just been reading that it's the 6 largest economy it the world and is more economically powerful than France. That's good for a state which it isn't a country.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• California wont...they can talk all they want but it wont happen...and hopefully we will be in Montana/Texas before then if they ever decide that....
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • California wont...they can talk all they want but it wont happen...and hopefully we will be in Montana/Texas before then if they ever decide that....
    I read they are thinking of voting on it in 2018
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• meh...*shrugs*
  • I thought the Califrexit was just talk on Twitter, where are you reading all this? Cuz Texit -Texas had a thing going on Twitter for a while too.

• ok so finally reading more up on it, there is no legal basis for it...its just not going to happen, yes social media is talking about it and yes there is a petition going on but from a legal stand point, its not going to happen....

Good point. Northern California needs to secede from Southern California first, then secede from the union.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I thought the Califrexit was just talk on Twitter, where are you reading all this? Cuz Texit -Texas had a thing going on Twitter for a while too.
    Google calexit not califrexit. It's got a load of sites on about it.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• ok so finally reading more up on it, there is no legal basis for it...its just not going to happen, yes social media is talking about it and yes there is a petition going on but from a legal stand point, its not going to happen....
    Why not didn't a state do it before?

My friend list is full

Live life to the full

ok so finally reading more up on it, there is no legal basis for it...its just not going to happen, yes social media is talking about it and yes there is a petition going on but from a legal stand point, its not going to happen....
    Why not didn't a state do it before?

The southern states tried and failed, see US Civil War from 1861 to 1865 if interested.

No state will ever succeed from the USA. If Texas or California tried, and even somehow pulled it off, the USA would remove all the armed forces from these states. Texas or California would become vulnerable and become either Mexico or Canada.
  • Besides the water problem, if California left the U.S. what would happen to that 11th largest economy in the world(after factoring in the cost of living) without the federal dollars supporting it? Not to mention the economic effect of the Central Valley and western parts of the state not willing to join it in exiting. And since CA won't build power plants, where would their electricity come from?
  • My uninformed, closed mind is completely bewildered by the US election system (I know HOW it works. I don't understand how it's ACCEPTED). Clinton got more votes, the democratic will of the people is for Clinton to be president.

'The people elected Clinton, the system elected Trump.' was a statement I saw on twitter. And as an Irishman looking on, I would be interested in any explanation of why the system is set up like so.
  • johncolombo
    11498 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2016
    My uninformed, closed mind is completely bewildered by the US election system (I know HOW it works. I don't understand how it's ACCEPTED). Clinton got more votes, the democratic will of the people is for Clinton to be president.

'The people elected Clinton, the system elected Trump.' was a statement I saw on twitter. And as an Irishman looking on, I would be interested in any explanation of why the system is set up like so.

No one really understand it much.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • The Electoral College is what you are referring to Barry. It's a little complicated, and it's time for me to go home, so you'll have to ask the internet how it works.