EA Forums - Banner

Spending real money to level up

Replies

• If you are guilty of spending real money to purchase donuts in order to obtain buildings/characters, consider your Springfield invalid and definitely not respected.

Sorry,
    SyrupSippaJr (Feel free to add me)
    Don't you think that was a silly thing to say. People are entitled to do whatever they want with their town(s). If they want to spend money it's up to them. Am glad I did. When I first played the game when it first came out I was against putting my hand in my pocket and forking out on a game but there was a time that I was really frustrated that I was missing out on premium items so I brought donuts and I was made up with it. Do you think it's wrong to purchase added tv channels if you've got freeview? If you want the best pay for it. Don't whinge and whine when others do.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • About spending real life money in donuts:

I regret nothing. :)
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    We, myself included, are giving this knucklehead exactly what he wants. Attention and drama.

It's like when a stray animal comes to your door. If you feed it it will never leave. Ignore it and it moves on to the next fourm, looking for drama and scraps of food.

Weve given this nut more than enough validation. Lets move on. I'm done with this nonsense.

PS keep sippin your syrup and killing the three brain cells you have left!

Maybe its lock time?
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • We, myself included, are giving this knucklehead exactly what he wants. Attention and drama.

It's like when a stray animal comes to your door. If you feed it it will never leave. Ignore it and it moves on to the next fourm, looking for drama and scraps of food.

Weve given this nut more than enough validation. Lets move on. I'm done with this nonsense.

PS keep sippin your syrup and killing the three brain cells you have left!

Maybe its lock time?

Apparently my three brain cells is more than you have left. That was the worst analogy I've ever heard
  • evant13579 wrote: »
    i buy massive amounts of donuts, but intentionally make my town look ugly and store all my premium items so that i dont make anybody angry or jealous

What's the point of buying the premium items if you store them?

whoosh.

i tried so hard stinkbugger :P

• simp7fan wrote: »

defiantly won't be adding you ;)
    Hah, I don't think you typoed "definitely". Maybe a first on here. I feel the same way...definitely. ;)

:D i had my contacts out when this thread started, letters blend together :D

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish

• [/quote]

That was lame

[/quote]
    just curious, why do you care what people spend on this game? I have freemium and premium neighbors and i don't look down on the freemium players. Each person plays the way they want and personally don't care how they play as long as they enjoy the game

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • OK I know I said I was done but I feel the need to respond to your attack.

You're right in one aspect. I shouldn't have stooped to your level of insults and name calling. So for that I apologize. I tend to get upset when someone attacks me for doing what enables them to be able to play for free. Without people like us who spend money, there would be no game to enjoy or fourms for you to start trouble on.

That being said, I can't for the life of me see what you hoped to gain by coming on here and attacking us. Did you mean to get everyone to stop spending money on the game? Not too smart cause if we all did there would be no more game. EA isn't exactly a charity. Were you blowing your own horn? Trying to get people to add you to their friends list? Again not too smart, you catch more flies with honey then vinager.

So all we have left is you came here for the express purpose of starting trouble, which is my guess since you have no valid argument, and only attacks when people challenge you

So whatever your point is, I wish you the best accomplishing whatever it is you are trying to do. I just cant for the life of me figure out what that is beyong trolling and stirring the pot. Either way, good luck to you sir. Ive given all I can to this useless thread and I'm packing it in and calling it a day. Enjoy your syrup!
  • I'm confused at what this thread is trying to accomplish. Why would it matter to anyone if I spend no money or $1,000 on the game? We're all having fun, so who cares.
  • simp7fan wrote: »

Hah, I don't think you typoed "definitely". Maybe a first on here. I feel the same way...definitely. ;)

:disappointed: Aw, it wasn't real? Okay, I'm going to intentionally use "defiantly" around here until it catches on as an equal and valid alternative. :)
    Enjoy your syrup!
    Can this be a think like "taco"? We can say that at the end of speeches aimed at trolls (which is what you were describing). :)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    simp7fan wrote: »
    simp7fan wrote: »

:disappointed: Aw, it wasn't real? Okay, I'm going to intentionally use "defiantly" around here until it catches on as an equal and valid alternative. :)
    Enjoy your syrup!
    Can this be a think like "taco"? We can say that at the end of speeches aimed at trolls (which is what you were describing). :)

Sure, although the syrup is something different altogether. I couldnt remember the word when I first posted, hence my stray animal analogy that Mr. Troll didnt seem to care for. You would think most people would give up when not one single person supports their point, but I digress.
    Post edited by daved7637397 on
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    I miss JoshSheerer.
  • smohqy wrote: »
    I miss JoshSheerer.

Who is JoshSheerer?
    I miss JoshSheerer.

Who is JoshSheerer?

I'm wondering the same thing
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    smohqy wrote: »
    I miss JoshSheerer.

Who is JoshSheerer?

I'm wondering the same thing

quick search of his name on google suggest he was somebody who complained/trolled all the time who was banned here...and may pop up here from time to time under other names...hmmmm
    I miss JoshSheerer.
    JoshSheerer was controversial, however part of that was due to his having a shout from EA who had mentioned him in the Simpsons tapped out game.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • SyrupSippaJr (Feel free to add me)

Oh right, I really want to add you now.

Sorry if it's already been said, but there are a number of items that you can't "earn" by playing normally, and you can only get them by spending donuts. Who are you to criticize people for how they spend their money?

Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • evant13579 wrote: »
    evant13579 wrote: »
    I've spent lots of money on this game. If no one purchased donuts ea would of pulled the plug in this game a long time ago. People that purchase stuff in freemuim games is what keeps those games going

That's a solid rebuttal. I can't argue with that, but I'm very proud of my Springfield. Considering I haven't spent a single actual dollar while building it. I played when the game first came out, took about a 2 year hiatus but now I'm back!

i assure you, coming to EA forum to insult people who have paid money towards a freemium game will probably not be met kindly. its is not about getting where you are without spending money, this game has no ads and the only way it exists is with people who put money into it. some people do not mind tossing a few dollars EA's way to support something they enjoy...even if they dont need to

how ever awesome you think your springfield is, there are many more people here who have much more impressive springfields, freemium or premium. it is not a competition and not about impressing people with your skills of not spending money, or insulting those who have

Yeah, but I could drop a grand, get almost whatever I want and build an epic Springfield, but I won't because I want to actually earn it

they have designed this game so that speeding up things and buying cash with donuts is not cost effective. most people use donuts to buy premium items.

Right? I don't know where the OP got the idea that most people who buy donuts are doing it just to level up faster.

Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • adruralo52 wrote: »
    smohqy wrote: »
    I miss JoshSheerer.
    JoshSheerer was controversial, however part of that was due to his having a shout from EA who had mentioned him in the Simpsons tapped out game.

Wait, so a forum troll got his own shout out in the game?