EA Forums - Banner

My Cash Position is in Debt??

Replies

• The terrible EA support closed my case via email and recommended the standard reinstall steps.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    The terrible EA support closed my case via email and recommended the standard reinstall steps.

Sometimes they tell you to post here for help.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    168sean168 wrote: »
    The terrible EA support closed my case via email and recommended the standard reinstall steps.

i think enough people have given you advice here. did you try spending some of your cash to get back below the threshold? you dont have to, but if you want to prove that you still have all your cash just try it once before you keep accumulating. this is a known issue due to the 32 bit system interface as another poster mentioned.
  • speaking of which, it may be totally unrelated... remember when EA discontinued some older devices running old iOS and Android OS? What improvements did they make? anyone know?
  • Tested many times. I can tell you for sure the limit is 2.14 something billion. Then over it gets to negative 2.14 something billions then if you earn more it gets closer to zero. But I spend back my cash to put it back to positive. I now find it very hard to play this game frequently now. Collecting all buildings and 24h tasks kick me to negative. I keep buying houses but can't spend fast enough. If I store too many buildings in worried about storing characters by mistake with the buildings. Buying bloodmobiles take too long to click the donut boxes unless I have more than 1-2 hours at a time. I bought some walls earlier while it was out for multiplier it doesn't help for cash. Wish there is a way to keep the xp earning but store cash in a different way. Can EA raise the cash cap?
  • If you just wanted to get rid of some cash quickly and didn't care about XP I'd just continually sell and repurchase the Krusty Burger Oil Rig.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Tested many times. I can tell you for sure the limit is 2.14 something billion. Then over it gets to negative 2.14 something billions then if you earn more it gets closer to zero. But I spend back my cash to put it back to positive. I now find it very hard to play this game frequently now. Collecting all buildings and 24h tasks kick me to negative. I keep buying houses but can't spend fast enough. If I store too many buildings in worried about storing characters by mistake with the buildings. Buying bloodmobiles take too long to click the donut boxes unless I have more than 1-2 hours at a time. I bought some walls earlier while it was out for multiplier it doesn't help for cash. Wish there is a way to keep the xp earning but store cash in a different way. Can EA raise the cash cap?

to state for the millionth time, there is no cash cap, it displays the value as negative but it is not negative...hence why you can spend money to go under the 32-bit limit number and it goes back positive. if you collect another $2.1b it may go to 0 but you will have $4.2b. there may be something they can do with 32-bit, but this is a known issue in 32-bit gaming, if they upgrade to 64-bit the limit will be multiples higher.

if they did place a cap on cash, this issue would not be happening but people would then complain about the cap which is why they let it keep earning despite it showing as negative.

if your biggest problem in this game is you have so much cash you have to spend hours buying and selling bloodmobiles, then i think you are in a good position. the obvious solution here is to stop sending people on tasks and clearing your springfield if you dont want so much cash.
  • Once you get to level 939, and buy all the land, there is nothing left to do with cash except to farm donuts. Turn on the XP collider, buy and resell KEMs, bloodmobiles, rat trap trucks, or the aspirational items. Do something with that cash, and put it to use.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Once you get to level 939, and buy all the land, there is nothing left to do with cash except to farm donuts. Turn on the XP collider, buy and resell KEMs, bloodmobiles, rat trap trucks, or the aspirational items. Do something with that cash, and put it to use.

there is no reason to have $2b in cash unless you do not need donuts. there will be a point where you have so much resources you have "beat" the game...you can either keep playing events, keep playing with your town design, or just start over from level 1 again and play again. if you want to add some challenge back to your game, store some of your stuff so your multiplier is not so high.
  • This all has to do with the way in which computers store integers. The value is too big to fit in the space allocated, so it "overflows." The result of an integer overflow is to change the sign of the number. (You can overflow with a large negative number as well as a large positive number.) The only real fix is to use a larger storage area for the value. Programmers have to do that. The "tech support" people wouldn't know anything about this.
  • If they store SH points as one hundredth of it's displayed value (because the lowest value that can be earned is 100 REVP, i.e. two pointless zeros) then SH could go up to 200bn limit. :)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Y2K finally hit Springfield :D:D:D
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • evant13579 wrote: »
    Tested many times. I can tell you for sure the limit is 2.14 something billion. Then over it gets to negative 2.14 something billions then if you earn more it gets closer to zero. But I spend back my cash to put it back to positive. I now find it very hard to play this game frequently now. Collecting all buildings and 24h tasks kick me to negative. I keep buying houses but can't spend fast enough. If I store too many buildings in worried about storing characters by mistake with the buildings. Buying bloodmobiles take too long to click the donut boxes unless I have more than 1-2 hours at a time. I bought some walls earlier while it was out for multiplier it doesn't help for cash. Wish there is a way to keep the xp earning but store cash in a different way. Can EA raise the cash cap?

to state for the millionth time, there is no cash cap, it displays the value as negative but it is not negative...hence why you can spend money to go under the 32-bit limit number and it goes back positive. if you collect another $2.1b it may go to 0 but you will have $4.2b. there may be something they can do with 32-bit, but this is a known issue in 32-bit gaming, if they upgrade to 64-bit the limit will be multiples higher.

if they did place a cap on cash, this issue would not be happening but people would then complain about the cap which is why they let it keep earning despite it showing as negative.

if your biggest problem in this game is you have so much cash you have to spend hours buying and selling bloodmobiles, then i think you are in a good position. the obvious solution here is to stop sending people on tasks and clearing your springfield if you dont want so much cash.

This post made me smile. And the post you quoted is the ultimate first world problems.

168sean168 wrote: »

i think enough people have given you advice here. did you try spending some of your cash to get back below the threshold? you dont have to, but if you want to prove that you still have all your cash just try it once before you keep accumulating. this is a known issue due to the 32 bit system interface as another poster mentioned.

Hi I am not accumulating anymore. The accumulation of cash would bring down the negative amount. So I am now at -2.09B. I am not sure if the sign will flick back to positive.
  • Tested many times. I can tell you for sure the limit is 2.14 something billion. Then over it gets to negative 2.14 something billions then if you earn more it gets closer to zero. But I spend back my cash to put it back to positive. I now find it very hard to play this game frequently now. Collecting all buildings and 24h tasks kick me to negative. I keep buying houses but can't spend fast enough. If I store too many buildings in worried about storing characters by mistake with the buildings. Buying bloodmobiles take too long to click the donut boxes unless I have more than 1-2 hours at a time. I bought some walls earlier while it was out for multiplier it doesn't help for cash. Wish there is a way to keep the xp earning but store cash in a different way. Can EA raise the cash cap?

Yes I think you had the same issue as me. Spending would in fact increase the size of the negative number. Earning cash is decreasing the number. Did you try to spend to see what happen if it exceed in magnitude of - 2.149 B plus , the supposedly limit ?

Hi spending cash will in fact increase the magnitude of negative number.
  • 168sean168
    3847 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Does this mean I need to actually spend 2.1B so that the system will flush it back to zero? Even though visually , spending is increasing the negative number?
  • phew good thing i'm at 1.001.269.064$
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Hi evant I think I get what you mean. You want me to spend money so that my real cash position goes below 2.14 B, despite what is being shown which is a negative number that is increasing in magnitude as I spent?
  • You go from 0 to 2147483647, then when you actually have 2147483648 it displays as "-2147483648", when you actually have 3000000000 it displays as "-852516352", and so on... UNTIL you approach "-1" which means you accumulated 4294967295. Then add another, say, 100, and it will wrap around and you actually have 99. Using 32-bit numbers, the game won't be able to know at this point that you should have a lot more, so you basically lose everything. (Then again, if you had so much money and didn't spend it, it probably won't matter to you anyway. :) )

Depending on how the game calculates internally, there may actually be problems once the display turns negative already - the display apparently is signed, and it's fine (until 4294967295) if there are only unsigned comparisons in the game engine, but if there's a signed comparison somewhere (i.e. max. is 2147483647), it will say you don't have enough money... I'd try to stay below 2147483647 just in case...