EA Forums - Banner

When's it time to stop sending people on random tasks?

Prev1
I now have over 70 million, when is enough, enough? There's no reason for me to send my town on random tasks, but it's become too much of a habit.

Replies

• They're entertaining and, what if my mom was right about idle hands being the devil's workshop? All those idle characters...
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

• XP farming is what keeps most people tapping consistently throughout the day...if you dont need anymore cash and dont need XP, i guess not much of a reason except to increase your reserves
  • Rich0913 wrote: »
    I now have over 70 million, when is enough, enough? There's no reason for me to send my town on random tasks, but it's become too much of a habit.
    You answered your own question.
    If it becomes too much of anything simply don't send them. When the feeling to send again arises, pick it up again.
    unless you have unlimited donuts you can turn $ to rat trap trucks to donuts which keeps me wanting to task people

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
    unless you have unlimited donuts you can turn $ to rat trap trucks to donuts which keeps me wanting to task people

How does one have unlimited donuts? Do you need to have unlimited real world cash? Can you get unlimited donuts if you have unlimited time to farm donuts?
  • I have over 200 million in cash. If you buy Rat trucks or blood mobiles, you can get donuts (with a high xp bonus). Then you sell the stuff back for some cash back. I pretty much sit on 7000 donuts at all times. I just replenish my donuts after an event with this method.
  • I, does help to get most of your characters off the street, in an event where your trying to track down snakes rabbits and turkeys
  • I keep tasking mine mainly for the XP for bonus donuts. I'm also trying to reach 100 million. I'm up to 79 million right now.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Rich0913 wrote: »

How does one have unlimited donuts? Do you need to have unlimited real world cash? Can you get unlimited donuts if you have unlimited time to farm donuts?

My point was that some people farm and donut accumulation is not an issue. I don't farm (large scale), so for me personally having $70m goes quick because of turning game $ into rat trap trucks to donuts. Doing that keeps me wanting to task people constantly. I suppose if some people have unlimited real $ than unlimited donuts is certainly possible for them :D

I try to stick to $50m so that i can purchase new land, buildings, and decos but that can be replenished fairly quickly personally. All other game $ goes to making donuts

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I always have people on tasks as I need the cash for my kem farm
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • AirurandoP
    852 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    If you don't task people you have no reason to log in everyday. I have everyone on 24 hour tasks unless there is an event or daily challenge they're needed for.

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• Help! Can someone explain how you get donuts from Rat trucks (whatever those are) and Bloodmobiles? I am hopelessly clueless.
  • My first event was 2004 Stonecutters

I think you mean 2014?
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Kwik-E-Marts have a better return for the money if you have room. Just google KEM donut farming and click the first link (it also explains rat trap truck/bloodmobile farming)
  • Help! Can someone explain how you get donuts from Rat trucks (whatever those are) and Bloodmobiles? I am hopelessly clueless.

Easy, you just buy them and place them, which increases your XP, which gets you to the next level faster. Every time you level up you get a donut! Once you hit the final level, I think you can still fill up the XP bar and you can get up to 3 donuts every time you do it.

(Though personally, I use Tiki Bars because you get more XP/$$)
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • I'm just over three million, I guess it's just force of habit to keep sending them.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • How do you guys get so much cash?

I just got over 2 million myself and I am always needing more cash just to get more land, the aspirational buildings or to complete Money Mountain or the Redwood.
  • How do you guys get so much cash?

I just got over 2 million myself and I am always needing more cash just to get more land, the aspirational buildings or to complete Money Mountain or the Redwood.

Increasing your multiplier helps but in all honesty I didn't start to amass cash until after I had bought all the land and finished the aspirationals

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• I farmed until I hit the point tof where it wasn't enjoyable. My entire SH was nothing but multipliers. I nuked my town and focused on redesigning and love it. To answer your question when is it enough it's when you stop enjoying it. Just focus on the aspects of the game you love.