EA Forums - Banner

OT: So I have a band

Nice song Cobriendubs :) Didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The biggest surprise though was the familiar scenery in the video. Are you guys Irish and/or did you shoot the video in Ireland? It looks like parts of it were shot in Dublin City in Temple Bar (not to mention The Temple Bar pub being a giveaway :P ) and the river Liffey at the end.

P.s. which one are you in the band?

Replies

• cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013
    Nice song Cobriendubs :) Didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The biggest surprise though was the familiar scenery in the video. Are you guys Irish and/or did you shoot the video in Ireland? It looks like parts of it were shot in Dublin City in Temple Bar (not to mention The Temple Bar pub being a giveaway :P ) and the river Liffey at the end.

P.s. which one are you in the band?

Thanks!

I love pleasantly surprising people :)

I'm the blonde guy.

Yep, the city stuff is all Temple Bar :)

The rest was shot around Dublin and out in the burbs.

• adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Burns; Excellant!
    Lots of talent there and the video produced is very good. And I'm a professional videographer and editor.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013
    adruralo52 wrote:
    Burns; Excellant!
    Lots of talent there and the video produced is very good.

Thanks!!

I directed and edited the video as well. Very proud of how it turned out :)

I'm a huge movie buff though, so... Spent many thousands of hours preping for this... Mentally ;)

Really appreciate your kind words!
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
  • cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! And thank YOU for taking a minute to watch it!!

:)
  • arentwords
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Nice song and really a great video.
    Actually put down the game in the middle or re-arranging a whole area to watch/listen. Worthwhile OT post :)
  • cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013
    arentwords wrote:
    Nice song and really a great video.
    Actually put down the game in the middle or re-arranging a whole area to watch/listen. Worthwhile OT post :)

Ha! That is a good sign!!!

Thanks a lot!!
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    That sounds great! I'm very jealous of what you guys have accomplished! I wish you much success; keep kicking *!

It's really odd timing that you posted this; I literally just uploaded some demos to SoundCloud in our attempt to find a singer. I guess I can share our crap with you guys! Don't bother if you don't like harder rock music; no reason to punish yourself for no reason! (Disclaimer: this is not polished; we recorded 12 songs in about 8 hours of recording time, so it's a little rough; unlike the great sounds posted above!) https://soundcloud.com/duder22180
  • cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013
    That sounds great! I'm very jealous of what you guys have accomplished! I wish you much success; keep kicking *!

It's really odd timing that you posted this; I literally just uploaded some demos to SoundCloud in our attempt to find a singer. I guess I can share our crap with you guys! Don't bother if you don't like harder rock music; no reason to punish yourself for no reason! (Disclaimer: this is not polished; we recorded 12 songs in about 8 hours of recording time, so it's a little rough; unlike the great sounds posted above!) https://soundcloud.com/duder22180

Thanks man!

Had a listen to your stuff. Are you the guitarist?

I tell you, my personal belief is that the singer is the entire "point" of any band.

I literally auditioned about 80 people in two countries before I found someone I could be be passionate about!!
  • arentwords
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2013

That is a good strong sound!
    Nice work and good luck finding a singer to round out the group.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013

Thanks man!

I tell you, my personal belief is that the singer is the entire "point" of any band.

I literally auditioned about 80 people in two countries before I found someone I could be be passionate about!!

I couldn't agree with you more! We've tried a bunch of singers (not close to 80 yet!), and none of them have "added" to our sound. The best singer we found was a female; I was cool with it knowing how appealing they can be when they sound great (like your singer!), but the other band members weren't on board. We almost had another guy, but cancer got in the way. I realized long ago that our music would be nothing more than a hobby. And yes, I'm the guitarist (aren't we all? lol...those songs hurt to listen to knowing I had to use my backup Marshall amp which sounds like ****.)

thanks for the kind words arentwords
  • cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013

Thanks man!

I couldn't agree with you more! We've tried a bunch of singers (not close to 80 yet!), and none of them have "added" to our sound. The best singer we found was a female; I was cool with it knowing how appealing they can be when they sound great (like your singer!), but the other band members weren't on board. We almost had another guy, but cancer got in the way. I realized long ago that our music would be nothing more than a hobby. And yes, I'm the guitarist (aren't we all? lol...those songs hurt to listen to knowing I had to use my backup Marshall amp which sounds like ****.)

thanks for the kind words arentwords

At this point I only work with female singers. After years of only guys. Just a lot more professional in general.

I like the stuff.

The guitar sound is grand really. You know.

At this point I just use a 50 watt hand made tube head as a clean platform, then pedals galore.

We play to a click, so... It's a big ol' production. ;)

Best of luck!!
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited February 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013
    Tony68k wrote:
    This is our first bit of promo for our debut record.

Some of you know I'm a musician, but this is the first I've shared my thing here.

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a ton for having a listen!! :)
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited February 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited February 2013
    Very cool, cobriendubs! I'm impressed!!! :D
  • cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013
    tlindfors wrote:
    Very cool, cobriendubs! I'm impressed!!! :D

Thanks a lot!!

• cobriendubs
    70 posts
    edited February 2013
    Just a quick thing, if anyone wants to help spread the word, posting the video on Facebook or Twitter or any other forums would be sooooooo helpful!

Not asking you to, but if you wanted to, that would be the thing that would help the most... Aside from giant sacks of cash...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!