EA Forums - Banner

The Springfield Community Association

2Next

Replies

• tarask444
    13 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thanks to the OP for this process! I have gained several very nice SF's since putting my info out here. I don't know if they came from this post, but I'm giving you all the credit just the same! And thanks to RobDaniel76 for the feedback on my,and other towns, from the post. Very neighborly indeed! Can't wait until I have more time to explore them all and find all their little treasures!
  • danbecker75
    31 posts
    edited February 2013
    ============================
    THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: danbecker75

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? Probably not. Already cleaned out inactive friends. Might accept active forum members

CURRENT LEVEL: 25

CONFORM-O-METER RATING: *****

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Once in morning and often in evening.

ARE YOU A HOUSE FARMER? A reformed farmer. No more.

ARE YOU A VANDAL? Yes, when I'm not hunting hearts.

ARE YOU PLAYING THE CURRENT SEASONAL THEME? Yes, Valentine's Day

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: Burns manor

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: duffs brewery,

PREMIUM CHARACTERS: Shauna, Kang

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Springfield sign, Burns limo

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: schoolyard

YOUR IDEAL NEIGHBOR-EENOS

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? Yes

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? House farmers are fine if it is tucked in a corner and not outrageously large.

LIST ANY OTHER PREFERENCES YOU HAVE FOR NEW NEIGHBORS: like seeing what others have done.

OPTIONAL

REFERENCES

LIST ANY FORUM NEIGHBORS YOU WISH (Please use their forum name, NOT Origin ID)
    This question was recommended by lissarv68. I don't have references, I'm afraid.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rhapsodyblue
    10 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thanks @ RobDaniel76 for the mention and compliment! I'm almost always changing things here and there. And thank you for creating a forum where like minded players can find each other by submitting an application. So far, I am not disappointed.

I like what @ RobDaniel76 did with the group of brown houses - like a camp or retreat!

I am very impressed with what @rollo1986 did with the prison!

I agree with @tarask444's execution of Burns' mansion. I also personally like how he also laid out the Valentine ice cream shop and flower shop together.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Bump
  • lia_tenku
    28 posts
    edited February 2013
    I've been trying to * through my hastily added Valentines Day friends, so this thread is a blessing!

THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: lia_tenku

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? Yes

CONFORM-O-METER RATING: ****

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Several times a day

ARE YOU A HOUSE FARMER? No

ARE YOU A VANDAL? Yes

ARE YOU PLAYING THE CURRENT SEASONAL THEME? Valentines Day

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: Krabappels Apartment/Sir Putts-A-Lot

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: Krustylu, Duff Brewery, Aztec, etc.

PREMIUM ITEMS: SVT, Dr. Nick, Otto, Moleman, Lard Lad, etc.

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Volcano Lair, Springfield Sign

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: The Gilded Truffle and the poor part of town!

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? Yes, my town isn't huge (yet) and as long as there's some structure I don't mind a small town

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? a small out of the way one is okay, but I really think they're eyesores. It's fine to have multiples of houses but make several neighborhoods with different buildings for goodness sake!

LIST ANY OTHER PREFERENCES YOU HAVE FOR NEW NEIGHBORS: There should be a reason for most locations. You're not gonna put a house in the middle of restaurant row or something silly like that. I understand when we're working toward more land and haven't a good spot for something (my dog track keeps getting shoved around) but you can still have a well designed town! And if you've got a lot of space I expect to see some creative designs! Also don't be afraid to throw out some decorations!

I'm afraid I don't have any references, and am in the process of getting more land/ and making spaces for the building I have yet to acquire.

• fatboyslick
    36 posts
    edited February 2013

THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: fatboyslick

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? Yes. I cull anyone not playing after 1 month to get rid of those who have given up on th game

CURRENT LEVEL: 25+

CONFORM-O-METER RATING: ****1/2

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Usually 5 times a day

ARE YOU A HOUSE FARMER? Certainly not

ARE YOU A VANDAL? Nope

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: Valentines now complete - saving for the million dollar buildings

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: All of them

PREMIUM CHARACTERS: all of them

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Not so bothered on the items but I've the lemon tree and plenty of the Xmas and halloween items

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: The premium buildings....I strive to have them all

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? Yes as long as they are ready to commit

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? Ideally not

LIST ANY OTHER PREFERENCES YOU HAVE FOR NEW NEIGHBORS:
    God looking city and ready to play

• Georgegiles
    34 posts
    edited February 2013
    THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: Georgegiles

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? Yep! Only if decorated nicely!

CURRENT LEVEL: 26 (Bonus 1)

CONFORM-O-METER RATING: 4.5

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Every 1 or 2 Hours

ARE YOU A VANDAL? Yes, when there is not a major update taking place.

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: Wiggum House

SEASONAL QUEST ITEMS: Nearly All

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: All of them! Volcano Lair, Krustylu Studios, Duff Brewery, Frink's Lab, Aztec Theatre, ect.

PREMIUM CHARACTERS: All (except witch Marge and Mr Plow)

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Lemon Tree, Burns' Limo, Ambulance x2, News Van, etc.

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: Town Hall Plaza with Jebediah Springfield Statue

NEXT MAJOR DECORATING PROJECT: El Chemistri (going to be placed near road junction off of the town square.
  • BerwynEd
    153 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I noticed that sherry was going to bounce friends who were inactive for a few days. unfortunately this is not a good time to bounce friends. I would suspect that most of your mature friends (level 26ers) with well developed towns are in Harp Hell serving an indefinite suspension. I would gladly show you mine if you would show me... but EA will not let me, so all I can do in whine.
  • albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited February 2013
    THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: albertronnie

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? Yes

CONFORM-O-METER RATING: ****

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Several times a day

ARE YOU A VANDAL? Yes, currently sending valentines but will be back to vandalising when this season's over

ARE YOU PLAYING THE CURRENT SEASONAL THEME? Yes, Valentines Day

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: Krabappels Apartment

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: None............. Yet!

PREMIUM ITEMS: Not many, I have Fat Tony & have completed Valentine's Day challenge

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: None

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: I've got the farm & prison tucked in woodland & a distinct residential area & town area, constantly looking to improve it though

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? Yes, as long as there's some structure & player is active, I'm fine with a small town

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? I don't really like house farms but will tolerate a little one if the rest of the town has been designed with thought

LIST ANY OTHER PREFERENCES YOU HAVE FOR NEW NEIGHBOURS: I'd like guys who are playing regularly, have nice thought out designs I can gain inspiration from & will visit regularly.

I'm afraid I don't have any references.
  • jacob0303
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: jacob0303

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? I'm not full, i would like to have other friend to visit.

CURRENT LEVEL: 26

CONFORM-O-METER RATING: *****

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Usually 5 or more times per day

ARE YOU A VANDAL? Yes

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: El Chemistri

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: Frink’s Lab, Volcano Lair, Krustylu Studio, Duff Brewery, School Bus, Springfield Observatory, Lard Lad Donuts, Aztec Theater.

PREMIUM CHARACTERS: Bumblebee Man, SVT, Sideshow Mel, Dr. Nick, Professor Frink, Hank Scorpio, Duffman, Otto.

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Lemon Tree, Burns' Limo X3, Worldwide Broadcast Dish, Butterfly Tent, Apple Tree X20, News Van, Ambulance, Cannon, Tire Fire, Police Car X10, Theterball X5 ...........

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: My Duff Stadium

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? Yes!!!

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? House farmers are fine if it is tucked in a corner and your town still has style.

I love getting inspired by my neighbor's towns. Great design makes for a great neighbor!
  • sfldboyxxvi
    10 posts
    edited February 2013

THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: sfldboyxxvi

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? Yes. Members of the Springfield Community Association (assuming active participation) will always have room in my town.

CURRENT LEVEL: 26 bonus level 1

CONFORM-O-METER: 5

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Severely addicted player. Town is always busy with hourly activity until 4pm , then 4 hour activity. Then 12 hour activity.

ARE YOU A HOUSE FARMER? Not in a literal way. I do have neighborhoods of houses that I do collect from but I think they are nicely laid out for know. My home screen is a nice greeting.

ARE YOU A VANDAL? NO

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: Currently building Hibbet family practice and have space for hospital in mind.

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: Duffs, Lard Lad (I intend to purchase other on a monthly basis)

PREMIUM ITEMS: Shaunna, Squeaky Voice Teen, Hans Moleman, Santa Homer, Mr. Plow

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Springfield Sign, Burn's Limo, Chief Wiggums Car, Channel Six News Van

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: I really like my farm area with apple orchards for now. Also I'm pleased with my restaurant area.

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? Yes. We all started this game as a beginner.

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? I understand the need for it but I most certainly don't want to be greeted by a house farm. I'm trying hard to keep mine out of sight or at least look like I have put some effort into it.

Effort. A blob is not interesting. There is so much potential for this game. I am absolutely amazed a wht I have encountered in my journeys through the forums and other people's towns.

As I am new to the forums I don't have any references. :oops:

Keep up the amazing work.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bolshoi429
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: bolshoi429

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? Yes. Members of the Springfield Community Association (assuming active participation) will always have room in my town.

CURRENT LEVEL: 26 bonus level 2

CONFORM-O-METER: 4.5 Lacking in Gluttony.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Several times per day. More on weekends.

ARE YOU A HOUSE FARMER? Not in The conventional sense. As I purchase land, I will often install a group of 5 brown houses to temporarily occupy the space. As time passes, I will eventually find the inspiration as to how to best use the area. Once a plan is made, I'll purchase more land, move my 5 brown houses and develop the newly vacated land. I currently have 4 brown house groups and can't forsee building any more. My brown house groups are like a model for itinerant developers.

ARE YOU A VANDAL? Yes please. May I have another?

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: Just built Channel 6. Have plans ready for Hibbert Family Practice, the Hospital, and El Chemistri.

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: Lard Lad, Krustylu, School Bus

PREMIUM ITEMS: Shaunna, Squeaky Voice Teen, Hans Moleman, Kearney, Otto

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Burn's Limo, Police Car x2, Ambulance x2, Channel Six News Van

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: It is zoned. There is a high tech zone, an old residential district, a shopping district, an entertainment district in the "Old town". Separated by a river, the "New Town" is primarily upscale residential that envelops facilities that used to be on the periphery like the penetentiary and cemetary.

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? Yes. We all started this game as a beginner.

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? The pleasure that I derive from the game comes from the effort that I put into the design of my town. One cannot deny that there is an economic drive to use house farms, but one can be both rational and aesthetically sensitive as how they go about it.

This game has no winners, nor losers. I feel like a winner when I put some effort into it. I'd appreciate my neighbors if they had a similar outlook. I look forward to the shock and awe of other's creativity in the design of their own towns.
  • reddragon926
    14 posts
    edited February 2013
    Genius idea.

I would much rather put a little effort into finding good neighbors that I can enjoy visiting, than just picking out some random people in an "Add Me" thread.
    Invariably, they are either raging house farmers, or think that having Every. Single. Premium. Item. crammed into a corner makes for a good Springfield.

More often than not, these are also the people that never, ever visit my town (despite me visiting EVERYbody every day)- and a big hats off to EA for the 'signatures' on the valentines, because now I KNOW who's visiting and who's a lazy good-for-nothing.
  • RobDaniel76
    18 posts
    edited October 2013
    Started playing again after an extended break - time to dust off the old Community Association! Here's the updated application...happy haunting:

Welcome to the Springfield Community Association!

TO APPLY FOR GREAT NEIGHBOR-EENOS
    Copy and paste the application below, using it to fill in details for your Springfield. As your Springfield changes, update your post with appropriate details.

TO FIND GREAT NEIGHBOR-EENOS
    Browse through the applications to find a great fit. Rather than starting with the most recent posts, simply look for when the post was last updated at the bottom of each application.

THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: robdaniel637

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? YES!

CURRENT LEVEL: 31

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? At least twice a day

ARE YOU A VANDAL? Yes, when I'm not haunting

ARE YOU PLAYING THE CURRENT SEASONAL THEME? Yes, Halloween

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: Skinner House

SQUIDPORT: Yes

KRUSTYLAND: Yes

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: Krustylu Studios, Community Center

PREMIUM CHARACTERS: Bumblebee Man, SVT, Sideshow Mel, Dr. Nick

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Lemon Tree, Burns' Limo

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: My Kamp Krusty-themed Lake Springfield area

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? Yes!!!

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? House farmers are fine if it is tucked in a corner and your town still has style.

I love getting inspired by my neighbor's towns. Great design makes for a great neighbor!

If you have any ideas for questions that should appear here, add them to your application and I will update this main post from time to time. I'm looking forward to reading all the applications that get submitted!
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited October 2013
    THE BASICS

YOUR ORIGIN ID: Learnedcynic

CURRENTLY SEEKING NEIGHBORS? YES!

CURRENT LEVEL: 35

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY? Every 2 hours

ARE YOU A HOUSE FARMER? Not at the moment, but depends if I need money.

ARE YOU A VANDAL? No, it takes too long

ARE YOU PLAYING THE CURRENT SEASONAL THEME? Yes, Halloween

YOUR SPRINGFIELD

MOST RECENT MAIN QUEST BUILDING: The Highschool

SQUIDPORT: Yes

KRUSTYLAND: Yes

PREMIUM BUILDINGS: All of them except Try n Save and Sprawlmart

PREMIUM CHARACTERS: All of them except Disco Stu and Lugash

NOTABLE PREMIUM ITEMS: Supercollider, Mapple, Swanky Fish

FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR TOWN: My woods area

ARE YOU OKAY WITH NEW PLAYERS (SMALL TOWNS)? No! They always quit playing after a few months

ARE YOU OKAY WITH HOUSE FARMERS? YES!!! Who cares? It means you're invested in the game.

LIST ANY OTHER PREFERENCES YOU HAVE FOR NEW NEIGHBORS: Longterm players who have at least 14,000 goo
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.