EA Forums - Banner

I didn't like it. (edit)

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Way too early for me to make a decision. Nothing that makes me hate it yet.
  • Again... long time player (this is my second acct.) but this event will be the final straw. It WAS RUSHED. It's not snowing one bit. The decorations are rehashed crap from the clash of clones update years back.

Where's the holiday cheer? Would have loved a Jewish themed event, though not Christmas... still could have brought the spirit of the holidays. Paganism is pretty dark in content.
  • A bit to soon for me to judge but I do agree that this update doesn't feel very Christmas-y, I'm not into pagan stuff.
  • I'm very disappointed about this to. Not much to buy from the store so looks like they won't get much money off me this holiday. Will continue to play it tho.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • pollardjkp wrote: »
    8compte wrote: »
    It was a rush job. Not even snowing. Sorry but looks like the game is finally winding down. Great run though.

You're overthinking this.. I don't see this at all.

No they aren't. This app can't afford a weak showing. If sales tank... it's all but done. I see squat here to buy. Every winter event, I buy everything. (Just me, but others are probably like me) This year, I barely bought anything... even for THOH. Now this, Won't buy anything. Of course unless I hack my account and have unlimited donuts. But that's not putting money in EAs pockets. So yeah... done.
  • Yeah, why can't they stick to traditional Christmas decorations, like pine trees, you know, stuff that didn't get its origin in pagan celebration of the winter solstice.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • wiedmannaj wrote: »
    Yeah, why can't they stick to traditional Christmas decorations, like pine trees, you know, stuff that didn't get its origin in pagan celebration of the winter solstice.

::: eye roll :::
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • This event is diabolical. I seriously hope EA makes no profit during this event because quite frankly they don't deserve to. This is shockingly bad. WORST Christmas update EVER.
    Yeah, why can't they stick to traditional Christmas decorations, like pine trees, you know, stuff that didn't get its origin in pagan celebration of the winter solstice.
    I see you paid attention to Lisa in the beginning of this act.

I see you paid attention to Lisa in the beginning of this act.
    Hahahahaha

• lol the update has not been out for more than 60 minutes........ ctfd
  • Yeah, like most major events I'm gonna give it a day or two before I judge. Honestly from a design perspective this works. I have a big enough Holiday section and all this pagan stuff might make a nice bridge between that area and my Halloween section. We'll see.

Because no everyone in this world celebrates Christmas. Those of us who don't may not be comfortable with all the Christmas decorations. I'm willing to give this pagan holiday theme a chance.
  • I've played this game since day 1 and see people complain about events. ALL events up to this point I've enjoyed. Except this one. SUCKS! Add snow, or some outdoor snow activities. Loved Ned snowmobiling, Homer building snowman, lisa snow angles, Bart snow fight, Santa Homer delivering presents. This update sucks too much and doesn't feel like Christmas at all....Thanks Trump
  • tbolin1123477
    216 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm not thrilled with it either. Will play of course, but would have rather had penguins and reindeer :(
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I love the theme, but I celebrate Winter Solstice ;) I don't think it's dark. Dark would be Krampus! That said, the store options are slim pickings, which is really disappointing. I was hoarding enough donuts for a nice xmas building, but I guess not. Shoulda bought the drive-in at Halloween.

I love Christmas, too, so I'm hoping they segue into presents and Santa later in the event...
  • Prizes really suck but I like the lumber yard.
  • ve8eC5Bov2nBe.gif
    You're welcome
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I just want Plow King.
  • Is it worse than CofC