EA Forums - Banner

Completely Goes Against My Beliefs

2Next

Replies

• jaimie1177 wrote: »
    I get this is a game and I'm rolling with it but it is interesting, and really no different than real life, that Christians are made fun of. Its 'perfectly ok to berate Christians but no other religion' and that is evident here. They have made fun of a range of things but this event is really anti Christian. I get what the OP is saying.

Do you though?
  • 8compte wrote: »
    Everyone has a right to their opinion. Unfortunately when you make it public you open the door to haters wanting to bash you for expressing it.

Everyone has a right to their opinion just like everyone has a right to call you out for your ****, stupid opinion.
    I get this is a game and I'm rolling with it but it is interesting, and really no different than real life, that Christians are made fun of. Its 'perfectly ok to berate Christians but no other religion' and that is evident here. They have made fun of a range of things but this event is really anti Christian. I get what the OP is saying.

You're joking, right? In America, Christian persecution is not a real thing. White Christian Americans are privileged up to their eyeballs. Go chat with a Muslim, or a Sikh, or an atheist, or really any non-Christian in America, and ask how awesome they're always treated in regards to their religion or religious dress, and how they're never, ever made fun of in person or in the media, and how if anyone ever tries, bystanders immediately jump in and say "not cool! Respect!". I'll wait.

There is a HUGE difference between "persecution" and "not being specifically catered to every once in a while".
  • Christians enjoy lots of types of humor and are capable of enjoying satire and other forms of mockery in good fun. Notice that I said in GOOD fun. Judge not. Have respect for the consumers who are utterly appalled by what the company has done. Go read TSTO Addicts online. They got it exactly right.
    moyaimya wrote: »
    You can mock Christians all you want. It doesn't change the fact that a lot of people really are upset about what EA has done here to a large segment of their fan base. I wish I could get the $ back I spent on donuts to play this event. I really do.

A real Christian would not watch the Simpsons, and NEVER play a video game based on the show. The show mocks Christianity, and other religions, makes fun of those who are affronted by the mockery, and goes out of its way to poke fun at their beliefs. If you are a Christian you need to either quit playing right now so as to not incur the wrath of god, or lighten up and take the content for what it is, satire.

And then to top it off, you aren't worried about the content corrupting christians, you show your real love, money, by asking for what you spent back. I believe greed is still a deadly sin, is it not?

• Well said.
  • SatanicWarma5ter
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    All hail the black goat lol come on dude it's Christmas aren't you supposed to be caring and loving and ****
  • Here's a nice Christmas a Christmas song for your spread your cheeks shove my fist and you can scream no one's listening strolling along wearing a **** walking in my women's underwear lololol AoW
  • moyaimya wrote: »
    Christians enjoy lots of types of humor and are capable of enjoying satire and other forms of mockery in good fun. Notice that I said in GOOD fun. Judge not. Have respect for the consumers who are utterly appalled by what the company has done. Go read TSTO Addicts online. They got it exactly right.
    moyaimya wrote: »
    You can mock Christians all you want. It doesn't change the fact that a lot of people really are upset about what EA has done here to a large segment of their fan base. I wish I could get the $ back I spent on donuts to play this event. I really do.

A real Christian would not watch the Simpsons, and NEVER play a video game based on the show. The show mocks Christianity, and other religions, makes fun of those who are affronted by the mockery, and goes out of its way to poke fun at their beliefs. If you are a Christian you need to either quit playing right now so as to not incur the wrath of god, or lighten up and take the content for what it is, satire.

And then to top it off, you aren't worried about the content corrupting christians, you show your real love, money, by asking for what you spent back. I believe greed is still a deadly sin, is it not?

Appalled? Where are these audacious uses of language coming from? EA haven't done anything appalling whatsoever.

You're joking, right? In America, Christian persecution is not a real thing. White Christian Americans are privileged up to their eyeballs. Go chat with a Muslim, or a Sikh, or an atheist, or really any non-Christian in America, and ask how awesome they're always treated in regards to their religion or religious dress, and how they're never, ever made fun of in person or in the media, and how if anyone ever tries, bystanders immediately jump in and say "not cool! Respect!". I'll wait.

There is a HUGE difference between "persecution" and "not being specifically catered to every once in a while".

Often it is the Christians persecuting those groups too. (Well, they aren't really Christian in my eyes.)

These people who think Christians are persecuted because everyone doesn't cater to their exact wishes are the bane of my existence, they truly are.

I respect all beliefs (unless harmful to other people,) because I understand that not everyone is the sameand everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm atheist, but I'm not going to start going around mocking people for believing in God, because I respect these people and wish for them the same happiness that I enjoy in life.