EA Forums - Banner

I didn't like it. (edit)

Replies

  • Okay the events been out for three days. you have a fourteen page topic on the forum filled with people who hate the update. I say that it is getting to the point where its getting kinda tedious at this point to bash the update, because the update is here to stay. if you dont like the general idea of the update than fine, dont play it. if you dont like the prizes, than yet again, dont play it. You are entitled to your opinion but it is getting to the point where so many people are saying the same thing and the forum is getting clogged up with hate posts. will this all go on the rest of the time this update happens? I think there is no winning with this forum. You want something new, you got something new. You want a shorter update you got a shorter update. most people who have played tapped out for any length of time have many different kinds of christmas decorations and christmas items. I feel like it is getting to the point where all the people who dont like the update should just stop playing and stop chastising everyone who is playing. why cant i just have a forum full of tips and tricks to do this update like i normally have instead of a forum full of haters? when will we get to a point where all of you just quit bashing and let the rest of us play?

    I don't know if this is directed at me. The issue is that if you do something really well, for a long time, and then suddenly people feel like that has changed, fans are going to express their dissatisfaction. This game is done really well and it isn't that people aren't appreciative of what's been done in the past, I think people fear that something they really enjoy is changing into something they may no longer like, and perhaps that's worth trying to save. I don't know about you, but I don't just walk away from things that are disappointing, I try and figure out a way to fix it. There's a difference between complaining and protesting. Sure it's just a game, but I think it's worth a bit of an uproar, if it's important to you.

    In any forum, people make things personal, and that's where the fighting starts, but for the most part I'd say that fourteen pages of commenting means that a lot of people are disappointed because something they love has been changed drastically and they are concerned.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    a lot of people are disappointed because something they love has been changed drastically and they are concerned.

    But what has changed ? We still have Santas, snowmen, trees, decorations, fairy lights, Christmas carols, reindeer, Toy workshop, festive food stands, snow, music - this is all plenty Xmassy. EA haven't taken away the snow or massively altered the game mechanics. Where is the "drastic" change ?

  • bluntcard wrote: »
    a lot of people are disappointed because something they love has been changed drastically and they are concerned.

    But what has changed ? We still have Santas, snowmen, trees, decorations, fairy lights, Christmas carols, reindeer, Toy workshop, festive food stands, snow, music - this is all plenty Xmassy. EA haven't taken away the snow or massively altered the game mechanics. Where is the "drastic" change ?

    Oh, let it go. You just want to argue. How many random events and mini events are there every year? Lots. Some are great, some or strange, but that's expected. For some people ( not everyone ) it's nice to have an idea of what is coming at the end of the year. Halloween and Winter holidays. You obviously don't like Christmas, so you got one more random event, and so good for you. Enjoy it. I still stand my my claim that this event is very slow, very dark and honestly boring. It's rehashed prizes mostly. Maybe we are being punished by EA for all the donut farming.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    bluntcard wrote: »
    For some people ( not everyone ) it's nice to have an idea of what is coming at the end of the year.
    Two replies on this. I know you didn't mean it this way, but imagine you were talking about presents. I think the nice thing is not knowing. We still know we are getting presents (winter event) we just don't know what's inside it (pagan? Hanukkah? Xmas?). It sounds fair and enjoyable to me. I was pre-bored "knowing" we'd get a Santa-style event (socks)...then we didn't!

    Secondly, it's been reported that knowing the outcome to anything (like books, games, life) can help us enjoy that thing more than going in blind. That doesn't have to mean spoilers, it could just mean knowing how many days are in this event. My point there was just that you're not too far off, but that doesn't mean our expectations should always be granted. It means more that we accept it as it is and enjoy it or conclude we won't enjoy it and take the appropriate measures.
    Post edited by simp7fan on
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Still enjoying the F out of this update.
    Merry Christmas everybody!
  • Nothing wrong with the event. What I really don't like though are black olives.....
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    For some people ( not everyone ) it's nice to have an idea of what is coming at the end of the year.
    Two replies on this. I know you didn't mean it this way, but imagine you were talking about presents. I think the nice thing is not knowing. We still know we are getting presents (winter event) we just don't know what's inside it (pagan? Hanukkah? Xmas?). It sounds fair and enjoyable to me. I was pre-bored "knowing" we'd get a Santa-style event. (socks)...then we didn't!

    Secondly, it's been reported that knowing the outcome to anything (like books, games, life) can help us enjoy that thing more than going in blind. That doesn't have to mean spoilers, it could just mean knowing how many days are in this event. My point there was just that you're not too far off, but that doesn't mean our expectations should always be granted. It means more that we accept it as it is and enjoy it or conclude we won't enjoy it and take the appropriate measures.

    Guess that's why 273 people responded and 13.2K viewed this thread because my post was so random and unfounded.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • That's a different thing. People see "hate" and that piques their interest. They want to know what reasons you have to hate it, not just to agree or disagree. Then, when you're in the thread, you want to set those straight who have disagreeable opinions. Count them if you like, but this isn't a unified "sign here if you agree" thread. Example, our two last posts. They are posts that are arguments not just agreements. Half the posts here are probably all by like 4 guys, some of which is just straight trolling. I can't count this as important. Some people just like to argue.... Some people find it fun.... And some really mean what they say and are basically ignoring the game part of this. We're not in Game Discussion anymore, Toto. ;)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    That's a different thing. People see "hate" and that piques their interest. They want to know what reasons you have to hate it, not just to agree or disagree. Then, when you're in the thread, you want to set those straight who have disagreeable opinions. Count them if you like, but this isn't a unified "sign here if you agree" thread. Example, our two last posts. They are posts that are arguments not just agreements. Half the posts here are probably all by like 4 guys, some of which is just straight trolling. I can't count this as important. Some people just like to argue.... Some people find it fun.... And some really mean what they say and are basically ignoring the game part of this. We're not in Game Discussion anymore, Toto. ;)

    No. You are wrong :) Merry Christmas.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    That's a different thing. People see "hate" and that piques their interest. They want to know what reasons you have to hate it, not just to agree or disagree. Then, when you're in the thread, you want to set those straight who have disagreeable opinions. Count them if you like, but this isn't a unified "sign here if you agree" thread. Example, our two last posts. They are posts that are arguments not just agreements. Half the posts here are probably all by like 4 guys, some of which is just straight trolling. I can't count this as important. Some people just like to argue.... Some people find it fun.... And some really mean what they say and are basically ignoring the game part of this. We're not in Game Discussion anymore, Toto. ;) [/quoteI
    simp7fan wrote: »
    That's a different thing. People see "hate" and that piques their interest. They want to know what reasons you have to hate it, not just to agree or disagree. Then, when you're in the thread, you want to set those straight who have disagreeable opinions. Count them if you like, but this isn't a unified "sign here if you agree" thread. Example, our two last posts. They are posts that are arguments not just agreements. Half the posts here are probably all by like 4 guys, some of which is just straight trolling. I can't count this as important. Some people just like to argue.... Some people find it fun.... And some really mean what they say and are basically ignoring the game part of this. We're not in Game Discussion anymore, Toto. ;)

    I like this a lot. Good summary. We all want a thread where everyone agrees sometimes, but we all need to realise that we're all unique and special, and we should believe that something we'll like is just around the corner, no matter whether people disagree or not.

    Would it not be useful to close the thread now? There are other ways to register opinions (like specifics for example) that everyone can start over in.
  • parkna1234
    126 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Oh, apologies for the wrong formatting. I think I accidentally backspaced over the quote brackets a little.
  • jukan00 wrote: »
    Still enjoying the F out of this update.
    Merry Christmas everybody!

    ME TOO! I don't want it to end!!
  • parkna1234 wrote: »
    I like this a lot. Good summary.
    Thanks.
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Merry Christmas.
    Happy non-denominational Holidays.

    ;)

    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I am REALLY unhappy that the Goat Ice statue doe not center on my Mayan Sacrifice stone..
    Taco_BeIIe wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the event. What I really don't like though are black olives.....

    This is the most interesting thing i have read in this thread... Why no olives?
    It's all the the gluten in them isn't it? :|
  • I am REALLY unhappy that the Goat Ice statue doe not center on my Mayan Sacrifice stone..
    Taco_BeIIe wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the event. What I really don't like though are black olives.....

    This is the most interesting thing i have read in this thread... Why no olives?
    It's all the the gluten in them isn't it? :|

    I can't explain it G. However stuff something inside a big old green olive and I'm all over that...
  • ghallmark814
    2343 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Taco_BeIIe wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the event. What I really don't like though are black olives.....

    This is the most interesting thing i have read in this thread... Why no olives?
    It's all the the gluten in them isn't it? :|
    Taco_BeIIe wrote: »
    I can't explain it G. However stuff something inside a big old green olive and I'm all over that...

    TBH I think they ruin a Pizza.. but you are right about the green ones, sometimes I find them in the strangest places.. like drinks.. and you know what, they never fail to make me happy. :D
  • jukan00 wrote: »
    Still enjoying the F out of this update.
    Merry Christmas everybody!

    ME TOO! I don't want it to end!!

    +1
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • WTH?
    Why are my posts from GD quoting in here?

    This inter web thingamification is hard! I think I need a new router on my browser. :/
  • WTH?
    Why are my posts from GD quoting in here?

    This inter web thingamification is hard! I think I need a new router on my browser. :/

    I blame the pagans and their scorcery
  • Taco_BeIIe wrote: »
    WTH?
    Why are my posts from GD quoting in here?

    This inter web thingamification is hard! I think I need a new router on my browser. :/

    I blame the pagans and their scorcery

    Or the nonpagans.....

    One of them
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!