EA Forums - Banner

Winter 2016: Mystery Gift Bonanza

Replies

• aabcampos wrote: »
    I think you win 20+2*level every time you catch the gnome.

Not when you level up.

So the higher level you get the better

Yeah it wouldn't make sense to give us the option otherwise. The gnome wouldn't even be active.
  • aabcampos wrote: »
    I think you win 20+2*level every time you catch the gnome.

Not when you level up.

So the higher level you get the better
    correct
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I must have been away from the game during the previous Mystery Box(es), so to clarify:

1. On the 21st, a ton of premium Winter items will become available (the first table).
    2. Buying these premium items for donuts nets you vouchers.
    3. Catching the gnome also gets you vouchers, so the higher the level the gnome box is by the 21st, the better.
    4. The vouchers can be redeemed for a single Mystery Boxes. Silver is the cheapest, Platinum the most expensive. [EDIT: That was unclear; I assume you can buy as many MB as you have vouchers for]
    5. Inside the Mystery Box can be any one of the items listed that you don't already have (so if there are 6 possible items, and you already have 4, you will actually have a 50/50 chance at the remaining two).

Correct?
    Post edited by pbpandapuffs on
  • Hmmm...so how exactly do you get these vouchers?
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    aabcampos wrote: »

I think all Possible Items in Mystery Presents are unique. So if you already have one of them it will not be an option for you to win.

That's fantastic news! So if I have eight out of 10 items for example I will be playing for the leftover 2. That makes for great odds in my favor.

This reminds me of the wheel, actually really reminds me of the wheel.

First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • galaxysm2729
    410 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm missing a lot of the old school items, the ones from 2015 Christmas event I got them most of them. So I'll b happy on whatever I get ^.^
  • Does Wooly Mammoth Pen missing or it's just not earning vouchers? Because the other addional parts of Moe's Exotic Petting Zoo does earn.
  • Yeah, so I was right when I said I would have to spend thousands of donuts to get Mr. Costington.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    No new items in the mystery prizes? I think I have everything on the silver/gold/platinum prize lists :neutral: At least there seems to be plenty of new items in the non-mystery section
  • Is it possible to get the vouchers without spending donuts?
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • yes with the gnome
  • No new items in the mystery prizes? I think I have everything on the silver/gold/platinum prize lists :neutral: At least there seems to be plenty of new items in the non-mystery section

THANK GOD imagine having to go through those (including non unique) just to get new prizes ugh
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    So, for long-time players who've got all free/prizes from past events (Xmas 2013-15 + Whacking Day):

Silver = S'field Animal Shelter
    Gold = Victor's Secret
    Platinum = Sophie Krustofsky, N.Pole Station, Slide Factory, Bear Cave

Annoying how Platinum is 1 in 4 but others are 100% odds. I want a free premium character!! :tongue: But I suppose thems the breaks.
  • louisobyrne
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Anybody care to make a list of the Mystery Present contents without all the things that have previously been freemium?

Edit: Solved my problem before I even had it!
    Linkwick wrote: »
    So, for long-time players who've got all free/prizes from past events (Xmas 2013-15 + Whacking Day):

Gold = Victor's Secret
  • Just speculating, but I reckon 10,400 gift vouchers ought to do it.

Realistically, I reckon I will be lucky if I get 2000 or so, barring any giveaway
  • Linkwick wrote: »

Gold = Victor's Secret

Annoying how Platinum is 1 in 4 but others are 100% odds. I want a free premium character!! :tongue: But I suppose thems the breaks.

I am in the same position as you. I just want Sophie but also don't have the slide factory or north pole station. Hopefully luck will be on our side.
  • meinaz wrote: »

I am in the same position as you. I just want Sophie but also don't have the slide factory or north pole station. Hopefully luck will be on our slide.

FTFY
  • I must have been away from the game during the previous Mystery Box(es), so to clarify:

1. On the 21st, a ton of premium Winter items will become available (the first table).
    3. Catching the gnome also gets you vouchers, so the higher the level the gnome box is by the 21st, the better.
    4. The vouchers can be redeemed for a single Mystery Box. Silver is the cheapest, Platinum the most expensive.
    5. Inside the Mystery Box can be any one of the items listed that you don't already have (so if there are 6 possible items, and you already have 4, you will actually have a 50/50 chance at the remaining two).

Correct?

Is this correct (it's the only wording I understand completely @LPNintendoITA , so is @pbpandapuffs got it? :)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I must have been away from the game during the previous Mystery Box(es), so to clarify:

4. The vouchers can be redeemed for a single Mystery Box. Silver is the cheapest, Platinum the most expensive.

Correct?

Is this correct (it's the only wording I understand completely @LPNintendoITA , so is @pbpandapuffs got it? :)

It's all correct aside from possibly the odds in point 5, each item may have different odds.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • 4. The vouchers can be redeemed for a single Mystery Box. Silver is the cheapest, Platinum the most expensive.
    So you can only get 1 box at all? Or 1 of each type? Or do you mean 1 at a time (like a normal Mystery Box, you buy each one individually)?