EA Forums - Banner

Winter 2016: Mystery Gift Bonanza

Replies

• you can buy as many as you want
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • First of all, sorry about my english. Now, Just my 2 cents on this.
    I guess i got a clue.
    It shows in event menu that we would send people to jobs to:
    Cletus farm, Willie´s, Library and Moe´s.
    Now, looking at what gnome does and will give us we got
    Catnips, Carved Figurines, Books of Shadows, Gift Vouchers

So i guess we will get vouchers from one of those future jobs. (moe´s or Library)
    what do u think?

• dangit forgot the Chicken Fingers
  • Do we know how many gift vouchers are required to buy each of the three categories of mystery boxes?
  • Are there any items in the platinum mystery presents that are not unique?
  • 1000 1400 2000
    they are all unique
  • 1000 1400 2000
    they are all unique

Thank you! I could not make sense of it in the earlier posts.
  • There are currently 5 items that I do not have in the platinum group, but I noticed that 'The Yes Guy' is included in there too, although he is a permanent character (not limited time) in the store. I would really love to get Costingtons and I am wondering if it is better to buy the Yes Guy from the store for 100 donuts before using the voucher(s), otherwise it may be a waste of vouchers if I use them and end up with the Yes Guy.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Mike_Ekim770
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Just had the exact same thought as Muhsterino but I want to expand a little:
    The average is 7 vouchers in return per 1 donut that used for purchase, meaning that 2000 vouchers "cost" around 285 donuts. So if you're aiming for something else that's not the Yes Guy (and you haven't obtain him already) you can find yourself spending another 285 donuts to get another chance which by buying him in advance cost you only 100 donuts.

This is a very rough calculation and it's something that's really depends on how many Platinum items you already have so use it wisely.

Another tip is that items that are part of sale/s usualy disappear before the sale so you may want to grab it as soon as possible.

Post edited by Mike_Ekim770 on
  • @Mike_Ekim770 Thanks for your reply, I did check he was still in the store before I wrote my post above, as I had wondered if EA had removed him already. Seems like I shall be buying The Yes Guy from the store very soon then!
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Mike_Ekim770
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I just checked the entire offers (all the separate items + the Snowman Bundle) and it's an average of 7 vouchers in return for 1 donut so I fixed my post above as it stated 6 (meaning 2000 vouchers = 330 donuts). BUT it's very unlikely that someone don't have any of the items and will buy them all and it's also not including multiples (Reindeer or Festive Trashcan Fire for example).
    Post edited by Mike_Ekim770 on
  • @wiedmannaj thanks! :)
    @Linkwick pretty sure you can buy whichever one as long as you have the vouchers, so save up and get platinum or couple/3 silvers, all up to us. Like, if you have everything in one category or don't want what's left, save up for one of the other 2. Pretty sure that is. ;)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Linkwick wrote: »
    4. The vouchers can be redeemed for a single Mystery Box. Silver is the cheapest, Platinum the most expensive.
    So you can only get 1 box at all? Or 1 of each type? Or do you mean 1 at a time (like a normal Mystery Box, you buy each one individually)?

I meant to edit that (and will now) - per @LPNintendoITA, you can buy as many Mystery Boxes as you have vouchers for. What I meant when I typed that was that the "mystery box" is just that - a single box with a single prize.
    Post edited by pbpandapuffs on
  • wiedmannaj wrote: »
    I must have been away from the game during the previous Mystery Box(es), so to clarify:

1. On the 21st, a ton of premium Winter items will become available (the first table).
    2. Buying these premium items for donuts nets you vouchers.
    3. Catching the gnome also gets you vouchers, so the higher the level the gnome box is by the 21st, the better.
    4. The vouchers can be redeemed for a single Mystery Box. Silver is the cheapest, Platinum the most expensive.
    5. Inside the Mystery Box can be any one of the items listed that you don't already have (so if there are 6 possible items, and you already have 4, you will actually have a 50/50 chance at the remaining two).

Correct?

Is this correct (it's the only wording I understand completely @LPNintendoITA , so is @pbpandapuffs got it? :)

It's all correct aside from possibly the odds in point 5, each item may have different odds.

Oh no, really?? This deal is getting worse all the time!
  • Just been looking through the lists that LPN posted on the first page and by the looks of it it's just a rerelease of old stuff from previous events or have I missed some new stuff buried deeply in there
  • Nothing new
  • Thanks for the reply LPNINTENDOITA, when i was looking through your posted list I thought it was all reissued stuff, oh well that's one less thing to bother with as I already have it from other years.
  • Thank you for this.

I think now I will try and get the Murderhorn - I have most of the rest of the stuff apart from Costingtons but the only other item I don't have in the Platinum category is the Bear Cave.

I think the odds would be stacked towards me winning the Bear Cave somehow.
  • Thank you for this.

I think now I will try and get the Murderhorn - I have most of the rest of the stuff apart from Costingtons but the only other item I don't have in the Platinum category is the Bear Cave.

I think the odds would be stacked towards me winning the Bear Cave somehow.

I'm going to finally get the Murderhorn, too. Unfortunately, all I want from Platinum is the North Pole Station, but there are three others I don't have. So yeah, not liking those odds at all :neutral: There's nothing else I want that gives very many vouchers, so I'll be leveling up the gnome as far as I can!

• just purchased YesMan defensively as suggested. But this leaves probably 4 platinum items still in play which sets me up for an ultra reaming. And there isnt any magic wand to level up the gnome any faster. So theyre making me buy that candy cane guy. Dark genius. (That would have never happened otherwise). And it seems like a couple bad platinum picks and you can run out of vouchers before exhausting the grab bag? That'd be colonoscopy level abuse.