EA Forums - Banner

Hoarding for act 2 - don't hoard: catnip and figurines won't carry over

Replies

• nissa762 wrote: »
    I'm hoarding runes

How are you hoarding runestones? You already have Dunk the Monk?
  • johncolombo
    11237 posts Senior Moderator
    Hi All. I'm just popping in to say there is no need to hoard for act 2.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • nissa762 wrote: »
    I'm hoarding runes

Just not spending them. Am not interested in crafting the monk.

@johncolombo good to know, so we should spend all our crafting and turn in all figurines etc. before act 2?
  • johncolombo
    NaPaSmell wrote: »

Why not?

I'm not sure about the stones they look like they go all the way through but we'll be done with catnip and clay things at the start of act 2.

• NaPaSmell wrote: »

Why not?

I'm not sure about the stones they look like they go all the way through but we'll be done with catnip and clay things at the start of act 2.

Thanks John, I edited my first post to be clear. I'll edit the topic.
  • johncolombo
    nissa762 wrote: »
    I'm hoarding runes

Just not spending them. Am not interested in crafting the monk.

@johncolombo good to know, so we should spend all our crafting and turn in all figurines etc. before act 2?
    I would say yes. I'll see if I can find out more.

• Thanks for the confirmation, rarely do we benefit from getting an official word on these things, and may I say it is most welcome! I would just caution everyone to save a little bit near the end in case your daily prizes keep asking for, say, catnip. You would be well advised to keep a few hundred of both just in case. You can always convert the excess on the last day.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Excuse me, but what proof do we have that act one currency won't carry over to act 2? Serious question.
  • johncolombo
    edited December 2016
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Excuse me, but what proof do we have that act one currency won't carry over to act 2? Serious question.

well as a moderator it would not behove me to make things up. But ultimately it is your choice to hoard or not. I'm just the messanger.

• Hey @johncolombo does that mean that cletus' farm and Willy's shack will be making something different or won't be used in act 2? Do we know?
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Don't worry I trust ya @johncolombo ;)
    Helps when you read the Act 3 walk-through. Without spoiling for everyone three of our crafters, Lisa, Moe & Willie will be busy and not free to make catnip or runes. The opening lines of dialogue help too. My guess is the shack and farm go back to normal and other crafters switch to the library and Moes too.
    Post edited by KillaSqirl on
  • johncolombo
    KillaSqirl wrote: »
    Don't worry I trust ya @johncolombo ;)
    Helps when you read the Act 3 walk-through. Without spoiling for everyone three of our crafters, Lisa, Mor & Willie will be busy and not free to make catnip or runes. The opening lines of dialogue help too. My guess is the shack and farm go back to normal and other crafters switch to the library and Moes too.

Thanks. I've been trying to think it through. It does look like it's set up for 4 currencies, so it's a tad misleading, but if we had to task 4 buildings for 4 currencies there wouldn't be any characters left to do anything else. And even if we had 4 currencies you'd end up with way more canip and clay, while being short on the new currencies. In closing, LOL, there is so much swapping of materials right now and I'm already overwhelmed, I couldn't fathom having to collect swap anything else.
  • johncolombo
    Linkwick wrote: »
    Any other ideas?
    Turn in enough to get as many bonus donuts as you can. Also do the minimum needed to get daily runestones.

This. The runestones seem scare and I'm collecting them at a snail's pace. At least it feels that way.

• The runestones seem scare and I'm collecting them at a snail's pace. At least it feels that way.
    To get to level 7 on the lumber mill, is a very hard grind indeed. I've been on it for two whole days and the end doesn't seem to be in sight yet.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • adruralo52 wrote: »
    The runestones seem scare and I'm collecting them at a snail's pace. At least it feels that way.
    To get to level 7 on the lumber mill, is a very hard grind indeed. I've been on it for two whole days and the end doesn't seem to be in sight yet.
    This.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Excuse me, but what proof do we have that act one currency won't carry over to act 2? Serious question.

well as a moderator it would not behove me to make things up. But ultimately it is your choice to hoard or not. I'm just the messanger.

Nothing personal. Some mods on sites do just that...moderate and aren't closely associated to the page they work. I didn't realize you were a mod. But since you are, and are clearly involved in the game, I believe you and appreciate the info! :smile:
  • johncolombo

Nothing personal. Some mods on sites do just that...moderate and aren't closely associated to the page they work. I didn't realize you were a mod. But since you are, and are clearly involved in the game, I believe you and appreciate the info! :smile:

Thanks I wasn't trying to sound mean and you asked a valid question. It's all good!
    :smile:
  • johncolombo
    on reread of this thread one thing you may want to hoard are daily challenges. They may rollover and become the new currency. Just don't hit claim till part 2 starts and again this is just a guess, I do not know. It's worked in the past.