EA Forums - Banner

Winter 2016: Mystery Gift Bonanza

Replies

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Destiny. The north pole station. Its the only platinum i totally dont want. Therefore, (ergo)...... there's a 100%+ certainty i'll be getting that first. That's how it works. They have some kind of santa claus power to know know which items you consider nice and which would be naughty for them to give you. And the "random" item will always lean toward being naughty. ......eh-Yesssssssss! Misbehaving grab bags. That's how the elf in a box gets you!
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Destiny. The north pole station. Its the only platinum i totally dont want. Therefore, (ergo)...... there's a 100%+ certainty i'll be getting that first. That's how it works. They have some kind of santa claus power to know know which items you consider nice and which would be naughty for them to give you. And the "random" item will always lean toward being naughty. ......eh-Yesssssssss! Misbehaving grab bags. That's how the elf in a box gets you!

This is totally how it's gonna go! The North Pole Station is the only platinum I really DO want, so inevitably I'll get something else. I'm already trying to mentally prepare for disappointment, since I'm not buying the donuts for a second try (especially since the Murderhorn is pretty much the only thing from table 1 I want).

Post edited by pbpandapuffs on
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I just redesigned my SH so I could fit the North Pole Station. It helps that it has no modules. I needs tickets, which means I'm going to have to buy a lot of leftover flaming trash cans.

To get the 11 items I don't have this could cost me as much as 2,340 donuts.
  • Mike_Ekim770
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    petehd14 wrote: »
    I just redesigned my SH so I could fit the North Pole Station. It helps that it has no modules. I needs tickets, which means I'm going to have to buy a lot of leftover flaming trash cans.

To get the 11 items I don't have this could cost me as much as 2,340 donuts.
    While the Festive Trashcan Fire gives you 6.6 vouchers per donut you may consider buying multiple Reindeers (6 vouchers per donut) instead since it'll add you 0.5% multiplier bonus per each. Especially if you're planning to buy a lot.
  • all i want are the springfield mall and costington, i have all the free stuff from winter 2015 event, what should i do/what strategy should i take?
  • Don't forget you'll be able to earn a ticket or two by diligently finding the gnome and upgrading his box.

As far as strategy, these kinds of boxes are all just luck and pseudo-random numbers. When the sale starts just make sure you buy the box that has the prize you actually want and cross your fingers or whatever else you usually do when taking a chance. In the meantime, stock up on donuts for all those reindeer ;)
  • I apologize if this was already covered...do we know how long the Mystery Box offer/game lasts? Trying to guesstimate how many tickets I'll get from the gnome.
  • Destiny. The north pole station. Its the only platinum i totally dont want. Therefore, (ergo)...... there's a 100%+ certainty i'll be getting that first. That's how it works. They have some kind of santa claus power to know know which items you consider nice and which would be naughty for them to give you. And the "random" item will always lean toward being naughty. ......eh-Yesssssssss! Misbehaving grab bags. That's how the elf in a box gets you!

Exactly!! Roflmfao!! :D:D
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I apologize if this was already covered...do we know how long the Mystery Box offer/game lasts? Trying to guesstimate how many tickets I'll get from the gnome.

till jan 3rd
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord

till jan 3rd

Whoo! Thanks LPN!
  • I hope EA give to us the vouchers for the premium items that we aready have. Like they did on July 2015 when SH was released and some old premium items rewards "real state value". (Banana dictatorship, and others, check LPN wiki)

I have almost all premium stuff that gives vouchers. Makes no sense spending hundreds of donuts on reindeers to make a win a prize.

There are so many premium content now.... more than 4 years.

Imagine how it looks for a new player.... how many donuts for the "must have" premium....

That's why EA is selling content with rebates.
  • They don't give retroactive rebate. No business does unless they have a written policy for price adjustments or something like that. EA hasn't given retroactive donut rebates in the past so there's no reason to expect they will give vouchers for stuff you already have.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    jbn1087 wrote: »
    0blique wrote: »
    LPN, I think the vast majority of the people here really appreciate what you are doing here. Information posts like this one are really helpful. Please don't let the voices of a few vocal complainers ruin that.

I completely agree. I believe many of these complainers are just dealing with childish jealousy issues. Keep up the good work my friend.

you all need to calm down and stop acting dramatic, nobody is arguing that what he is posting is not informational, and nobody is jealous. some people like for unreleased and future content post to have a spoiler warning. also to prevent confusion, look at the very first reply "i don't understand", there was not even text in the original post to suggest it was not yet released content or a date.

look through the forum, almost universally posts have "spoiler" in the title if they contain spoilers, even LPN's previous ones. it was just odd he did not on this one. we all love LPN, was just a recommendation to add spoiler to this thread or others if he plans to start releasing future content information on the forum.
  • My town has grown dramatically over the past 12 months, and out of the second list I'm honestly not sure which items I already have, and which ones I don't.
    Hazarding a guess, I'm guessing it'll only show us in game from the 21st which items are available from the second list that we don't already have? That would make life a lot easier. Here's hoping!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Do we get vouchers for each tap of the gnome, or for every time we catch him?
  • probably gradual voucher bucks as you tap him, like how now if he gets away you don't get all his loot.
  • spritals148
    1829 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm guessing since I don't see it or missed it but the Xmas train station will only be available with vouchers? Not to buy with donuts?
    Edit: that's at bummer because I don't see any way I can afford the donuts to get enough vouchers and even if I did, my luck I would get some other platinum prize that I don't want. (Only thing I'd want is the North Pole station. ) oh well, next year? :'(
    Post edited by spritals148 on
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Edit: that's at bummer because I don't see any way I can afford the donuts to get enough vouchers and even if I did, my luck I would get some other platinum prize that I don't want. (Only thing I'd want is the North Pole station. ) oh well, next year? :'(
    Is it the only prize you're missing from the Platinum category? If so you should get enough vouchers from the Gnome for one Platinum try.
  • tbolin1123477
    216 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks @LPNintendoITA for posting. The advance notice really does help those of us that like to plan ahead.

I'm only missing one item from the silver list-the raccoon, have all of the gold, and am missing only the North Pole station. I have *gasp* disassembled and stored my monorail for the time being, but I may still pick it up just in case I want it for future use.

I do plan on buying Duff Center, Candy Cane guy(not sure how I missed him last year??), and REINDEER...excited about them!!

I am actually relieved I won't be stressing out about this part of the event.
  • Linkwick wrote: »
    So, for long-time players who've got all free/prizes from past events (Xmas 2013-15 + Whacking Day):

Silver = S'field Animal Shelter
    Gold = Victor's Secret
    Platinum = Sophie Krustofsky, N.Pole Station, Slide Factory, Bear Cave

Annoying how Platinum is 1 in 4 but others are 100% odds. I want a free premium character!! :tongue: But I suppose thems the breaks.

Just bumping as it buried on p4... 21st is just around the corner.

I'm just going for platinum as I have everything else.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP