EA Forums - Banner

Christmas decorations. Have you put yours up?

Prev13
Well have you? Ours are up mind you though it's just a tree up and window lights and some Christmas ornaments that's it basically. Another question is when do you take yours down? We take ours down on Jan 6th.
My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I haven't. I was going to last weekend but was sick. I will probably get them up this weekend.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I haven't. I was going to last weekend but was sick. I will probably get them up this weekend.
    I've heard people leave theirs till Christmas Eve and take theirs down Boxing Day. So you've got time left :wink:
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• We always put up our decorations the weekend following thanksgiving. We have a tree decorated , stockings and i put up garland and lights around our bar area and this year we got the star shower things we have two if those and one star shower motion . We have more outside lights, but didn't mess with them this year.
    Also, not sure when ill take it all down, sometime after new years day. .
  • @Turkey1010 nice one. Do you get the Christmas feeling when you put them up?
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• We usually do this stuff the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year we were a week late. We dispensed with house lights this time around, but have a couple of decorated trees inside the house. We also set up a large display of Christmas-themed collectible houses and figurines. (Gotta keep that display under a large Plexiglas cover so the cats won’t destroy it!) We typically keep everything up until New Years Day.
  • We usually do this stuff the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year we were a week late. We dispensed with house lights this time around, but have a couple of decorated trees inside the house. We also set up a large display of Christmas-themed collectible houses and figurines. (Gotta keep that display under a large Plexiglas cover so the cats won’t destroy it!) We typically keep everything up until New Years Day.
    Nice one :+1:
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• It may sound weird for most of you but I started to decorate my house for christmas on November 1st! Some people around my town had their balconies and houses already decorated in late october.
  • HomerND84 wrote: »
    @Turkey1010 nice one. Do you get the Christmas feeling when you put them up?

Heck yeah! I love all the lights and greenery. As soon as i wake up i plug in the tree and lights i tangled in the garland.. turn them off when we sleep. Only keave the tree on through the night on christmas eve for santa :# the laser lights turn of usually but the weather is so dreary i turn them off in the morning now. How about everyonr else?
  • Turkey1010 wrote: »
    HomerND84 wrote: »
    @Turkey1010 nice one. Do you get the Christmas feeling when you put them up?

Heck yeah! I love all the lights and greenery. As soon as i wake up i plug in the tree and lights i tangled in the garland.. turn them off when we sleep. Only keave the tree on through the night on christmas eve for santa :# the laser lights turn of usually but the weather is so dreary i turn them off in the morning now. How about everyonr else?

Most of the lights/decorations run through timers that are set to turn them on around 9am and off at 11pm.
  • @Turkey1010 nice one :+1:

@camillasan372 it doesn't sound weird cos people put theirs up in November too even at end of October. Some shops do put theirs up after Halloween.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• Ours went up on sunday and will prob come down 6th Jan. So far they remain untouched by the dog... :#
  • Anyone have any new year day traditions?
    I always cook sausage, black eyed peas (with the ham bone from Christmas) and cabbage with cornbread for good luck and prosperity.
  • No. Only thing we do is have plenty of drink and go outside to celebrate New Years at midnight and watch watch Jools Holland' hootenanny on one of the BBC channels till at least 2am.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    If the trend continues, by the year 2025, Christmas decorations will go up sometime in August. By 2040, Memorial Day. True story

Also, there's a distinct lack of evidence here to back up the claims in this thread. A good, old-fashioned friend, @JimJ321, used to have an opinion on these matters. Something about pics . . . I can't seem to remember now.

Would love to see some photos :) I'll snap some after work; finished my roof line and a few bushes in front of the house last weekend and have most of mine up in the house. This year I picked up the fattest tree I've ever had, but need to finish decorating (maybe fire up Die Hard and trim the tree). Oh, and the Leg Lamp has been turning the neighborhood on for a couple of weeks already.
    Post edited by sandwedgeking on
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • Nicknd84
    2989 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    @MrWindermere so far our two dogs haven't touched ours normally they either knock things over with their tails or our boy dog grabs soft toy reindeer in his mouth and try's chewing them. He dose that without us seeing him. When he first got him we had a mini tree and the little sod looked at us and peed up it.

@sandwedgeking I can't be bothered to post pics. I might take a pic of our tree.

Or if anyone is going to take pics of their decorations and put them on here or social media
    Don't do what former wrestler Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon done. He posted a pic of his tree not realising in the pic was a adult movie on his tv showing. Oops. Hahaha
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• Turkey1010 wrote: »
    Anyone have any new year day traditions?
    I always cook sausage, black eyed peas (with the ham bone from Christmas) and cabbage with cornbread for good luck and prosperity.

I have a lot of traditions for new year! :p

First, I like to wear yellow or red for new year. Superstition says red brings love and yellow brings money. (Why not?)

I also like to eat 12 green grapes on January 1st (one each for every month of the year)

I always keep the most expensive bank note in my wallet, for prosperity.

And cakes... there's no special reason, but I love to bake a cake on the morning of january 1st, haha.
  • @HomerND84 sure it wasn't you who peed on the tree and blamed the dog? :lol:
  • @HomerND84 sure it wasn't you who peed on the tree and blamed the dog? :lol:

Sshh I don't want people to kno....... damn to late. :lol:
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• Nicknd84
    2989 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Oh anyone got any tips on keeping your window lights up? Mine keep falling down and it's annoying me. Don't have net light only the long thin rope lights.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• We usually put everything up right after Thanksgiving, and take it all down New Year's Day. The lights are all on timers and I love coming home and seeing the lights on. :)