EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #10: WINTER 2016: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• I keep getting catnip offerings. Now I have 30 catnip and like 900 from the other currency. This means I can't get alot of antlers each day
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi guys, I'm going through a period of intense pain even worse than I usually do at the moment, which is making things very difficult to stay up to date here. Luckily it seems there's not much to update right now, so I'm really glad I'm not letting anybody down.

@Muhsterino, can I get you to keep posting your graph for now as needed? I hope to update this on the front page tomorrow, so you might not need to, but just in case, I hope I can rely on you. I will still pop in though, in case something major has happened I need to force myself to update the front page on, such as an in-depth Event Currency Breakdown, or final conclusions on Pagan Spawn Rates and times.

It would be really helpful if forum regulars can PM me specific things you've seen that needs to go in the front page, that way I could just copy and paste or just quickly type something up, instead of going through everything and finding the posts.

I've always said this is a collaborative effort, with the full understanding that a lot of the "collaboration" falls on my shoulders, and I've been happy, very much so-you have no idea how much I value my role in these forums, or how serious I take it-but now, on my momentous 10th Event Q & A and Strategy Thread, I need you to help me. I know I can trust you all to pick up any slack.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Season's Greetings everybody!!
    :smile:
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • @AOFIGO009 take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon. No worries about this thread - we can all scroll in the meantime. Get well soon.
  • Appreciate all your hard work! Take care, and feel better.
  • @AOFIGO009 I hope you feel better soon!
  • @AOFIGO009 Hope you are feeling better.
    Use ALL of the catnip and figurines in act 1 - the currency will change in act 2. This may help if you are a bit behind the daily amounts needed. You can hand in more than the 4 required for each days tasks.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/87336/hoarding-for-act-2-dont-hoard-catnip-and-figurines-wont-carry-over/p1
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Less than 24 hours left of Act 1! (Bump)
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    Use ALL of the catnip and figurines in act 1 - the currency will change in act 2. This may help if you are a bit behind the daily amounts needed. You can hand in more than the 4 required for each days tasks.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/87336/hoarding-for-act-2-dont-hoard-catnip-and-figurines-wont-carry-over/p1

Thanks @Muhsterino, I didn't know this and had started hoarding them for Act II once I'd gone potty for the Parson!

I like that things aren't so intense this event. They don't seem to be asking too much of us, which is good, what with it being the holidays and all!!
  • This might have been answered and I missed it...should we be saving up antlers for Act 2. I have the Parson and have got one lot of bonuts anddoubt I'll get a second lot. I could hand in more resources to get antlers but am I better off keeping that to get a kickstart with act2
  • Probably there is an answer somewhere but I can't find it...
    Should I save resources to act 2 or use them for dounts?
  • Thanks Muhsterino....Sounds like its worth hanging onto the daily challenges.
  • This might have been answered and I missed it...should we be saving up antlers for Act 2. I have the Parson and have got one lot of bonuts anddoubt I'll get a second lot. I could hand in more resources to get antlers but am I better off keeping that to get a kickstart with act2

Yep, missed it in the two posts before yours! Lol!!
  • AOFIGO009 wrote: »
    This might have been answered and I missed it...should we be saving up antlers for Act 2. I have the Parson and have got one lot of bonuts anddoubt I'll get a second lot. I could hand in more resources to get antlers but am I better off keeping that to get a kickstart with act2

Yep, missed it in the two posts before yours! Lol!!

That would be me :D

Actually I knew to use the resources....I probably worded it badly. I was wondering if i left the actual daily tasks if they would revert to the new currency. I got my answer..lol...hoping toget some more bonuts.

• ACT 2 NOW STARTED
    wadebear wrote: »
    Before you "Make the Anti-Pagans Spray Satyr Wille" be sure to send all the characters you can to the Library and Moe's. It's one of those things where you cans send almost all the characters on the task from the taskbar and some of the ones that work at the Library and Moe's can be sent on the Spray Willie task.
    New characters in store 'The Wiccans' can do tasks at both the Library and Moes:
    vjntfB2l.png
  • Muhsterino wrote: »

ACT 2 NOW STARTED
    wadebear wrote: »
    Before you "Make the Anti-Pagans Spray Satyr Wille" be sure to send all the characters you can to the Library and Moe's. It's one of those things where you cans send almost all the characters on the task from the taskbar and some of the ones that work at the Library and Moe's can be sent on the Spray Willie task.
    New characters in store 'The Wiccans' can do tasks at both the Library and Moes:
    vjntfB2l.png

Does this mean if we put them on one we get more of that than the other?
  • You can only send them on one of the tasks at a time, but so many people reported an imbalance of either catnip or figurines in the first act - at least you can now have a small influence on which you make.
  • Character tasks in act 2, ones in BOLD earn 25, the rest earn 15:
    Books: CCL, LING, Lisa, Milhouse, Skinner, Bart, CBG, Martin.
    Chicken: PATCHES & POOR VIOLET, GINO, Homer, Krusty, Moe, Wiggum, Luigi, Grampa.
    Books OR chicken:THE WICCANS
  • Spawn rate on pagans, taken from TSTOaddicts:
    And they’ll yield 15 Brooches, 4 runestones and 1 guiltdust per tap. And for those curious..they spawn at a rate of 1 every 10 minutes, there’s a max of 15 allowed in your town with a bank of 15.
  • Most Springfielders have a 6 second task 'Learn about Christmas' which pays out $35 for a non-premium character and $50 for a premium character. This would be very useful for any new or low level players to gain a lot more money. Will it get patched? LPN's quote from another thread:
    it was part of Yule Love It quest but they coded it wrong and is permanent till event end
    All of the offerings for act 2 that I have had so far (small, medium and large) have a ratio of 1:6, so unless they change it won't make any difference which size you hand in. Here are some examples:
    15 books & 15 chicken - 180 (small)
    60 books & 15 chicken - 450 (small)
    75 books - 450 (medium)
    105 books & 45 chicken - 900 (medium)
    135 books OR 135 chicken - 810 (large)
    135 chicken & 75 books - 1260 (large)
    135 chicken & 90 books - 1350 (large)
    135 books & 105 chicken - 1440 (large)