EA Forums - Banner

Confirmation to use Donut's!

Replies

• direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    No. I hate confirmation boxes. Always have. "Do you really what to quit?" Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to quit. As for the donuts. If you do it once then you have the right to complain. If you are to dense to figure it out and take you time then you deserve to waste your donuts.
  • cool2006
    789 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I've even asked ea to do this and they just said it had been noticed. That was ages ago. As all it takes is 1 slip and its brought it using ur donuts on something u didn't even want. And ea woun't refund you
  • MyBentWookie
    9 posts
    edited February 2013
    cool2006 wrote:
    I've even asked ea to do this and they just said it had been noticed. That was ages ago. As all it takes is 1 slip and its brought it using ur donuts on something u didn't even want. And ea woun't refund you

Of course they won't fix i. Because in order for you to get those doughnuts back you'll have to purchase more, and f you do it again you'll have to toss them money again. They wont ever fix anything that gets them money. That's EA for you.
  • shaunareid
    721 posts
    edited February 2013
    My accidental donut purchases:

Bumblebee man - 60 donuts
    Homer Buddah (burning bush) - 15 donuts
    4 x Mystery box (always cr*p) - 24 donuts
    Itchy & Scratchy scratchcard (won £350) - 3 donuts
    £1,000 game cash - 9 donuts
    at least 6 rent speeds ups - 12 donuts

I make that 123 donuts... I need to be WAY more careful when scrolling menu's & collecting!
    Worst.Tapper.Ever! lol
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013
    shaunareid wrote:
    My accidental donut purchases:

Bumblebee man - 60 donuts
    Homer Buddah (burning bush) - 15 donuts
    4 x Mystery box (always cr*p) - 24 donuts
    Itchy & Scratchy scratchcard (won £350) - 3 donuts
    £1,000 game cash - 9 donuts
    at least 6 rent speeds ups - 12 donuts

I make that 123 donuts... I need to be WAY more careful when scrolling menu's & collecting!
    Worst.Tapper.Ever! lol

There may be some truth to Worst Tapper Ever with those stats :mrgreen:
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    everyone makes mistakes so id like to see a confirmation button so less are made
  • shaunareid
    721 posts
    edited February 2013
    That's the first time I've actually added them up too, I feel a bit sick! haha
  • wifeypoobeck
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    YES! YES!! A million times, YES!!!!
  • ThorButtockth
    190 posts
    edited February 2013
    Obviously, I'd have no problem with a confirmation for donut use... I've accidentally spent some two or three times now, nothing big though... But I also know full-well that my mistakes were clearly my fault.
  • pettenbm
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    It isn't too bad because you can cancel the building speed-up, but there were a couple of times when I hit the speed up accidentally and then the game couldn't connect to server and still ate my donuts.
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    I just accidentally wasted 3 donuts on speeding up my Itchy and Scratchy card that only had 3 MINUTES left before it was available... :evil:
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't think they need a prompt, but I think the speed up tasks should have it's own menu (and be removed from when tapping on the building - perhaps a button shortcut to the menu). Where it will list all the buildings you have and anything extra for donuts. Similar to the holiday purchase menu. I've sped up the Simpsons house among a few others and really stinks that those donuts were wasted. I hate having more than 1 donut since I have to be super careful with the taps.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • frankenjacko
    237 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    YES! The worst part is when you are navigating your Springfield and all of sudden you accidently rush a brown house or something because of lag. There definitely should be a confirmation for donuts since they are equal to money.
  • Wild ACE24
    58 posts
    edited February 2013
    Ralph
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    No. I hate confirmation boxes. Always have. "Do you really what to quit?" Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to quit. As for the donuts. If you do it once then you have the right to complain. If you are to dense to figure it out and take you time then you deserve to waste your donuts.
    Lol what he said.
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited February 2013

Of course they won't fix i. Because in order for you to get those doughnuts back you'll have to purchase more, and f you do it again you'll have to toss them money again. They wont ever fix anything that gets them money. That's EA for you.

Exactly. That you have to tap to confirm storing an item away into inventory but not to make donut purchases tells you everything you need to know.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    It's never been an issue for me, but I voted yes because I can see where that would be very annoying (or agonizing, depending on the price).

However there was recently a poster who complained about an accidental double-purchase, because once you place an item you can immediately place another. A confirmation for each purchase would be very annoying for white picket fencing!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.