EA Forums - Banner

Oy vey! - It takes a Gentile to Catch the Mistake?

Prev1
Are there any observant Jews working at EA?

The Rabbi's task to read the Torah shows him reading the wrong side (the backing) and in the wrong orientation (verticle).

He's not making a village proclamation!

readingrabbi.png
BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png

Replies

• I think you just answered you own question :smiley:
  • It was just rhetroical.

But seriously, years ago I was the only Gentile in a group that got together each week to watch Babylon 5 and it was my turn to supply dinner. I showed up with a Kosher meal, including B&W cookies beacuse it was the first day of Hanukkah. I was the only one in the group that remembered. Oy vey!
  • And he would literally have to crawl through that tiny door.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    And he would literally have to crawl through that tiny door.

The game doesn't have a good history with proportionate sizes buildings.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    And he would literally have to crawl through that tiny door.

:D I'm always thinking of that when my characters go into buildings. I think I'd miss the ridiculousness too much if they fixed it now, which they never will.

• orionsbell wrote: »
    Are there any observant Jews working at EA?

The Rabbi's task to read the Torah shows him reading the wrong side (the backing) and in the wrong orientation (verticle).

Good catch!

• Homer dances in his underwear outside of his home. Shouldn't the rabbi be inside the temple. Is that part wrong, too?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • For some time I have been thinking about collating the start screens and highlighting the mistakes in them - for a laugh. The start screens usually have big errors. Eg in the current one, the light sources are inconsistent. The stairs don't follow the rules of perspective (at all).
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.
    d0b071cb6e684ad54aa5a55a8ea87b75.jpg

• The counter on the Temple reads:

Teaching How To Properly Hold A Torah Scroll

Guess it is a deliberate thing.
  • V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.
    Not sure which is funnier, the Torah goof or there, their, they're!
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.

Except it's not grammar, it's SPELLING.
    SO BIG FAIL, clever guy.
  • V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.

SO BIG FAIL, clever guy.

Oh dear! Pardonnez-moi! 私は無益な愚か者である!* Really? My spelling was good enough for two BA's from UC Berkeley (Physiology and Theatre - Pre Med). Have worked at Kaiser, Apple, NASA, FileMaker, Disney, Warner Bros, Symantec to name a few. Programming/Web/Database contracting for Gene Roddenerry, Steven Spielberg, and Minolta (among others). IQ officially 173. Created, wrote, designed, and art directed 85 international artists for my now sold-out card game (www.orionsbell.com).

I can get the spelling right when it counts. (ie: When I'm being paid to get it right [ and the publisher isn't an idiot ].)

Uhhhhhhh, yourself?

*Yes. Studied French and Japanese.
    V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.

SO BIG FAIL, clever guy.

Oh dear! Pardonnez-moi! 私は無益な愚か者である!* Really? My spelling was good enough for two BA's from UC Berkeley (Physiology and Theatre - Pre Med). Have worked at Kaiser, Apple, NASA, FileMaker, Disney, Warner Bros, Symantec to name a few. Programming/Web/Database contracting for Gene Roddenerry, Steven Spielberg, and Minolta (among others). IQ officially 173. Created, wrote, designed, and art directed 85 international artists for my now sold-out card game (www.orionsbell.com).

I can get the spelling right when it counts. (ie: When I'm being paid to get it right [ and the publisher isn't an **** ].)

Uhhhhhhh, yourself?

hihihihi: "私は無益な愚か者である"
    :D:D:D
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    orionsbell wrote: »
    My spelling was good enough for two BA's from UC Berkeley (Physiology and Theatre - Pre Med). Have worked at Kaiser, Apple, NASA, FileMaker, Disney, Warner Bros, Symantec to name a few. Programming/Web/Database contracting for Gene Roddenerry, Steven Spielberg, and Minolta (among others). IQ officially 173. Created, wrote, designed, and art directed 85 international artists for my now sold-out card game
    ....And yet you got it wrong here. I guess you never learned humility at this wonderful school of yours. :smiley: You made a mistake. Own up to it. It wasn't a big deal but that doesn't mean we have to ignore it either. :tongue:
    V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.
    Oh, good. I was worried it was "ventricle". That could have been a fatal mistake by our resident doctor, Dr. OP.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
    V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.

SO BIG FAIL, clever guy.

I can get the spelling right when it counts. (ie: When I'm being paid to get it right [ and the publisher isn't an **** ].)

Uhhhhhhh, yourself?

Sure....and I'm Elton John.
  • eltoncc wrote: »
    V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.

SO BIG FAIL, clever guy.

Uhhhhhhh, yourself?

Sure....and I'm Elton John.

:D
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • txrabbit3737
    1130 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L.

SO BIG FAIL, clever guy.

Uhhhhhhh, yourself?

Yet you still can''t spell. All I did was post the correct spelling of a word, no other comment. Shouldn't you be busy preparing for your celebrity-free inauguration?
    I'm sure it'll be HUGE!!!

• simp7fan wrote: »
    ....And yet you got it wrong here. I guess you never learned humility at this wonderful school of yours. :smiley: You made a mistake. Own up to it. It wasn't a big deal but that doesn't mean we have to ignore it either. :tongue:

Now now....being President-elect probably takes a lot of its time. That and Twittering. ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!