EA Forums - Banner

Unlockables would be a nice touch.

I think this is a good idea but doesn't allow new players an opportunity to get the unlockables at all or am I barking up the wrong tree

Replies

  • Deadshot_DCU
    6387 posts Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Good idea. I would like to see this implemented
  • gottegris
    94 posts
    edited February 2013
    That sounds great to me!
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    It would feel alot better if i got an item that i wasn't expecting rather than the latter
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    ro33er wrote:
    I think this is a good idea but doesn't allow new players an opportunity to get the unlockables at all or am I barking up the wrong tree

    I think It's a brilliant idea, but as you say it would mean newbies wouldn't have a chance, it would have to be distributed fair firstly.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I think it would be a great idea. And ultimate end game to an event. If u start 2 days before it ends then I guess u miss out. Can't please everybody all the time.
  • fatboyslick
    36 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think a collectable after completing a themed campaign is brilliant.
    It's something to aim for. The Valentine one right now was a damp squib of an end - why not give the flower shop as the final prize!

  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited February 2013
    New players miss out on tons of stuff already. Fat Tony, Kang, Cool Homer, Santa Homer etc etc.

    I think eventually EA will release limited time items, characters etc for purchase with donuts of course. I don't see why they would pass up on more potential money because something was limited. Eventually, new players will want a chance to get that stuff too. So I definitely see them adding them back for donuts.
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    mcorway wrote:
    New players miss out on tons of stuff already. Fat Tony, Kang, Cool Homer, Santa Homer etc etc.

    I think eventually EA will release limited time items, characters etc for purchase with donuts of course. I don't see why they would pass up on more potential money because something was limited. Eventually, new players will want a chance to get that stuff too. So I definitely see them adding them back for donuts.

    Why haven't they already then? You should say that a bit a louder for those monkeys to hear :lol:
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013
    mcorway wrote:
    New players miss out on tons of stuff already. Fat Tony, Kang, Cool Homer, Santa Homer etc etc.

    I think eventually EA will release limited time items, characters etc for purchase with donuts of course. I don't see why they would pass up on more potential money because something was limited. Eventually, new players will want a chance to get that stuff too. So I definitely see them adding them back for donuts.

    I don't think so. The exclusivity with limited time items come with get it now or never. I don't think they would sell a lot of Shaunas unless she came as limited. "Better get her while I can than to regret not geting her". Also making limited time items available again would upset regulars.

    With the Christmas event, most items did not come as limited. Instead the once "free" content remained but with some ridiculous premium prices...
  • e11is1994
    9 posts
    edited February 2013
    Maybe just thinking like achievements
    and when you achieve an achievement
    could be money/doughnuts and characters
    like building so many decorations say 1000 or 2000 would be an achievement which gives you two doughnuts
    so it gives more incentive to play more :D
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited February 2013
    mcorway wrote:
    New players miss out on tons of stuff already. Fat Tony, Kang, Cool Homer, Santa Homer etc etc.

    I think eventually EA will release limited time items, characters etc for purchase with donuts of course. I don't see why they would pass up on more potential money because something was limited. Eventually, new players will want a chance to get that stuff too. So I definitely see them adding them back for donuts.

    I don't think so. The exclusivity with limited time items come with get it now or never. I don't think they would sell a lot of Shaunas unless she came as limited. "Better get her while I can than to regret not geting her". Also making limited time items available again would upset regulars.

    With the Christmas event, most items did not come as limited. Instead the once "free" content remained but with some ridiculous premium prices...

    It seems ridiculous for new players to be unable to get certain key characters just because they haven't been playing long. Which is why I suspect that they will eventually have a way to gain these characters, either by waiting the full year and having these holiday events again (with MORE content, but old content) or as I said having them for premium purchase (eventually).

    Some reasons why we haven't seen these items re-added is because a) it hasn't been long enough to be fair to regulars as you said and b) they haven't had time considering their other development challenges that keep popping up.
  • coffret_do
    144 posts
    edited February 2013
    We can have like an achievement list. Say you get a medal for collecting all items for that specific update.
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013
    mcorway wrote:
    It seems ridiculous for new players to be unable to get certain key characters just because they haven't been playing long.

    I wouldn't put any of the limited time characters or costumes on the "key character" list. To be honest you can come along way without any premium content.

    Kang, Fat Tony, Homer Santa, Mr Plow and Shauna, to name a few, were all limited time. I only got Fat Tony, and sure I like having him around but I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if he was missing.
  • jade_ellen19
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    Add me people's! Jade_ellen19
  • artdeco20
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    As far as unlockables go, I'd like to see more character outfits. Lisa in her Florida outfit, or Homer as an anthropomorphic Donut.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.