EA Forums - Banner

Rail yard resources. Mostly metal.

The last few rounds of the rail yard have required almost all metal. Last week and the week before there were only 3 or 4 times I needed plastic or glass. This week I have only needed metal except for glass twice. My plastic and glass haven't dropped below maximum capacity at all this week but I've been constantly recycling metal. I've tried cashing in all 3 options (small cogs, standard panels, and huge doohickey) but it always resets to requesting metal. Is this happening to anyone else? The rail yard resets in 9 hours and I still need 123 blueprints. This is the longest it has ever taken me to collect the donuts. It used to take 1-3 days, depending on how much I played.

Replies

• Last week it was mostly plastic for me
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Mostly glass last two weeks for me.
  • johncolombo
    11306 posts Senior Moderator
    edited January 2017
    it always wants what you are the lowest on resource wise. Max out all resources before spending them.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • it always wants what you are the lowest on resource wise. Max out all resources before spending them.

Do you mean to max out every time?
  • johncolombo
    it always wants what you are the lowest on resource wise. Max out all resources before spending them.

yes becuase it will want what your are low on, if all all full it rotates through the other resources more. Make sure you dump is full as well or it will want your garbage.
  • resources seem to change for me, i'll have 2 weeks of cans like the last two weeks also, but then go to glass or plastic so i'm due for one or the other recyclables this week. i do max resources every week
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • it always wants what you are the lowest on resource wise. Max out all resources before spending them.

yes becuase it will want what your are low on, if all all full it rotates through the other resources more. Make sure you dump is full as well or it will want your garbage.

Thanks! I will try that.

Also, I like your Dr Who avatar. I started rewatching season 5 just today! :)
  • johncolombo

Thanks! I will try that.

Also, I like your Dr Who avatar. I started rewatching season 5 just today! :)
    Thanks I can't wait till the current season starts.
  • It seems to be always metal for me, which is ok if you can visit your town every hour, but it's usually every 24 hours visit for me.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • For myself it's been glass, glass and more glass, hopefully it will be a mix this week but needed lots of glass for the first run :(
  • For myself it's been glass, glass and more glass, hopefully it will be a mix this week but needed lots of glass for the first run :(

Same for me for the past 2 weeks!
  • I think it's pretty random, you just really take notice when you've had a bad streak of a one-resource week. There are threads on this forum inquiring about the same thing and there always seems to be a mixed response, some people saying they have had all metal, some all plastic and some all glass.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.