EA Forums - Banner

What have you stopped doing?

Prev13
anaquarind
1493 posts Member
edited January 2017
The game has evolved so much recently, and I notice my playing patterns have changed and I don't do some things that I used to regularly. What habits/patterns have you dropped?

This may include (but not exclusive to):

-visiting Krustyland
-playing Sideshow You
-playing Kwik-E-Mart Scratchers
-betting on Springfield Downs
-betting at the Racetrack
-finding Maggie
-daily challenge
-doing the Railyard tasks
-tapping Bigclaw
-neighbor visits
-setting character tasks
-Insanity cauldron game
-playing at all between events
-tapping the rocket
-setting tasks for currency (ie. Cletus Farm, KBBL Radio, Clamphetheatre, etc.)
-KEM farming
-Springfield Heights (doesn't count if you stopped because you "finished", whatever you define that to be)
-catch the gnome
-polyvac game
-(whatever else I missed)

Keep in mind if you never did it, it doesn't really qualify (eg. if you never used Bigclaw after the event). I'm just interested to see what people have STOPPED doing over the course of time.

Myself I've stopped the scratchers, betting on Downs/Racetrack and sadly rarely visit my neighbours (you know who you are... and I'm sorry). All of these I used to do regularly but just find the payoff not worth the effort or time. And like 90% of the people here, my Krustyland is completely neglected.

What have you stopped doing?

Post edited by anaquarind on
Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.

Replies

• I'll admit I'm neglecting my Krustyland unless it's my daily challenge for 1 donut.
  • I stopped neighbor visits (outside events) a long time ago. Too long between loading. I also retired the KEM farm, bought all the stuff I want and built up a boatload for reserve. When that runs out I'll revert to Bloodmobiles. I still do everything else including visiting Krustyland, cuz I always loved Krustyland but have basically given up hope they will ever revitalize it.
  • Out of your items, I no longer do these things

-neighbor visits (Only during events when it counts)

-Insanity cauldron game

-tapping the rocket

• sflowers330
    644 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    -visiting Krustyland
    -Springfield Heights
    -doing the Railyard tasks
    These I consider finished as you mentioned.

-playing Sideshow You
    -finding Maggie (I don't play with sound)
    -tapping Bigclaw
    -Insanity cauldron game

These just produce enough pay to be worthwhile, so I've never bothered seriously.

these I do regularly daily, whenever available
    -daily challenge
    -betting on Springfield Downs
    -betting at the Racetrack
    -neighbor visits
    -setting character tasks
    -setting tasks for currency (ie. Cletus Farm, KBBL Radio, Clamphetheatre, etc.)
    -KEM farming +++
    Post edited by sflowers330 on
  • Heights
    Krustyland
    Neighbor visits (I do visit occasionally though)
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Donut farming and XP increases. Those took the fun out of the game for me. My entire SH was nothing but multipliers. And I had so many donuts I'd rush every event. I nuked my town and now focus on designing and am enjoying the game again.
  • I don't do scratch offs anymore until they offer something worth while.
  • I've stopped visiting krustyland.

I stopped betting after a few months of playing.

I've stopped sending characters on tasks individually since we received the unemployment option. I need to stop doing this. It has made my gameplay lazy. I forget about characters now and what tasks they have. It has made me not really appreciate the characters that have been added in the last year or so and I don't like that.

I temporarily stopped neighbor visits since the winter update because the game wasn't enjoyable. (I'm really excited now about what's to come)

If I see Big Claw I tap on him but no longer search.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • johncolombo
    11411 posts Senior Moderator
    playing Kwik-E-Mart Scratchers
    Insanity caldron
    neighbor visits unless it's an event and it behoves me and or my neighbor
    Using skins, especially since zombie sandwich.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • This list would be easier if I put down what I still do on a consistent basis... Railyard and Maggie.
  • Am guilty of not visiting neighbours too :(
    I agree that outside events the payoff just isn't worth it. Hopefully that will change with future events!
  • I had stopped doing the 5 minutes tasks for Duff Garden until this morning. I started doing it again and all I keep getting are the little statues. Another task to add to your list is releasing the gnome. I let him out 3 days ago and will probably never find him.
  • Springfield downs and the racetrack. I do bigclaw sometimes, but I don't look for him. I do the insanity cauldren once in a while (Homer is usually busy). I've done the sci-fighter game maybe 2 or 3 times since the event ended. I try to do Krustyland at least once a day, mainly because I'm trying to get to 1mil in tickets. I try to visit my neighbors every day, but I'll admit that I do forget some days.
  • Another task to add to your list is releasing the gnome. I let him out 3 days ago and will probably never find him.
    Does storing the box not work? If not mine must be wandering around somewhere because I released him and stored the box a couple of days later assuming this would work.
    Am guilty of not visiting neighbours too :(
    One less thing for me to feel guilty about!

• I do everything that has a reminder icon, just to get rid of it.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I still try to send characters on task daily and I try to tweak my town here and there, and I visit every once in a while (my device has become very slow to load large towns), but otherwise I don't do any of the things mentioned in OP's list. I still love the game but my town is how I like it, so no need for a huge overall. The last event that inspired a dedicated large area was the Wild West event, so these less than stellar events require minimal interaction besides my usual daily task setting.
  • The first three plus neighbor visits. Everything else I'm still doing.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Looks slowing down neighbor visits are the common theme here. For me it seems like such a little reward for the effort. During events I find it so much more tedious since we usually have to tap specific NPCs in other towns. Just a pain.
  • There is not much left to do in the game anymore. I stopped doing the insanity caldron and I used to do that regularly. Of all the weird things I've started visiting Krustyland again.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • Tasks, cause I don't have any more...