EA Forums - Banner

House farmers were right

Replies

• USDPC
    221 posts
    edited February 2013
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    It's unfortunate that they've turned the game into this, but with multi-million dollar items, and xp rewards past leveling, that's what it is.

And so it becomes... I've now desecrated my land for the sole reason of keeping pace. I want those expensive items, and I'm not paying real money or months of time to get them.

I'll try to keep the mess secluded to one area, while I do realistic expansions to the rest.

It's a sad time.

I don't, and never have "farmed" and I make ~$75k to $100k/day.
    You've seen my town, and the only thing I have in storage are a few bushes that I got from misery boxes.
    The escalator to nowhere took nearly all my cash, so saving up for the popsicle skyscraper is what I've been doing since it came out.
    I am at ~$700k right now since I lost a $100k getting the 3 donuts on my last bonus level up.
    Anyway, if you have some patients, getting up to $2 million shouldn't take more than 2 - 3 weeks without "farming."
  • Toj427
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    No they weren't. It's just ugly. That sort of defeats the purpose of playing the game.
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013
    Toj427 wrote:
    No they weren't. It's just ugly. That sort of defeats the purpose of playing the game.

I guess you didn't spend the time to read through the thread...
  • Toj427
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Toj427 wrote:

I guess you didn't spend the time to read through the thread...
    I read the first page and the last. Don't really care to read everything between. Ain't nobody got time for dat!
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    It's unfortunate that they've turned the game into this, but with multi-million dollar items, and xp rewards past leveling, that's what it is.

And so it becomes... I've now desecrated my land for the sole reason of keeping pace. I want those expensive items, and I'm not paying real money or months of time to get them.

I'll try to keep the mess secluded to one area, while I do realistic expansions to the rest.

It's a sad time.

House farmers aren't right or wrong. But YOU were wrong for not house farming if you wanted to buy everything ASAP.

I've said this numerous times: the point of any app is to get you to spend AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE IN THE APP! If you want to "beat" the purpose of the game, then you can't just move along at a medium pace. I have no problems with how people play, and I'm not sure why so many people do. I brought my house investments (they are investments) out of storage after I tore down my city and it was looking quite empty (and I wanted some $$). Now, I think I may spend all my excess money on Blue Houses, just because it bothers so many people and they love talking about how much it bothers them, even after saying "to each their own." lol...

I do not care if you delete me as a friend for house investing. No worries, I'll survive.

Not hostile and not intending to delete you but I don't really understand what it is that you are saying. Why would you not want to spend a lot of time in the game? If you're trying to beat the purpose of the game as you state it then why bother playing at all? Surely, the idea is to creatively build a town. It's just about the only gameplay the game has. If not that then what's the point?
  • Mrcatburt
    30 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hmm to be a house farmer or use the friend trick (cheat) and be a friend farmer.... That is the question.... Oh wait they removed the friend trick/cheat
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Nine9Nines wrote:

It's a sad time.

House farmers aren't right or wrong. But YOU were wrong for not house farming if you wanted to buy everything ASAP.

I've said this numerous times: the point of any app is to get you to spend AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE IN THE APP! If you want to "beat" the purpose of the game, then you can't just move along at a medium pace. I have no problems with how people play, and I'm not sure why so many people do. I brought my house investments (they are investments) out of storage after I tore down my city and it was looking quite empty (and I wanted some $$). Now, I think I may spend all my excess money on Blue Houses, just because it bothers so many people and they love talking about how much it bothers them, even after saying "to each their own." lol...

I do not care if you delete me as a friend for house investing. No worries, I'll survive.

Not hostile and not intending to delete you but I don't really understand what it is that you are saying. Why would you not want to spend a lot of time in the game? If you're trying to beat the purpose of the game as you state it then why bother playing at all? Surely, the idea is to creatively build a town. It's just about the only gameplay the game has. If not that then what's the point?

My point is towards the content if the OP. HE WANTS everything ASAP and doesn't want to wait. The entire purpose of the game (from EAs perspective) is to keep you in it for as long as possible, and to spend your $$. As he stated, he doesn't want to wait months. Guess what, we all waited months to build; EA is not singling you out. From the players perspective, there are many "purposes to the game." For most, it's a constant struggle to make their town aesthetically pleasing and constantly try to "one up" people (see the Burns Manor pic thread..lol). If people want to spend a ton of time in the game building up, that's great. Ive been there, and done that, and will probably be there again. personally, i find this boring and repetitive. Many other people want to get as much possible while spending as little time in the game as possible. Nothing wrong with that either. The ego-centricity of the statements like "house farming sucks because I don't like the way it looks" annoy me for their immaturity and controlling nature. Like I've said in multiple threads like this, "to each their own." I, however, actually mean it, unlike a large % of people who type it. Im Just giving a voice to the minority;everyone loves jumping in on a controversial topic when the majority posting agree with them. There are many means to an "end" in this game, and it's funny to see people get their panties in a bunch because people want to get their a little faster by investing.

No worries Peru, you've made my favorite post ever in this forum (the friends glitch masturbating comment!). For that, I can never have ill-will towards you, even if you deleted me and left flaming dog-doo on my porch! You do have some "unnecessary houses" though, as does the person who agreed with your statement. Not "farms", but duplicates, and I'd deem those to be "unnecessary." Do I care? Absolutely not, even if I tried to avoid that when my city was "nice."

Sorry if all of that has been said; I didn't bother reading all of this thread.
  • Mrcatburt
    30 posts
    edited February 2013
    I would say that since the house farming method is still around where as the friend trick/ cheat is not it is the better of the two.

I look forward to the responses it this line of thought, once I find it again past all of the friend requests.
  • bearroar
    53 posts
    edited February 2013
    I bought the escalator without farming and still have 1.4 million currently. It can be done.
  • dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited February 2013
    i wouldnt call it farming, but in order to reach some of these more expensive items i have set up a handful of rows of houses to help the process move along faster. i keep buying more land to expand some of these rows which feels like a catch 22...but you do have to spend money to make money.
  • bearroar
    53 posts
    edited February 2013
    Just play the game. It is easy to pull in 200K+ a day. Keep characters on task, shorter tasks are best. Collect as often as you can. It's not rocket science.
  • dhort1985
    414 posts
    edited February 2013

Nor do I. In fact, I couldn't care less. I don't house farm.. Yet but I'm literally just about to. Delete me if you are that obsessed with this game. I literally have hundreds of other people in the "queue" to be my friend. I just simply don't have enough room to accept everyone.
  • BuckeyeAndy
    35 posts
    edited February 2013
    Many people don't like house farmers but I think its their way of enjoying the game.

I am a blue house farmer and I didnt want to be a farmer at first, but due to expensive buildings

I started to farm houses, and i dont regret.

My goal is to get every lands and earn money for that escalator things.

For people who might want to know how much I earn a day is 150k per 8 hours.

so I earn like 450k~500k per day.

When I reach my goal, i am going to sell all blue houses and decorate my town.

• Toj427
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Many people don't like house farmers but I think its their way of enjoying the game.

I am a blue house farmer and I didnt want to be a farmer at first, but due to expensive buildings

I started to farm houses, and i dont regret.

My goal is to get every lands and earn money for that escalator things.

For people who might want to know how much I earn a day is 150k per 8 hours.

so I earn like 450k~500k per day.

When I reach my goal, i am going to sell all blue houses and decorate my town.
    Sooo... In about a week? Lolz

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rrpj007
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    Is it that much of a hindrance though?

I was under the impression these 2 new buildings are more one offs to satisfy those who have been playing daily for ages and have just got continuous XP and money.

I do not expect buildings like Ralphs house and the new el chemistri restaurants to be near those prices.

It by no means makes me want to house farm.
    Yes I'd like the elevator, but I'm not about to make a house farm, I hate those who have it, it looks awful.

This. Exactly this.

I cannot understand why people are so upset about these two high-priced items. They are unnecessary to further your progress in the game and offer you no real advantage. Which means they're money sinks. Nothing more. They exist entirely to provide a way for people who have maxed out everything else to have some reason to continue playing.

If you're opposed to house farming, but you're doing it just to get these two items, you're insane.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    This thread has way too much math, calculations, and hot tempers for my tastes.

I just like pretty things, I like pretty people, and I want to look at pretty towns. You can have an ugly town as long as I think you are a pretty person (since this is the internet that would mean that I like you! LOL).

When I say I don't care, I mean it.

I don't care.

I only responded because I wanted the OP to know that they didn't have to house farm, they aren't being forced into it. You can get everything if you are patient.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited February 2013
    Nine9Nines wrote:

"Keeping pace"...

When did this become a competition?
  • imfkool
    1111 posts
    edited February 2013
    I really don't have anything against house farmers, I mean to be honest I always want the new thing the second it comes out! but I think that to fully enjoy the game, you require patience.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited February 2013
    And inevitably these prices will probably drop. Just as they have in the past for some of the newer items (Apartments, Nelson's House, Pimento Grove, etc)
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited February 2013
    I suppose you could visit friends, as they've increased the amount you get from that (up to $100,000 per day I think)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!