EA Forums - Banner

Osaka Flu?

Replies

• Mesterle wrote: »
    I just got +1 Osaka Flu when I was clearing a neighbours visit. It seems to spread by simply visiting neighbours.

So we learn a hard lesson here don't visit neighbors this way you won't become a zombie.
  • Sick people feel free to add me.. (Username checks out)
    This is nuts.. I have done two full days of neighbor visits and NADA!

I blame getting blood in the UK during the Mad cow scare. damn it. :|
  • Just as an FYI (lost the user's post to reply to). The Osaka Flu character-cloud in your town does not infect tourists walking around in your town. Watched it meet with a couple tourists and nothing happened.
  • anonymous958
    205 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    You are added. If I can't make you sick, nothing will....

2.39% of the world is infected by the Osaka Flu

Sick people feel free to add me.. (Username checks out)
    This is nuts.. I have done two full days of neighbor visits and NADA!

I blame getting blood in the UK during the Mad cow scare. **** it. :|

• Yeah! I finally got infected. Thx to all the people who added me.
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    No, severity increases with the number of pins (shields) that you tap in your own town. I was infected this AM. I visited towns and tapped. Nothing on severity increase. Eventually those people came back to my town and tapped 3 buidlings and left pins (shields). THEN I tapped those and my severity increased one tick with each shield. EVERY pin shield at that point so far tapped from a neighbor visit increases my severity.
    suetopia wrote: »
    OK so I'm thinking...perhaps we don't do anything to spread it. Like hit a button or something. Maybe it's spread by the frequency of neighbor visits. Like the more neighbors you visit/visit you, the faster the numbers of infected rise. Random...everyone is not guaranteed to give the infection, but the higher the number of neighbor visits, the better your chances.

Did I state that clearly? If so, what does everyone else think?

Here's my guess - the higher your severity, the more contagious you are and the more people you can infect. So, you can probably still spread it at a lower severity, but you will not infect as many of your neighbours.

Also, once you have gotten the flu - I think the severity might increase with the amount of tourists you clear in your town (not sure if tapping buildings in neighbours towns increases it - haven't gotten to today's neighbours visits).

Not sure if I have gotten that right. But I think it sounds somewhat logical. :)

Yes - I was wrong about the tapping tourists in my own town increasing the severity. I checked and it does seem that clearing the pins left by neighbours increased the severity :)

• Anyone not affected add me and I'll see what I can do.
  • nissa762 wrote: »
    Just as an FYI (lost the user's post to reply to). The Osaka Flu character-cloud in your town does not infect tourists walking around in your town. Watched it meet with a couple tourists and nothing happened.
    Thanks

Curious.

Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I just finished my second night of neighbor tapping. No flu here yet.
  • I got it now... One of my neighbors visited me and i got it... Nice thing to have (Only in this game) :D
  • No flu here after 2 days of tapping.. Hmmmm
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    nissa762 wrote: »
    Just as an FYI (lost the user's post to reply to). The Osaka Flu character-cloud in your town does not infect tourists walking around in your town. Watched it meet with a couple tourists and nothing happened.
    Thanks

Curious.

I watched that happen as well but it actually does. Just not very often. I had a tourist infected earlier today. When I tapped him I got extra pins.
  • Try to add me, I will visit you and maybe you will get it... Not sure it will work but in my case it worked.
  • If your infected add me please

Town name DigitalBaggins
  • Mine just started up randomly when I opened the game.
    It begins!
  • geekbyknight
    656 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Still nothing. This seems like a massive balls up on EA's part. Surely they can't expect every player to rely on their neighbours to activate part of the event.
  • Just got it, but I'm not sure what triggered it. I opened the game to reset tasks and got the message.
  • johncolombo
    11247 posts Senior Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Is it maybe a new version of community prizes? The more people that get infected we unlock a prize? Just a thought.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • zlevell786
    219 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    This is what I received when I collected from a friend visiting me.

http://imgur.com/2l05nWq

Edit: I have no effin' clue how to add a pic from my iPhone.
    Anyway - I received +1 Osaka flu as well as the 1 skycredit. This added to the tally on the germ map
  • Is it maybe a new version of community prizes? The more people that get infected we unlock a prize?
    I hope so
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!