EA Forums - Banner

Boarding pass generation

In the beginning, I was able to send three people to fly at a time but now it only lets me do one and says that I don't have enough boarding passes. How do I generate them?

Replies

• Wait 20 minutes.
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • In the beginning, I was able to send three people to fly at a time but now it only lets me do one and says that I don't have enough boarding passes. How do I generate them?

Yes, wait 20 minutes and don't close out/exit the game or the timer will reset itself. We are being punished by EA.
  • don't close out/exit the game or the timer will reset itself. We are being punished by EA.

I can leave and return (close the game and reopen it) and the timer is counting down appropriately. I send my first 3 guys on their flights, exit, set a countdown timer on my phone for 20 minutes, open it back up when the alarm goes off and have a fresh ticket to use.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    don't close out/exit the game or the timer will reset itself. We are being punished by EA.

I can leave and return (close the game and reopen it) and the timer is counting down appropriately. I send my first 3 guys on their flights, exit, set a countdown timer on my phone for 20 minutes, open it back up when the alarm goes off and have a fresh ticket to use.

I can as well, but I guess there are some people that are unable to. I switch between two towns but both of them generate tickets while I am gone.
  • Surprise. EA rolled out another turkey. I'm done with them and Tapped Out. No more $ for me. At least deleting this app will will free up some memory on my devices. I'll never play another EA game again.
  • This is my main complaint about the Simpsons tapped out game. Why do we have to be a slave to the damn clock all the time? I mean, I can understand them wanting to draw things out over time, but when it takes 20 - 40 minutes to generate a stupid plane ticket so that I can send one person on one mission, which is necessary to gain the necessary credits to advance in the game, it gets to be ridiculously absurd. Nobody has the kind of time it takes to just sit on this game all day long and wait for things to happen. EA needs to loosen their grip on the clock a little bit.
  • really ******* hate the timer change.. now its every 4 h 40 min.... so annoying... HATE EA.. JUST LET ME PUT EVERYONE ON THE DAMN MISSION AT O?NCE YOU ********* *******........
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    aValIs4NU wrote: »
    This is my main complaint about the Simpsons tapped out game. Why do we have to be a slave to the **** clock all the time? I mean, I can understand them wanting to draw things out over time, but when it takes 20 - 40 minutes to generate a stupid plane ticket so that I can send one person on one mission, which is necessary to gain the necessary credits to advance in the game, it gets to be ridiculously absurd. Nobody has the kind of time it takes to just sit on this game all day long and wait for things to happen. EA needs to loosen their grip on the clock a little bit.

It was 2 minutes but when they realized that people were able to send over 60 people each time, they changed it. If they want to dictate how we do it, they should just give us the plane tickets necessary to send people or change the prize based on how many guesses it takes you to get the right destination.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    These posts are ridiculous. The point is not to finish the event in 2 mins and to add some level of challenge. You don't have to be a slave to the timer nor do you need to get every item. Just play at your own pace. In the end most people that play TSTO regularly will get all the items.
  • My game just crashed right in the middle of playing, got a flash of the Bart Screen, then instantly got the loading screen. I was now logged out so I signed back in. The timer is now working. Guess EA fixed something? For those still having timer issues maybe force the app closed, log out/log in. Perhaps that will fix the issue. I can live with this for now EA...for now. >:)
  • aValIs4NU wrote: »
    This is my main complaint about the Simpsons tapped out game. Why do we have to be a slave to the **** clock all the time? I mean, I can understand them wanting to draw things out over time, but when it takes 20 - 40 minutes to generate a stupid plane ticket so that I can send one person on one mission, which is necessary to gain the necessary credits to advance in the game, it gets to be ridiculously absurd. Nobody has the kind of time it takes to just sit on this game all day long and wait for things to happen. EA needs to loosen their grip on the clock a little bit.

Games like this are predicated on trying to maximize the amount of time the user interacts with the game. As for the specifics of the timer, you’re not being forced to spend that time waiting for a ticket to generate. I know that I haven’t and — last I checked — I’m actually a bit ahead of where I need to be according to LPN’s event calendar.
  • In the beginning, I was able to send three people to fly at a time but now it only lets me do one and says that I don't have enough boarding passes. How do I generate them?

Yes, wait 20 minutes and don't close out/exit the game or the timer will reset itself. We are being punished by EA.

Doesn't help me. I can watch the timer the whole time and it will reach 0s and that's where it stays without a ticket.
    Interestingly, if i leave the game along the way, it won't reset. But once it reaches 0, it will reset to 20 minutes if I leave game.

In other words, I have no way of getting a ticket no matter how long I wait. Unless I buy it for 2 donuts.
  • linguo60 wrote: »
    In the beginning, I was able to send three people to fly at a time but now it only lets me do one and says that I don't have enough boarding passes. How do I generate them?

Doesn't help me. I can watch the timer the whole time and it will reach 0s and that's where it stays without a ticket.
    Interestingly, if i leave the game along the way, it won't reset. But once it reaches 0, it will reset to 20 minutes if I leave game.

In other words, I have no way of getting a ticket no matter how long I wait. Unless I buy it for 2 donuts.

Have you tried to "force stop" the app? Mine is working now after it crashed earlier.
  • cdepast wrote: »
    These posts are ridiculous. The point is not to finish the event in 2 mins and to add some level of challenge. You don't have to be a slave to the timer nor do you need to get every item. Just play at your own pace. In the end most people that play TSTO regularly will get all the items.

I'm not trying to finish the game in two minutes. The problem is in just finding the time to even start the scenarios in the first place. Right now, I can only send three tickets at the time. Then I have to wait a minimum of 20 minutes before another ticket is generated. My window of opportunity is closed at that point and sometimes I have to wait until the next day before I can send the next three tickets on their way. The bottom line is that those three tickets per day are not enough to generate the necessary credits to advance in the game. Why can't I just send all seven at the same time?
  • antrod502 wrote: »
    Surprise. EA rolled out another turkey. I'm done with them and Tapped Out. No more $ for me. At least deleting this app will will free up some memory on my devices. I'll never play another EA game again.

Bye. I'm staying to enjoy one of the most fun events in my opinion in the last couple years.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • aValIs4NU wrote: »

I'm not trying to finish the game in two minutes. The problem is in just finding the time to even start the scenarios in the first place. Right now, I can only send three tickets at the time. Then I have to wait a minimum of 20 minutes before another ticket is generated. My window of opportunity is closed at that point and sometimes I have to wait until the next day before I can send the next three tickets on their way. The bottom line is that those three tickets per day are not enough to generate the necessary credits to advance in the game. Why can't I just send all seven at the same time?

Do you have 3-5 available flyers waiting in line? I get 1-3 tickets per 20 minutes all the time, don't ask me how or why. But sometimes I get one at T-18 min, and then at T-5 min and then at 0. But you have to keep your available flyers list to a minimun at 2. So keep on sending people waiting on regular jobs.

• I've just been sending three people at a time and maybe waiting for a fourth if the time limit is less than 10 minutes :/ I've already finished Act 1 but I kinda took advantage of the 2 minute glitch from earlier. Does this mean that Act 2 and 3 will go slower for me :(
  • I've just been sending three people at a time and maybe waiting for a fourth if the time limit is less than 10 minutes :/ I've already finished Act 1 but I kinda took advantage of the 2 minute glitch from earlier. Does this mean that Act 2 and 3 will go slower for me :(

Finished Act 1 this morning without having taken advantage of the 2-minute glitch.
  • Not experiencing any of these issues. My system allowed me to send my original 3 no problem. If I chose to go back after 20 minutes to put a fourth on a trip, I found a convenient little reset that if you send a traveler on a task instead, then the next time you go back to the airport there are 4-5 new travelers ready to go. Of course you have to wait for ticket regeneration but they would still be there. Doing this 3 times a day breezed through this event
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)