EA Forums - Banner

What items have you missed that you would like to come back available for doughnut purchase?

Replies

• teamzap17
    303 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    I had enough donuts for Kang at the time, but I broke down and bought Otto instead. I regret that choice EVERY day.
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Doh_Inc wrote:
    I want witch Marge. I don't care if she's a Halloween item. I didn't have enough money at the time, and I was still on my "no donuts ever" high horse, so I didn't get her. I regret it. :cry:

Wow, are you me? This explains me exactly.

Well you both must be me because it explains me too.

Haha me too! Bought donuts soon after Halloween, no turning back now :lol: Definitely get jealous when I see Witch Marge in other towns, boohoo :cry:
  • gchelf01
    239 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I want the Duff racer, Kang and the ray gun, Bart raven to complete my Halloween collection. The balloons that u had to pay donuts for, witch marge cuz I didn't even know about at the time
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    All I can say is I am so so so happy to hear all of you bemoaning and regretting not having Kane or Witch Marge. The hell that we caught back then, oh, what a waste and so on....just feels nice to hear most people regret it now. I know I would have if I did not get them, so I am happy.

Me too! I broke down and bought donuts just so I could get Witch Marge and Kang.
  • VigilantGuardian
    236 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Everything that came out before December 1st so all the Halloween items, the duff racer, fat tony, and the thanksgiving balloons :?
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    All I can say is I am so so so happy to hear all of you bemoaning and regretting not having Kane or Witch Marge. The hell that we caught back then, oh, what a waste and so on....just feels nice to hear most people regret it now. I know I would have if I did not get them, so I am happy.
    Booooo you md!!!
    :twisted:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:

Me too! I broke down and bought donuts just so I could get Witch Marge and Kang.

Me three.

I didn't get Kang but I bought donuts so I could speed the tasks up and get Witch Marge before the end of the event. I'm glad I did it. She's one of my favorites.
  • alexsanjuan1
    49 posts
    edited February 2013
    I would trade my Fat Tony/Shauna for Kang. Maybe a Burns Limo (or two) for a Duff Racer too. Fair shake, no?
  • FreeWillUnit
    64 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Kang.

I don't regret not buying him in October. I was - like many of you - not spending money on the game then. There was the high-falutin' thing, but it was also unclear then that EA would commit to constant upgrades of the game. I wasn't going to pay into a game that might be dead soon.

Beyond that, I did not know if Kang had good lines and sounded good. (I couldn't see him in other towns, as I was not on Origin then.) The voice acting is my favorite part of the game. I'm not likely to buy silent characters, or even those that do little more than grunt.

Knowing now that Kang sounds great with funny lines, and that EA is supporting the game on an ongoing basis, I would buy him if he were available.

But if I never get him, it won't be a big deal. I can still enjoy him in friends' towns.
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yeah Kang. Even when he was discounted I didn't pull the trigger. The Xmas update was the catalyst for my reckless donut buying/spending. There was just too much to not be a part of.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013
    When a decent amount of people couldn't access their Springfields back in November, I lost access to my main account for two weeks. I had started a secondary one around the same time, so I got Fat Tony on my backup.

I complained about it back then and received a message last week saying they were giving me 60 donuts and to check my town for Fat Tony.

Well.....
    1) No free donuts.
    2) No Fat Tony.

Funny how that works huh?
  • blandy2383
    30 posts
    edited February 2013
    My original town got lost late in October so I had a lot of this stuff but lost it. I'd love to get Heck House, Bad Dreams House, Devil Flanders, House of Evil, and the Duff Racecar back.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    When a decent amount of people couldn't access their Springfields back in November, I lost access to my main account for two weeks. I had started a secondary one around the same time, so I got Fat Tony on my backup.

I complained about it back then and received a message last week saying they were giving me 60 donuts and to check my town for Fat Tony.

Well.....
    1) No free donuts.
    2) No Fat Tony.

Sorry come again? EA said they would give you fat tony!!!!! Yeah wooo 60 donuts but Fat Tony!!!!! rlllyyyyyy ????????????
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013

Well.....
    1) No free donuts.
    2) No Fat Tony.

Sorry come again? EA said they would give you fat tony!!!!! Yeah wooo 60 donuts but Fat Tony!!!!! rlllyyyyyy ????????????

I just think the person didn't necessarily know what they were talking about based on how they worded the second message. I sent my original message Nov. 8, got a list asking for details, Nov. 10, heard on Nov. 12 that the estimated wait time was 12-14 days ... then heard back Jan. 21.

"After reviewing your case notes I see that your The Simpsons: Tapped Out application keeps crashing frequently and realize that you are quite upset with this. If you still require assistance with this matter, please reply and let me know. If you could include any error messages or any other update that would be very helpful. Also please let us know if you have received Fat Tony."

Responded the next day and said I still did not have Fat Tony. Later that day:

"As far as the issue with Fat Tony is concerned, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application to get this fixed."

So I thought maybe I'd get Fat Tony based on them maybe putting him into the game for me, but in actuality I was probably just getting the generic uninstall/reinstall thing. They probably didn't know who Fat Tony was.
  • whatUsaid82
    76 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'd be cool if you could trade theme items or premium.

I wish I had Kang.
  • ctex05748
    150 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm only missing the mausoleum. Not that I think it's all that awesome... just, why didn't I get it when I had the chance? I guess at that point I hadn't realized I was going to go all OCD and need to have every item and character. Maybe it's a good thing, reminding me that no matter how obsessive I get, perfection is not attainable.

Meanwhile, I've got all four Funzos milling around; and once the price drops a little, I'm sure I'll buy the toothpick skyscraper, too, and then stick it off in a corner where I don't have to look at it.
  • anibhat202
    39 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think the one I really want is kang. I get jealous every time I see him in other peoples Springfields

I agree, and aside from Smithers, Kang has some of the funniest sayings.

"Maybe I'll get a human bride, that'll surprise mom" :lol::lol:
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    Doh_Inc wrote:
    I want witch Marge. I don't care if she's a Halloween item. I didn't have enough money at the time, and I was still on my "no donuts ever" high horse, so I didn't get her. I regret it. :cry:
    Lol same.

I dont care about kang but witch marge would have been cool.

I didnt start with the doughnuts till xmas. That damn sale pushed me to the darkside.

I regret no witch, but I fat fingered and got the freaking bird from EA.

I have Kang. Kind of blah. The blaster though, is fun. Position it for firing on the town. Right now it's set up for skeet by the escalator.

• brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013

Well.....
    1) No free donuts.
    2) No Fat Tony.

I just think the person didn't necessarily know what they were talking about based on how they worded the second message. I sent my original message Nov. 8, got a list asking for details, Nov. 10, heard on Nov. 12 that the estimated wait time was 12-14 days ... then heard back Jan. 21.

"After reviewing your case notes I see that your The Simpsons: Tapped Out application keeps crashing frequently and realize that you are quite upset with this. If you still require assistance with this matter, please reply and let me know. If you could include any error messages or any other update that would be very helpful. Also please let us know if you have received Fat Tony."

Responded the next day and said I still did not have Fat Tony. Later that day:

"As far as the issue with Fat Tony is concerned, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application to get this fixed."

So I thought maybe I'd get Fat Tony based on them maybe putting him into the game for me, but in actuality I was probably just getting the generic uninstall/reinstall thing. They probably didn't know who Fat Tony was.

Yeah it doesn't seem like they know very much of what there talking about.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited February 2013
    Doh_Inc wrote:

Ditto...have since fallen off that horse, but no witch Marge for me either! :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!