EA Forums - Banner

Flu infection. What level?

Replies

• Just got level 3. Does this actually unlock anything? Or is it just a way to boost event currency collection?
  • I am currently at lvl 2. Just 20 infections shy of lvl 3. The world infection percentage is showing 23.78
  • Currently at level 4 - 546/1000

24.34% of the world infected. Clearing my city now!
  • I have now reached 743 credits. With 25.63 world infected. Noticed too that on the map North America has the most red dots of being affected.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • I'll be surprised if I see level 2 before the event is done.
  • Has anyone figured out what the value of Flu infection rate is? No prizes mentioned to date AFAIK
  • I'm finished with mine Level 5 1000/1000. For those wondering, nothing special happens. Just a pop-up that says you're fully upgraded. You get 5 viruses floating around town and the count no longer goes up.
  • I'm finished with mine Level 5 1000/1000. For those wondering, nothing special happens. Just a pop-up that says you're fully upgraded. You get 5 viruses floating around town and the count no longer goes up.
    Bit of a let down then.
    I'm wondering if those floating virus will stay or disappear after the event? Likely disappear.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Level 3
    399/1000

So is the flu spreading random? I would like to spread it to everyone ( never thought I'd say that) not just my first few neighbors. There's no pop up when I've infected a town so I'm not sure.

Okay then... I was hoping for something extra

Oh.. what a let down : -< Thanks for sharing.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Level 5. But it helps that my names starts with aa
  • From what I can see, collecting pins from your visiting neighbors increases your percentage and level.
    That percentage is what percentage of pins generates an infected traveler in your town. (more goodies from those guys). So if you are at 25% infection level, then 1 in every 4 pins you collect will generate an infected traveler. Or some such ratio like that. I haven't figured out the specifics, but that is the general idea. It may be based on what level you are rather than the percentage of infection.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3080 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I think some of you are confused! The ONLY WAY your Infection Severity Level increases is by friends visiting your town. You get one flu point per friends tap (3 max per friend). So, have many active friends AND clear friend taps from your town frequently.
    If you visit ALL your friends every day you are a good neighbor. If you only visit the first 30 friends to get pins, then you will not be helping the rest on your list (bad neighboreeno).
    516/1000 level 4 23.21%

It's a metter of time/frustration level. Loading towns takes a lot of time and is very frustrating (not to mention I only have time to do them, given the amount of time it takes, at bedtime - I often fall asleep before I finished ).

I disagree with your premise. A bad neighbor is one who doesn't visit at all, but happily collects the badges you leave.

That is a let down :/ Well now I don't feel so rushed, thanks for sharing!
  • need about 350 more to finish
  • Maybe the prize is awarded when global infection reaches 100%.
  • A bad neighbor is one who doesn't visit at all, but happily collects the badges you leave.

Amen.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Well I have no hope then. Was wondering why mine wasn't going up, on 3 out of 100 Level 1. I can't accept friends!!
  • I'm at 5/100 (level 1) for the last two days :(