EA Forums - Banner

Setting character tasks through the unemployment center question:

We have multiple characters with tasks that are the same length of time (more than one 4 hr task, more than one 8 hr task). Is there a way to "set" which task gets picked by the unemployment center? Such as putting a character on one of the tasks manually, which will set it up to be picked through the center the next time? How does it choose exactly, and is there a way to set tasks that you want through it?

Replies

• I suggested that before too. A press and hold and drag option to change the top default tasks. ( But no its not in the game.)
  • So no way for sure to set up the tasks?
  • Based on my observations, it will always pick the first task listed for the time duration selected.
  • If you really want a character to do something specific, you'll have to set them on it yourself. It's meant to be a quick and easy way around tapping one by one.
  • If you set a character skin and then do unemployment center it will select that skins timed tasks. So if regular has 60m but the skin has 4hr and you do UC for 60m that skin will be available to set for 4hr at the UC.
  • I think that the top of the list is the last task done for that time. Manually set them the first time then use the unemployment center to keep sending them to the same task.
    My town 5/13/20: https://i.imgur.com/GHOIICG.jpg. I accept most neighbor requests.
  • i manually cycle through my chars once very few days to make sure i use the most $$ skins. but yes, manually.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • Based on my observations, it will always pick the first task listed for the time duration selected.

This. I have the tank, but I have to manually select Wiggum's premium task there. It would nice if it would make premium jobs default.
  • It would be nice if you could choose only animated tasks or just not animated tasks
  • I hate that it doesn't auto-select paired tasks. Sometimes I forget, then I'll see somebody like Sophie wandering around with nothing to do.
  • vibra5 wrote: »
    It would be nice if you could choose only animated tasks or just not animated tasks

That would be pretty awesome.
  • I just wish they'd figure out how to make it work when a task is open to almost everyone, but only needs five people. The new menu function for the specific task kind of helps, but I wish once the limit for the task was filled, I could use the office.

OR, just make the office send people on the mandatory tasks if they fall within the time block that you're selecting.